Footprints in the basement?

halycon

Reaction score
Didn't they say on the CBS program that there were two sets of prints found in the basement? Uh, I thought it was just one Hi-Tec print that was Burke's. Was there another one? Is there a source for this? TIA!

halycon said:
Didn't they say on the CBS program that there were two sets of prints found in the basement? Uh, I thought it was just one Hi-Tec print that was Burke's. Was there another one? Is there a source for this? TIA!
I found it interesting that this was mentioned as well. I have read most of the books on the case and I have only seen mention of a single footprint.

halycon said:

Perhaps they meant one foot print(burke)the other a palm print(melinda)

Charlie said:
Perhaps they meant one foot print(burke)the other a palm print(melinda)
Well, if they did Charlie, they should say that. They should also say the prints have been identified.

Doesn't "two sets of footprints" mean that there are 4 prints?

I also found this an interesting point in the show since they merely threw it out there but did not say anything about the type of prints (Hi Tech) nor any of the info already out there about the prints.

It was a very misleading mockumentary all around.

No, but as they were talking about it they showed a picture of the footprints in on the floor. It was flashed too fast to get a good look at it but they had a picture nonetheless.;)

You can get a picture from anywhere. Maybe they took it from another case. 48 Hours does a lot of mysteries. I don't trust anything that was on that show.

I still want to know -- what second footprint???

halycon said:
You can get a picture from anywhere. Maybe they took it from another case. 48 Hours does a lot of mysteries. I don't trust anything that was on that show.

I still want to know -- what second footprint???
The second one they're trying to say was there was likely made by a ghost,IMO. ;)

This article was written in 1998 and mentions two footprints:

January 11, 1998
Web posted at: 6:48 p.m. EST (2348 GMT)

The New Yorker also reported that dark fibers found on the body did not match clothing found in the house, and two types of footprints, including one near the body, did not match any footwear belonging to the parents.

http://www.cnn.com/US/9801/11/jonbenet/index.html

Rhett said:
No, but as they were talking about it they showed a picture of the footprints in on the floor. It was flashed too fast to get a good look at it but they had a picture nonetheless.;)

They showed a SET of footprints, rather than just one print? All along we've been hearing there was just one, and I was citing Kahaner's "Cults That Kill" book to theorize someone put a boot on a pole of some kind, maybe a shovel handle or whatever was there in the basement. So was the set close enough to the edge of the mold to have been someone walking normally?

There is an article that asserts the second print was John's.

Yesterday as I was thumbing through a copy of Globe at a checkout, I came upon yet another article about two intruders, which also had something about Lou Smit. There wasn't time to read any of it. If one of the tabloids would print a picture of the footprints, now that would be interesting.

That crazy story was in the National Enquirer. I saw it a couple weeks ago. I was shocked because I thought they knew the case better than that. More disinformation.......

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back