The Fax vs Printout. What was it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PolkSaladAnnie

Preventing Truth Decay
Reaction score
In the first reports LE quoted Meredith as saying JY asked Meredith to call by and collect a fax that he didn't want MY to see. Meredith gladly obliged, arriving shortly before 1:30 (If we take the 911 call as an interim timeline...)

Posters claiming to be "in the know" claim it was not a fax - it was a printout.

We ask WHY, on Friday 3rd November, was JY so involved in a gift that required all these calls, faxing, documentation, ordering, etc when he was supposed to be either in his car or on a business trip?

What was so vital that JYmade this 'first time ever' call to Meredith?

Insiders claim it was for a leather purse - an anniversary present.

BUT: their anniversary was in October, the previous month.

Michelle's birthday fell on 17 Feb 1977

.... And Christmas was still some 7 odd weeks away when murder happened.

I don't think Melinda would make a mistake between computer print out and fax. Either the friends aren't friends and just trolls letting out misinformation, or there was no fax and Jason thought of a print out he had laying around to complete the lie (when the fax thing became a big deal).

JMHO
fran

Since we haven't heard any proof that a fax/printout really exists, it's hard to confirm anything. One of my first questions would be at what time did JY call Meredith to retrieve the fax? He could have called her in the morning but she could have been delayed until the time in the afternoon when she called 911? The only other question I have regarding a fax or printout is that I "assume" that JY would carry a laptop as part of his salesjob?

This fax/printout was the first thing that seemed odd. (IMO)

It can be termed as both, but as has been stated time and time again it was a FAX, which means a fax sent to a standalone fax machine, not a computer. My computer is set up to be a fax machine and I have a standalone fax machine.

If someone sends me a fax, it is received by my computer and is printed out by my computer's printer. Therefore it can be termed either as a fax or a 'printout'.

The difference between using my computer as a fax machine and having a stand alone fax machine is that to receive a fax (when I was on dialup) the internet must be disconnected or it would fail in sending. However, I now have broadband and I can receive a fax while online as the fax data comes through the phone line, not the broadband data line. In this case and in statement 1 below....my computer at home AND my printer must be ON.

1 I can activate a printout to my computer from my laptop....But I must have the file IN my laptop to be able to send it to my computer. (But why would I bother to send a fax to my house when I have it on my laptop anyway)

2 I can also send a fax from my laptop to my fax machine...all it takes is to plug my laptop into a phone line....but again, I have to have the document in MY laptop. (But again......why would I bother to send a fax to my house when I have it on my laptop anyway)

If I am on my computer I disable fax mode so my standalone fax will receive it instead....lol there's nothing worse than receiving a fax through my computer at 2 am so that the printer starts up of it's own accord and scares the bejeezuz out of me!

So the question that needs to be answered here is WHO sent the fax. Jason or someone else.

Meredith has a computer and the internet. We all know that from her still maintained MySpace page. If he sent the 'fax' from his laptop (which means he has it in his laptop as a file) to his house, it was to get poor Meredith over there to find Michelle...........Otherwise he would've just sent the file to her via email...and no-one can tell me that he wouldn't have his sister in laws email address.

PolkSaladAnnie said:
In the first reports LE quoted Meredith as saying JY asked Meredith to call by and collect a fax that he didn't want MY to see. Meredith gladly obliged, arriving shortly before 1:30 (If we take the 911 call as an interim timeline...)

Posters claiming to be "in the know" claim it was not a fax - it was a printout.

We ask WHY, on Friday 3rd November, was JY so involved in a gift that required all these calls, faxing, documentation, ordering, etc when he was supposed to be either in his car or on a business trip?

What was so vital that JYmade this 'first time ever' call to Meredith?

Insiders claim it was for a leather purse - an anniversary present.

BUT: their anniversary was in October, the previous month.

Michelle's birthday fell on 17 Feb 1977

.... And Christmas was still some 7 odd weeks away when murder happened.
psa-- where did you get the info this was the first time jy ever called Meredith?

j2mirish said:
psa-- where did you get the info this was the first time jy ever called Meredith?
Meredith said he had never before called her to do anything like this...it's in a lot of the articles, I am just too lazy to search for it right now!:p

j2mirish said:

Hi j2mirish - longtime :)

Just a note to add mama-cita's response (thanks m-c)... According to the first reports out, Meredith stated it was a fax. I don't think LE or the media are wrong here - however, that was Meredith's testimony. True or false? We don't know that just yet.

