935 users online (118 members and 817 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Hi
    Thankyou.If you find the board please let me know.I would very much like to see it.I would very much like to take care of this.

suzanne

Hi
    I have him on tammy's site and myspace.You said on his webpage you made for him there is more to Ben Lewis than that factor alone. One segment of his life should not define him as a person or lead people to think that somehow he "got what he deserved".
    Ben is someone's son. Someone's brother, cousin, nephew, uncle, grandson. He's someone's best friend. He has hopes and dreams just like everyone else. There is a family that loves him and misses him. There are countless people affected by his disappearance.

The most important thing to know about Ben is that he is a human being who deserves to be found.

I agree with you.I will do what I can do to help you find him.

suzanne

Quote Originally Posted by suzannec4444
    Hi
    I have him on tammy's site and myspace.You said on his webpage you made for him there is more to Ben Lewis than that factor alone. One segment of his life should not define him as a person or lead people to think that somehow he "got what he deserved".
    Ben is someone's son. Someone's brother, cousin, nephew, uncle, grandson. He's someone's best friend. He has hopes and dreams just like everyone else. There is a family that loves him and misses him. There are countless people affected by his disappearance.

The most important thing to know about Ben is that he is a human being who deserves to be found.

I agree with you.I will do what I can do to help you find him.

suzanne
    That came from my site and the link to it is in my sig. Who is Tammy? Does she have a site on Reuben, too?

Hi
    Thankyou.If you find the board please let me know.I would very much like to see it.I would very much like to take care of this.

suzanne
    I found the message from someone to Reuben on ask.com. I typed his name in and it returned two hits. The site looks like it is now shut down. It was the very first personal statements from people I found regarding him on the net.

Hi
    You made a beautiful site for him.Tammy is my sister.Tammy Lynn Leppert.She came up missing in 1983.I put Reuben on the board I made for her.I added other missing persons too.

suzanne

Hi
    You made a beautiful site for him.Tammy is my sister.Tammy Lynn Leppert.She came up missing in 1983.I put Reuben on the board I made for her.I added other missing persons too.

suzanne
    Oh, I'm so sorry about your sister, Suzanne. I'd love to visit the site you made for her. What is the URL in case I can't find it myself?

I used to be a social worker when I lived in the states and I also worked as a victim's advocate on drunk driving cases. My heart is always 100% with victims and their families.

hi

http://icaremissingpersonscoldcases.yuku.com/

I put him on there too.There are other boards all over to add him to too.It is good you are getting his story out there.Maybe the newspaper can write a story on him to generate leads.You are right someone,some where knows something.I feel they just need to talk.

suzanne

Lightbulb

I went to The Herald website and went searching through their archive, which goes back to 1997. I found a story about the Snohomish County Sheriff forming a Cold Case Squad to examine and investigate cold cases that have bodies. (I'll come back with a site; their server is down).

A 24-year-old divorced mother of two was found in March 1992 at an illegal trash dumping site in Monroe, Washington. She was identified as Kathy Dobson. Two men were suspected of murdering her when they heard rumours that she turned drug informant. The case never went to trail due to lack of evidence.

So, what does this case have in common with Ben's case? Well, a few things.
    1.Both Ben and Kathy were in their early 20s and lived in Snohomish County.

2.Ben and Kathy associated with drugs, drug users and drug dealers.

3.Ben disappeared in February 1991. Kathy disappeared Summer 1991, about six months after Ben disappeared.

4.The chances are probably greater than 50-50 that they knew each other, at the very least in passing.

5.Ben got into quite a bit of trouble in the months before he disappeared. He could have been looking at time in prison. Could he have been offered informant status by the Sherrif's office or the Everett PD in exchange for a lighter sentence or something more enticing?

6.He was a dealer who could possibly tell any drug task force what they needed to bring down operations, other dealers and suppliers.

7.Were rumours circulating about him like the ones cirulating about Kathy Dobson being an informant? Did the same two suspects in Kathy's murder get to Ben first? Perhaps. Snohomish county is big and there are hundreds of thousands of people who live there. There were probably lots of people who had a reason for wanting a dealer out of the picture. But it is an intriguing avenue to travel down.

I'd love to know if the investigators looked at that angle. That just seems too fricking easy. I mean, come on. I'm not the brightest little bulb of the bunch but that was the first thing I thought of when I worked this all out in my mind.
    Last edited by samhoney; 04-14-2007 at 02:56 AM.

