the 911 call

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks close enough for the link. I could hear it a little clearer. Can anybody make out what Cassity says when asked if anybody has been to the house?

Hey close. I agree with you... Meredith came across anguished at first - but really held it together. I think the 911-op and Cassie helped her deal with the call. Don't think this is the full call in its entirety! Cassie's sweet little voice is heart-breaking - especially when she asks meredith for a washcloth ...

I agree, Meredith handled this very well. You never know how you will react until you are in the situation. The only thing I can relate this to is when I found my Mom dead (later to find out it was suicide), it never dawned on me to call 911, my brother, etc. It took my boyfriend at the time to rattle me to do something besides run around screaming.

I've listened to the call several times today. Merideth does not sound how I think that I would sound, but I realize that you never really know until you are in that situation.

I do think she handled it well and was trying to stay strong for Cassie. I am sure that the investigators are seperating the voices and trying to focus on what Cassie is saying. I hope they can decipher all of it, as it could be very important!

Masissy said:
I agree, Meredith handled this very well. You never know how you will react until you are in the situation. The only thing I can relate this to is when I found my Mom dead (later to find out it was suicide), it never dawned on me to call 911, my brother, etc. It took my boyfriend at the time to rattle me to do something besides run around screaming.

Oh Masissy :blowkiss: sorry you experienced such a heartbreaking, traumatic and unexpected discovery. Just as many say "we all grieve differently", so our immediate reaction to discovering something so shocking differs. I think Meredith may have reacted quite differently, had it not been for little Cassie.

Another reason why I don't think Meredith 'ran' is because if there was anyone in the house, it's unlikely Cassie would have been 'trotting along, speaking articulately and unstressed'. If Meredith had seen Michelle's car, I doubt she'd have thought there was a problem other than: "Ooops, maybe Michelle has seen the fax???".

Perhaps the carnage was only upstairs? (Bloody footprints and 'this place doesn't look like it normally does...'). We just don't know, do we...?

packerdog said:
Thanks close enough for the link. I could hear it a little clearer. Can anybody make out what Cassity says when asked if anybody has been to the house?

you're welcome packer...i have to head out in a few minutes, but when i get back later this evening, i'll settle in & listen again...see if i can help ya out:)

PolkSaladAnnie said:
Hey close. I agree with you... Meredith came across anguished at first - but really held it together. I think the 911-op and Cassie helped her deal with the call. Don't think this is the full call in its entirety! Cassie's sweet little voice is heart-breaking - especially when she asks meredith for a washcloth ...

Can someone please tell me where in the 911 tape Cassie is heard to ask for a washcloth? I can here the possible "Daddy did it" near the end but have not heard the washcloth request and have no idea where in the tape it occurs. Thanks!

Hi Cypros,

it is immediately before Meredith asks her if she knows what happened to mommy and did she fall.

What Cassidy said in that section, I've been able to amplify...I am currently working on amplifications within the 911 call as opposed to separating the snippets out.

"Unnee (Aunty) Meme? (I'm assuming her name for Meredith), there's blood, can you see my...can you get a washcloth into me"

Masissy said:

Masissy - I'm sorry to hear that you lost your mother and had to find her this way.:( I can only imagine how distressed you would be.

I believe that between the 911 operator and Cassidy that Meredith held it together to protect Cassidy from becoming fearful.

We all do react differently. A few years ago I took a CPR course and First Aid and I always wondered what would happen if I actually had to deal with an emergency. Since I took the courses so long ago I was wondering if I'd remember anything.

This past spring I was the first to arrive on a scene of an accident where a speeding car hit another car driven by an elderly man. The man was dazed and walking around in circle as I pulled up. I immediately took charge - got someone to phone 911, got a blanket for the man, sat him down, got him some water from someone else and took his pulse. I was amazed at how I reacted and remembered everything. It wasn't until after the paramedics arrived that I started shaking.

I agree with the consensus here. I know on another thread people were questioning why Mer didn't pick up Cassie and run for it. I don't know that I would have done that if I found my sister dead, I just don't know what I would have done. I sure would have tried to stay calm so as not to upset the baby (Cassie), it's really hard to say because thank God I have never been in the situation Mer was in that day. I hope she will be able to recover from the trauma...

Samiya said:
Hi Cypros,

it is immediately before Meredith asks her if she knows what happened to mommy and did she fall.

What Cassidy said in that section, I've been able to amplify...I am currently working on amplifications within the 911 call as opposed to separating the snippets out.

"Unnee (Aunty) Meme? (I'm assuming her name for Meredith), there's blood, can you see my...can you get a washcloth into me"

Thank you, Samiya. I just listened to it again and I was able to hear little Cassie ask for a washcloth quite clearly once I knew which part of the tape to listen for it. Poor sweet little thing.

I have read about the enhanced tapes but did not get a chance to listen to an example.

packerdog said:

packer...i listened to the tape again, & near the end is where Meredith asks Cassidy if anyone had been in the house....i can NOT make out what Cassidy says:(

close_enough said:
packer...i listened to the tape again, & near the end is where Meredith asks Cassidy if anyone had been in the house....i can NOT make out what Cassidy says:(

Hi close!!! I think the tape is spliced at the very end - just before they switch to Sheriff. What I DO hear that's been cut off ... is Meredith saying:

"I am here with/...."

Was she going to say a colleague?
A relative?

The 911-op already knew she was with Cassie...

(Just a thought, lol...)

:blowkisss:

PolkSaladAnnie said:
Hi close!!! I think the tape is spliced at the very end - just before they switch to Sheriff. What I DO hear that's been cut off ... is Meredith saying:

"I am here with/...."

Was she going to say a colleague?
A relative?

The 911-op already knew she was with Cassie...

(Just a thought, lol...)

:blowkisss:

had to go back & listen to the ending again...lol

the 911 dispatcher told the Sheriff's dept that (Meredith's) "she's with her sister"....i think what Meredith was in the process of saying to the Sheriff's dept was "i'm also with" my sister's daughter.....the 911 dispatcher made it sound like Meredith was there with just her sister, & i THINK Meredith was going to try to clear that up with the Sheriff's deputy by saying she was also w/her sister's daughter.....that's how i understood it....

gosh...i see there's nothing new ......

AHHHH. OK. Makes sense, thanks.

Well, I'm outta here, lol Talk soon and have a great evening everyone!

Another 24 Hours ... Where's Keifer?? ... :)

'Night close ...

PolkSaladAnnie said:
AHHHH. OK. Makes sense, thanks.

Well, I'm outta here, lol Talk soon and have a great evening everyone!

Another 24 Hours ... Where's Keifer?? ... :)

'Night close ...

night Polk :blowkiss:

i'm tired myself...bowling match today, & they have another one tomorrow .....oh, & my son's team won :dance:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member