Mama-cita said:
Meredith said he had never before called her to do anything like this...it's in a lot of the articles, I am just too lazy to search for it right now!:p
TY-- I didnt have the time to go thru a zillion posts, so I figured someone could throw me an answer quickly !

the Sheriff verified that Meredith was told to go over & pick up a "fax".....doesn't necessarily mean the 'paper/document' had JUST been faxed to the house...IMO it could mean he had some kind of paperwork that might have already been faxed prior to all of this, & this was his excuse to get her over to the house....

for all we know this piece of paperwork might have been something of Michelle's...to show what she wanted for Christmas???..who knows?...i believe there was SOME kind of paperwork there that Meredith was suppose to pick up....it allowed a reason for JY to get someone to the house to find Michelle's body.....

which makes me wonder.....wonder why JY (IF he did this) didn't want to be the one to find her body????.....course it could also be that he was worried about Cassidy???.....hmmm, now i'm thinking.....

what if he didn't want to be the one to find Michelle, because he really wasn't the one to actually kill her???....uuuhhh, i don't know....seems since the murder happened sometime in the wee hours of the morning, surely he knew that Cassidy had been there for a LONG time by herself.....i know i read an article that stated that Meredith got a call on the morning of the 3rd from JY....it stated "morning".....it could be that JY DID call her early that morning, but Meredith wasn't able to get over ASAP....heck, we know Meredith thought Michelle was at work...she said that on the 911 call, so it's possible JY called her much earlier, & 1:30 was the soonest she could get there to the house.....

i think JY wanted Michelle's body found while he was out of town/on the road...in his mind this would help with an alibi.....JMO

Well, since we've learned from JY's supposed friends she had a doctor's appointment in the a.m., we know she had to take Cassidy to preschool, AND Michelle had to work that day, yet no one had missed her. He, reportedly from his supposed friends, tried her cell twice during the day, it went to voice mail, so it was off and no one else had picked it up.

So, IF he did this, he may have thought someone would have missed her between the three planned destinations for the day and may have rung the 'alarm' bell thus discovering Michelle. When this did NOT happen, he MAY have then come up with the FAX story.

IF there was no FAX, and seeing how it became blown up by the media and everyone else looking into the case, he had to come up with another story, thus the 'print out' story.

A FAX=FAX, Printout=Printout..........not the same thing........Course, now that I'm hearing people are questioning the 'printout' story, I believe it's being put out that Jason wanted other's opinions of if this would be what she wanted.

IF this is true as coming from 'friends' and not trolls trying to create a story here, it's not going to wash.

FWIW, it just occurred to me, all of these 'supposed friends' of JY's running around the internet with EXPLANATIONS for the husband. Kind of reminds me of what I learned during the SP case.

:waitasec: The perp quite often answers questions before they're asked.

Something for whoever is posting on JY's behalf to think about. :rolleyes:

JMHO
fran

Boyz_Mum said:
Since we haven't heard any proof that a fax/printout really exists, it's hard to confirm anything. One of my first questions would be at what time did JY call Meredith to retrieve the fax? He could have called her in the morning but she could have been delayed until the time in the afternoon when she called 911? The only other question I have regarding a fax or printout is that I "assume" that JY would carry a laptop as part of his salesjob?

This fax/printout was the first thing that seemed odd. (IMO)

yes...that's a good question...i had read an article that stated Meredith got the call to go over to the house, in the "morning"....course that could mean as late as 11 am or so....it's very possible that Meredith didn't RUSH over to the house as soon as JY called her....she was under the impression that Michelle was at work, so that wouldn't be strange to wait, if she had other things to do first.....

i also think JY would have a laptop....

One thing I don't understand. If he didn't want his wife to see the fax, why did he wait until later in the A.M. to call the sister-in-law. By the time he called her the wife would have been up, maybe checked the computer and fax, got ready for work, got the child off to daycare and went to the doctor. I know I always sit down with a cup of coffee and check my emails, etc. before I get ready for the day and go to work. Her chances of already seeing the fax were pretty good - no surprise left IMO.

fran said:
I don't think Melinda would make a mistake between computer print out and fax. Either the friends aren't friends and just trolls letting out misinformation, or there was no fax and Jason thought of a print out he had laying around to complete the lie (when the fax thing became a big deal).

