1127 users online (276 members and 851 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,807

    Patsy's and John's Bed

    I just read this on another site:

    "The crime scene photos taken that morning show the master bedroom. The bed does not look slept in. One pillow looks crumpled, but the bed covers are flat and neat. Both housekeepers stated that PR did no housework other than to change JBR's sheets and PR never once stated that she made up the bed when she woke up."

    Has this been discussed? Because this is extremely incriminating. Does anyone have a picture of the bedroom that morning? Because if the bed is made, then no one slept in it, because I KNOW THAT PATSY AND JOHN DID NOT MAKE THAT BED THAT MORNING.

    Help me out here, please.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,399
    Wish I could link in the picture, Solace, but here you go:

    http://www.acandyrose.com/047parentsbedroom.jpg


    I assume that picture was taken on 12/26. It looks to me like the bed is relatively made and hasn't been slept in.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,807
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuisanceposter
    Wish I could link in the picture, Solace, but here you go:

    http://www.acandyrose.com/047parentsbedroom.jpg


    I assume that picture was taken on 12/26. It looks to me like the bed is relatively made and hasn't been slept in.
    Thank you NP. But the bed is unmade.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,391
    Quote Originally Posted by Solace
    Thank you NP. But the bed is unmade.
    At best the comforter is thrown back. Pillows on top of blanket? What about sheets?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,399
    Yeah, I said "relatively" for a reason.

    I don't make my bed on a daily basis, and would consider a bed in that state to be more made than unmade. It doesn't look like the covers are in the position I'd expect them to be in after two people had slept in the bed all night and hadn't made it before finding a ransom note.

    You can see what looks to me like two pillows on the floor at the foot of the bed, on the right side of the picture, behind the back of the chair. I assume these are the display pillows that sit on top of the bed while it is made. I would think if the bed had been made, the comforter would be straightened and those pillows would be at the head.

    I'd like to see what state the sheets are in as well.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    484
    Patsy implied that because one cloth tie was out of place over the headboard of JonBenet's bed, and because a ruffle at the bottom of John Andrew's bed was out of place by an inch or two, it must have been the work of an intruder, because in their household, things which are inconsistent with other nearby things are therefore wrong. And yet one side of the parental bed's blanket is still thoroughly tucked in at the bottom, while the other side of the same blanket is not only loose, it is thrown completely off its side of the bed. By the standards of the family, this should count as an inconsistency, and therefore a sign of something amiss. Yet it is not considered so by the family. Why is this? Why is this inconsistency allowed to stand, while so many others are not?

    (In a parental-guilt scenario, it would be because there is an advantage in claiming that a side of the bed which does not look slept in was, in fact, slept in. In the real world, does anyone here have experience in one spouse leaving their side of the bed in the morning with the bed looking as if it has not been slept in, including tightly-tucked blanket, or is it more common in the majority experience to find that the bed is pretty evenly mussed-up by both spouses when they arise and then do not immediately make the bed before getting dressed?)

    (Personal weighing-in on the subject: It is impossible for the inhabitants of this house to share a bed, and yet leave one side looking vastly different in terms of blanket arrangements than the other side looks.)
    "That is my theory, it is mine, and belongs to me and I own it, and what it is too." -- Anne Elk

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    32
    I do not think the bed was slept in. It appears, for the most part, to be made.

    I believe the parents stayed up all night (Patsy wearing the same clothes as from the night before, hello!) staging the crime scene and going over all the angles to escape detection. It's pretty obvious.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    3,642
    The bottom corner of the bedspread is turned up. That, to me, is not a bed that has been slept in.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,807
    Quote Originally Posted by why_nutt
    Patsy implied that because one cloth tie was out of place over the headboard of JonBenet's bed, and because a ruffle at the bottom of John Andrew's bed was out of place by an inch or two, it must have been the work of an intruder, because in their household, things which are inconsistent with other nearby things are therefore wrong. And yet one side of the parental bed's blanket is still thoroughly tucked in at the bottom, while the other side of the same blanket is not only loose, it is thrown completely off its side of the bed. By the standards of the family, this should count as an inconsistency, and therefore a sign of something amiss. Yet it is not considered so by the family. Why is this? Why is this inconsistency allowed to stand, while so many others are not?

