CO CO - Nonnie Dotson, 33, Littleton, 19 Nov 2006

Michelle Read

Reaction score
Air Force nurse Nonnie Dotson spent the night before her disappearance dancing at the Grizzly Rose and fending off two guys who were flirting with her, her brother said Sunday.Tony Dotson said a man called him a couple days after his sister vanished to say he had danced with the talented country line dancer for much of the night Nov. 18.

The Grizzly Rose customer told Dotson's family he helped the 33-year-old mother dodge the two men who wanted to take her to breakfast.

Nonnie Dotson returned to her brother's Littleton home, where she was staying with her young daughter for a few days, in the wee hours Nov. 19 in the car she had borrowed from her brother.

He said she had gone out alone the previous night.

"She said it was the first time she ever closed out a bar in many, many years," he said.

She left the house later that day after telling her brother she planned to go shopping, hang out with friends and possibly grab dinner. She also mentioned a desire to pick up a fruit smoothie.

more at link~

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15917514/

The Jefferson County Sheriff's Office is looking for a missing Broomfield woman last seen midday Sunday when she left her brother's house in southern Jefferson County for a short errand.

Nonnie Dotson, 33, is the mother of a 16-month-old girl and is a first lieutenant in the Air Force.

She was last seen wearing a gray hooded sweatshirt, white T-shirt and black jeans. Dotson is stationed in San Antonio.

photos at link:

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_5164832,00.html

absolut said:
http://www.missingabducted.com/2006/11/nonnie_ann_dots.html

We have added a youtube channel to missingabducted and Nonnie is the first video we posted.

The "lead" from the guy at the bar doesn't look to be credible at this point. Every article really makes it seem that she just vanished into thin air.

Nonnie's MySpace page
absolut, thanks for the information. I live in CO and there has been NOTHING in the news. How frustrating it must be for her family!

I clicked on the link and played the video, but nothing came up but a banner for missing/abducted. There was no sound or photos.

Her myspace page shows photos of her with her beautiful daughter. I can't imagine that she would just up and walk away from her child. Seemingly she was more caring then that.

Prayers for a break in this case soon! The weather here in CO was below zero last night... I would hate to think if she was out in the elements. :(

snip~

The man who fathered a missing woman's child has hired a lawyer and has refused to talk to investigators looking into her disappearance.

Nonnie Dotson disappeared from her brother's home in Littleton, Colo., on Nov. 19, leaving her 16-month-old daughter.

Dotson went out line dancing at the Grizzly Rose in Denver the night before she disappeared and her brother, Tony Dotson, 34, said he received a phone call from a man who said he danced with her there. Tony Dotson said the man told him he helped her dodge two other men who were flirting with her and wanted to take her to breakfast.

She returned to her brother’s home in her brother’s car.

“You always wonder: did someone follow her home?” Tony Dotson said.

But Jefferson County spokeswoman Jacki Kelley said investigators have talked with several men Dotson met while out dancing but that none of the interviews yielded any new leads.

Edward Vehle, 53, is the father of Dotson's daughter and lives in suburban San Antonio, Texas. Law enforcement officials had been trying to locate him since Dotson disappeared.

more at link:

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/10429369/detail.html

He's retained a lawyer already and isn't talking? Hmmm......

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/10396335/detail.html

Daughter Of Missing Air Force Nurse Sick

GOLDEN, Colo -- The daughter of a missing Air Force nurse fell ill and was under a doctor's care Saturday, Jefferson County sheriff's officials said.

I wonder if the story was released to lure her back home if sheleft voluntarily.

It seems very fishy to me that the baby daddy is not talking and that they know the area of where her cell phone is but have not found anything.

It seems really fishy to me that he's not talking if he has nothing to hide. He did have some hefty child support payments to make to her, so by her being gone he won't have that debt if he were awarded custody of his daughter.

the original tez said:
It seems really fishy to me that he's not talking if he has nothing to hide. He did have some hefty child support payments to make to her, so by her being gone he won't have that debt if he were awarded custody of his daughter.
In 16 months he has never seen or spoken to the child, very unlikely he would get custody, and he would still owe support through the state to the custodian at that point unless she was adopted, I believe.

absolut said:
In 16 months he has never seen or spoken to the child, very unlikely he would get custody, and he would still owe support through the state to the custodian at that point unless she was adopted, I believe.
I know you are right, but maybe he thought he could get out of paying child support.

I sincerely hope & pray he isn't awarded custody of the baby. If he hasn't paid support & refuses to talk to authorities a judge would be insane to help the worthless piece of crap out.

To lawyer up this soon says alot. Like he is GUILTY of something! He is probably rich & not going to spend a dime on the little one. I hope her Mom fights with every breathe she has in her to keep the little girl.

This just makes me sick!!!!

It makes me sick too. I just can't figure out why he lawyer up so quickly unless he has something to hide.

Hi cheko and tez -

(Cheko - see any Deidre parallels??)

I have told my hubby that if I disappear, he needs to get a lawyer b/c he'd be suspect #1. So assuming this guy is relatively intelligent, he probably realized that and lawyered up. I'll never blame anyone for that, but in this circumstance he still needs to TALK. There's a diff. btwn getting a lawyer and not telling what you know. There's no harm in having someone protect your rights, but still telling police where you were, what you knew about Nonnie, etc.

Ang50 said:
Hi cheko and tez -

(Cheko - see any Deidre parallels??)

I have told my hubby that if I disappear, he needs to get a lawyer b/c he'd be suspect #1. So assuming this guy is relatively intelligent, he probably realized that and lawyered up. I'll never blame anyone for that, but in this circumstance he still needs to TALK. There's a diff. btwn getting a lawyer and not telling what you know. There's no harm in having someone protect your rights, but still telling police where you were, what you knew about Nonnie, etc.
I don't fault him for lawyering up, but I agree that he should tell what he knows. By him not talking it's not looking good for him.

the original tez said:
I don't fault him for lawyering up, but I agree that he should tell what he knows. By him not talking it's not looking good for him.
Absolutely, plus if innocent, detracts officers from finding her b/c they're leaning on him. i.e. finding these Air Force guys. Now, if the military is implicated, it hinders the investigation even further.

Ang50 said:
Absolutely, plus if innocent, detracts officers from finding her b/c they're leaning on him. i.e. finding these Air Force guys. Now, if the military is implicated, it hinders the investigation even further.
Boy, is that the understatement of the year!

If he is innocent, then he needs to talk so they can move on to other POIs.

Doubt this guy is in the Air Force he is 53 yrs old. But maybe????

Yes I definately see a pattern in this & Deidre's case......both disappeared without a trace. That is so scarey........guess it happens more often then I thought. Also LE seems to think Nonniie just walked away.....or least it sounds that way. Outcome doesn't look very good either.

cheko1 said:
Doubt this guy is in the Air Force he is 53 yrs old. But maybe????
Not the baby's daddy, but these other guys she was seen with at the bar were supposedly Air Force.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back