JMHO
fran

i don't think Meredith made a mistake either...i think she was TOLD to go pick up a "fax"...the Sheriff verified that story, with Greta already....

i also agree with your other theory (in bold letters)....i think it's very possible that there was SOME kind of paperwork/an earlier faxed document etc .... & he used it to get Meredith over to the house....

fundiva said:
One thing I don't understand. If he didn't want his wife to see the fax, why did he wait until later in the A.M. to call the sister-in-law. By the time he called her the wife would have been up, maybe checked the computer and fax, got ready for work, got the child off to daycare and went to the doctor. I know I always sit down with a cup of coffee and check my emails, etc. before I get ready for the day and go to work. Her chances of already seeing the fax were pretty good - no surprise left IMO.

good question...that's why i believe the "fax" was just a ruse to get Meredith over to the house, to find Michelle's body, whether there was really a fax or not....

close_enough said:
which makes me wonder.....wonder why JY (IF he did this) didn't want to be the one to find her body????.....course it could also be that he was worried about Cassidy???.....hmmm, now i'm thinking.....

what if he didn't want to be the one to find Michelle, because he really wasn't the one to actually kill her???....uuuhhh, i don't know....seems since the murder happened sometime in the wee hours of the morning, surely he knew that Cassidy had been there for a LONG time by herself.....

I'm not sure if anyone has even thought of this... and it might be
a crazy thought.. but I was thinking that maybe JY took Cassidy with him
after he (IF he did) kill Michelle.

If the motel was so close by... he could have killed Michelle and then taken
Cassidy with him and then brought her back for only a little while so that she wasn't there for all that long with her mommy.

Just a thought. But my guess would be that he didn't do much sleeping that
night and if the motel was close... it is possible.

fundiva said:

Very good point, fundiva! The possibility exists JY received a call 'out of the blue' from the sender to state : we've just sent you a fax. But then again, of the many there may be clean cut versions to - this fax issue doesn't make sense. It's a waiting game, lol!

harleysnana said:

Cassidy with him and then brought her back for only a little while so that she wasn't there for all that long with her mommy.

hmmmm, it would surprise me if this were the case, but hey....you never know??

harleysnana said:

IMO, Cassidy would be able to convey that to the investigators.

As much as I wish it weren't true, I think Cassie spent those hours alone with her mother's body.

My "criminal" mind working again. Going back to my theory of checking into a motel in VA and returning to kill her, then back again, undedected he hopes. That is if all went as he carefully planned.

Now for the next part. He visits a store or even calls one from where he is and requests a fax describing the item. Perhaps Michelle had at one time found it on the internet and showed it to him. He asks them to fax it to his number. He knows Michelle is dead, so he needs to have the body discovered. He doesn't want to alert any one in authority, so calls her sister, who has a key and was able to go over to the house. He knows his little girl is there and his sister-in-law is the perfect person to discover the death.

My questions:

1. Since my printer only prints, copies and scans, how does the one with the fax included work? When you receive one does it automatically print?

2. If it was a fax, and LE is in possession of it, then there may be a time stamp if the fax were set up properly. Could this give his "location" at that given time? Would he be out of his meeting and not yet on his way to Brevard?

If he's plotted and planned, then he knew Michelle wasn't going to work that day. So no day care would be alerted and work wouldn't be calling. The doctor's appointment time is the only thing missing here. Anyone know when it was scheduled?

BarnGoddess said:
My "criminal" mind working again. Going back to my theory of checking into a motel in VA and returning to kill her, then back again, undedected he hopes. That is if all went as he carefully planned.

Now for the next part. He visits a store or even calls one from where he is and requests a fax describing the item. Perhaps Michelle had at one time found it on the internet and showed it to him. He asks them to fax it to his number. He knows Michelle is dead, so he needs to have the body discovered. He doesn't want to alert any one in authority, so calls her sister, who has a key and was able to go over to the house. He knows his little girl is there and his sister-in-law is the perfect person to discover the death.

My questions:

1. Since my printer only prints, copies and scans, how does the one with the fax included work? When you receive one does it automatically print?

2. If it was a fax, and LE is in possession of it, then there may be a time stamp if the fax were set up properly. Could this give his "location" at that given time? Would he be out of his meeting and not yet on his way to Brevard?

If he's plotted and planned, then he knew Michelle wasn't going to work that day. So no day care would be alerted and work wouldn't be calling. The doctor's appointment time is the only thing missing here. Anyone know when it was scheduled?

I'm sure I read a comment by one of her co-workers that she was scheduled to work that day but when she didn't show up they didn't think that much of it, just that she'd decided to take the day off. I think they were pretty liberal on their days off. Her Drs. appointment may have been early and she would have just been late to work.

The FAX will have a phone number and time etc it was faxed. SO, the question is, when did he order the FAX? IF he ordered it that day, that's suspicious, IMHO.

JMHO
fran

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members