    (In a parental-guilt scenario, it would be because there is an advantage in claiming that a side of the bed which does not look slept in was, in fact, slept in. In the real world, does anyone here have experience in one spouse leaving their side of the bed in the morning with the bed looking as if it has not been slept in, including tightly-tucked blanket, or is it more common in the majority experience to find that the bed is pretty evenly mussed-up by both spouses when they arise and then do not immediately make the bed before getting dressed?)

    (Personal weighing-in on the subject: It is impossible for the inhabitants of this house to share a bed, and yet leave one side looking vastly different in terms of blanket arrangements than the other side looks.)
    But you cannot tell from this picture. It is just an end picture. We really need to see it from all sides. Are there any more photos. Don't tell me they just took this one.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,391
    Quote Originally Posted by Solace
    But you cannot tell from this picture. It is just an end picture. We really need to see it from all sides. Are there any more photos. Don't tell me they just took this one.
    Do you sleep on top of the blanket or do you sleep on on top of the bottom sheet with your top sheet over you? lets not stretch credibility. A bed freshly slept in does not look like that bed.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    australia
    Posts
    213
    The bed looks more to me like somone who has napped, as the bed isnt completly messed up as it would be after two people sleeping a night in it. If u were to take a nap you would most likely take off the decorating pillows and chuck them on the floor as shown and then lie down on the blue blanket.

    Why is the lower left hand corner of the blue blanker pulled up like that. odd

    Maybe one of the rams was alseep and the other ram came up and tried to wake them and then pulled the blankets off thier fleet in order to rouse them.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    24,082
    Quote Originally Posted by coloradokares
    Do you sleep on top of the blanket or do you sleep on on top of the bottom sheet with your top sheet over you? lets not stretch credibility. A bed freshly slept in does not look like that bed.
    I agree, there are no rumples on the bottom sheets or pillow cases whatsoever.
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

    Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

    Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

    I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

    JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie


  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,384
    The blue blanket does not look slept on nor does the pillow above that side. The comforter area looks like someone sat up and got out of bed and the pillow above it looks a little mashed down. One side of the comforter looks like someone has turned it down. My ex used to turn down my side of the bed for me when he went to bed early.

    Could one of the Ramseys been sleeping and the other up? Whoever that side was turned down for never came to bed?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Detroit 'Burb
    Posts
    2,832

    Someone Makes Your Bed For You?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuisanceposter
    Yeah, I said "relatively" for a reason............

    I don't make my bed on a daily basis, and would consider a bed in that state to be more made than unmade.
    I'm going to frankly blurt out that to me their bedroom looks awfully junky, for such an expensive house, plain tacky, and that to me the bed isn't made.

    They could have had a clean- looking new house built for the same amount with the number of bedrooms they wanted in the original plan, which would not look so awkwardly added, and with the children on the same or an upper floor.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,807
    Quote Originally Posted by Becba
    The blue blanket does not look slept on nor does the pillow above that side. The comforter area looks like someone sat up and got out of bed and the pillow above it looks a little mashed down. One side of the comforter looks like someone has turned it down. My ex used to turn down my side of the bed for me when he went to bed early.

    Could one of the Ramseys been sleeping and the other up? Whoever that side was turned down for never came to bed?
    Becba: I agree with you. One side of the bed does not look slept in at all. Patsy's side?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Could John have sacrificed JonBenet instead of Patsy?
    By Shanny in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-21-2010, 12:18 PM
  2. John and Patsy's thoughts
    By icedtea4me in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 12-11-2008, 08:06 PM
  3. Videos of Patsy and John
    By Solace in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 10-11-2008, 08:42 AM
  4. Patsy, John, and the 2 Intruders
    By Shanny in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-05-2006, 03:16 PM
  5. if john and patsy.....
    By michelle in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 09-29-2005, 12:56 PM