766 users online (90 members and 676 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Angry Acid Bombs set off in Maine Wal-Mart

SKOWHEGAN, Maine (AP) -- Two teenage boys have been charged with setting off two homemade bombs inside a Wal-Mart filled with holiday shoppers, authorities said.

Hundreds of customers were evacuated from the store when the acid bombs detonated Saturday afternoon. At least eight people were treated for irritation to their eyes and throat or ringing in their ears, said Stephen McCausland, spokesman for the state Department of Public Safety.

More at link:
    http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/11/26/wal....ap/index.html

Is it just me, or is simply releasing these boys to their parents a bit to "easy" on them. Yes, they were charged, but I think holding them until Monday morning (at least) would have been a bit more appropriate! I've taught teens for eleven years; these boys have learned nothing so far. (JMO)

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora
    SKOWHEGAN, Maine (AP) --
    Is it just me, or is simply releasing these boys to their parents a bit to "easy" on them. Yes, they were charged, but I think holding them until Monday morning (at least) would have been a bit more appropriate! I've taught teens for eleven years; these boys have learned nothing so far. (JMO)
    OMG, pandora! I so agree with you. Anywhere else they stand to be considered terrorists! What would the reaction have been if there were tourists, foreigners, illegal immigrants or street children?

Their penalty sends out the WRONG message. (Kids like this grow up ... perish the thought ...)

Los Angeles, CA - I'm officially a "Valley Girl"
    I hope something else will be done, as far as punishment goes. Heck, it seems like they would have been in a helluva lot more trouble if they tried to shoplift a Sony Playstation 3!! To me, this is not the behavior of "normal" kids.

What is an acid bomb? I've heard of 12 year old kids being sent to juvenile detention for months for a lot less that this! The school tried to send my grandson to an alternative school for just getting too many "marks" during the school year and he didn't even commit any crimes. This is ridiculous. Someone could have had a heart attack due to fear in that store. It was only a few months ago that reports of people buying mass track phones and having diagrams to many Walmarts came out. I would have immediately panicked and thought terrorists had done something.