1269 users online (221 members and 1048 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Sorry for the stupid question I'm about to ask but what does the strength mean on a namus profile? Also I wonder if LE confirmed how long Rueben's friend waited for him to come back before leaving. This case is sad, but as other's have said points to a drug deal gone bad.
    I wear these scars
    I own my mistakes, you made me this way I wear these scars
    I know my mistakes
    , you canít take that away.

They have DNA, dentals and fingerprints of Reuben that can be compared to UIDs, so the chances for him to be indentified are high.

New to forum

Quote Originally Posted by samhoney View Post
    Maybe some of you who have learned about these things during the time you've researched/investigated cases can help shed some light on this for me.

How exactly does a drug deal go bad? I have no clue how these deals take place or go down but a bad deal seems to be the end game for the missing young man I'm trying to help find.

Feel free to PM me if you don't want to answer in this thread.
    I have just joined this thread, so first of all hello to all.
    This case has also been one of the many that really just keeps hanging in my mind. (i am a frequent on the doe network, poring through all of these sad, heartbreaking cases hoping maybe one day I would be able to help bring some closure to someone out there).
    First, I saw earlier in this thread somewhere, there was a person who posted a link to a UID found in late 1991 in Alabama. The case sounded like it could be a match for Reuben. I had already submitted that link to Snohomish county sheriff's department before I read on here that whoever posted the link was told it was NOT Reuben. Just wondering who that person was and who told them it was not Reuben?
    Second, I will just say that I have had a lot of experiences in the drug world due to dating a couple of guys who dealt in some heavy and not so heavy stuff.
    If Reuben was there to make a deal that night, but came up short on the drugs, there's one problem,there. Or maybe he got the money from,these people and was not able to find the drugs they wanted. Or....he could have been sort of a middle man dealer. I have heard of all sorts of bad stuff going down....one guy I dated even came to me telling me he and his friend had had guns put to their heads. Its a scary world to be around, much less in. I am wondering, who was it that even said he was going to do a deal, or was that assumed???
    Also, most of the time a smart dealer does not deal with those he doesn't know. He has to be pretty tight with a person, or people,,to even get in with them....
    One more note. If he was getting his drugs to sell from a higher level dealer, he could've been fronted them, I.e., given the drugs and be expected to be paid back once they were sold.
    Another couple angles, too. If he was a known dealer....by the law....suppose any of his connections knew this and were afraid he was going to narc them out? There are no friends in the drug world.
    I have to wonder if it even had to do with a deal home bad. What if he was looking at hard time and wanted to disappear? Or suppose he did leave that apartment that night, realized he had no ride, and tried to hoof it somewhere, some jackass knows he has $ on him.....
    There are so many what its.

I was a friend of Ben's when I lived in Everett. Ben and I were arrested together when we were 15-16? after we stole a backpack full of expensive camera equipment in the San Juan islands during a jazz festival his parents took us to. After that, my parents never let me hang out with him again so I lost touch with him once I moved away to Florida. I can say, that although we got into trouble that one time, he was one of the few people from my childhood that I could call a "best" friend.

I visited Everett in my late-20's and managed to hook up with some of my other friends, and it was a bit depressing. Nearly all of my old friends were addicted to various drugs and were living (forgive the term, but it is the only way to describe it) "white trash" lifestyles. I love all of my friends, but drugs in south Everett must've been a huge, uncontrolled problem, and it was really sad.

About 10 years ago I heard from a friend that Ben had gone missing a while back, and I am writing this here to let everyone know that he really was a nice guy. His Mom and Dad loved him very much. He got in trouble a bit, and obviously had gotten into some bad life-choices, but he and his family are worth helping.

Thanks,
    Jeff Ottinger

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5