THE SEATTLE TIMES

March 5, 1991

Edition: FINAL
    Section: NORTH
    Page: D3

Topics:
    Index Terms:
    DIGEST
    MISSING PERSONS

Column: BRIEFLY

POLICE SEARCHING FOR MAN MISSING SINCE FEB. 22

Dateline: EVERETT

Article Text:

Police are searching for a 20-year-old Everett man missing since Feb. 22 after he went to an apartment complex in South Everett.

The family of Rueben M. Lewis contacted the Snohomish County sheriff's office, suspecting foul play after he failed to return from the Mallard Cove Apartments, 12404 Admiralty Way, said sheriff's office spokeswoman Jan Jorgensen.

Lewis did not tell anyone why he was going to the apartment complex or who he was going to see after he received a message through a telephone pager about 8 p.m. Feb. 22, Jorgensen said.

A friend drove him to the complex, and Lewis was last seen going into Complex C. His friend waited 40 minutes, then left and later notified Lewis' family, according to the police report. His mother told police Lewis was carrying $2,000 in cash when he disappeared, the police report said.

He is described as white, 5 feet 11, and 140 pounds, with blue eyes and brown, shoulder-length hair. He has a tattoo of a joker with fangs on his left arm, scars around his mouth and an ornamental ring in his nose. He also is known as Rueben Kinard Blue and Ben Jarvis.

He was last seen wearing purple jeans, black tennis shoes and a red leather jacket.

Anyone with information about Lewis is asked to call the sheriff's office at 388-3523.

Caption:
    RUEBEN M. LEWIS
    PHOTO

Southwestern Maine is home but I'm not there nearly often enough
    Quote Originally Posted by samhoney View Post
    1.) I have sent two emails to the medical examiner's office and unfortunately, I have not gotten a response.
    Makes one wish that elected Coroners were still the norm. Appointed ME's are much less inclined to accept input directly from the public, in many counties they'll only budge if you go through the Sheriff.

Quote Originally Posted by poppypetals View Post
    THE SEATTLE TIMES

March 5, 1991

Edition: FINAL
    Section: NORTH
    Page: D3

Topics:
    Index Terms:
    DIGEST
    MISSING PERSONS

Column: BRIEFLY

POLICE SEARCHING FOR MAN MISSING SINCE FEB. 22

Dateline: EVERETT

Article Text:

Police are searching for a 20-year-old Everett man missing since Feb. 22 after he went to an apartment complex in South Everett.

The family of Rueben M. Lewis contacted the Snohomish County sheriff's office, suspecting foul play after he failed to return from the Mallard Cove Apartments, 12404 Admiralty Way, said sheriff's office spokeswoman Jan Jorgensen.

Lewis did not tell anyone why he was going to the apartment complex or who he was going to see after he received a message through a telephone pager about 8 p.m. Feb. 22, Jorgensen said.

A friend drove him to the complex, and Lewis was last seen going into Complex C. His friend waited 40 minutes, then left and later notified Lewis' family, according to the police report. His mother told police Lewis was carrying $2,000 in cash when he disappeared, the police report said.

He is described as white, 5 feet 11, and 140 pounds, with blue eyes and brown, shoulder-length hair. He has a tattoo of a joker with fangs on his left arm, scars around his mouth and an ornamental ring in his nose. He also is known as Rueben Kinard Blue and Ben Jarvis.

He was last seen wearing purple jeans, black tennis shoes and a red leather jacket.

Anyone with information about Lewis is asked to call the sheriff's office at 388-3523.

Caption:
    RUEBEN M. LEWIS
    PHOTO
    OMG!!! THANK YOU!!! Honestly, thank you so, so much. I have been searching high and low for *anything* like this. How did you find this? I looked there earlier in my research and found nothing.

You're welcome !! I was really glad I found it for you, you got me really interested in Ben's case. I may be able to find more, I didn't have much time to look yet. I looked a bit on Doenetwork for a red leather jacket, or purple pants, I'll repeat what I said on the other thread, if Ben has been found, I don't think he's listed anywhere. His description already stood out, now even more with what he was wearing.

I also find it very interesting that someone took him to this alleged drug deal, waited 40 minutes for him to come out ? I wonder if this person knew who Ben was meeting, I'm sure they did. Perhaps LE knows as well, maybe they cannot find them ? Or maybe these people are maintaining that Ben was never there. Interesting case SH. Glad I could help a little.

Its a long shot, but this could be him: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/502umal.html

Quote Originally Posted by q64ceo View Post
    Its a long shot, but this could be him: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/502umal.html

Interesting find....

Quote Originally Posted by q64ceo View Post
    Wow, there are a lot of similarities. I wonder if this has been looked at as a possible match, I would turn it in.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast