Patsy's and John's Bed

Solace

Reaction score
I just read this on another site:

"The crime scene photos taken that morning show the master bedroom. The bed does not look slept in. One pillow looks crumpled, but the bed covers are flat and neat. Both housekeepers stated that PR did no housework other than to change JBR's sheets and PR never once stated that she made up the bed when she woke up."

Has this been discussed? Because this is extremely incriminating. Does anyone have a picture of the bedroom that morning? Because if the bed is made, then no one slept in it, because I KNOW THAT PATSY AND JOHN DID NOT MAKE THAT BED THAT MORNING.

Help me out here, please.:D

Yeah, I said "relatively" for a reason.

I don't make my bed on a daily basis, and would consider a bed in that state to be more made than unmade. It doesn't look like the covers are in the position I'd expect them to be in after two people had slept in the bed all night and hadn't made it before finding a ransom note.

You can see what looks to me like two pillows on the floor at the foot of the bed, on the right side of the picture, behind the back of the chair. I assume these are the display pillows that sit on top of the bed while it is made. I would think if the bed had been made, the comforter would be straightened and those pillows would be at the head.

I'd like to see what state the sheets are in as well.

Patsy implied that because one cloth tie was out of place over the headboard of JonBenet's bed, and because a ruffle at the bottom of John Andrew's bed was out of place by an inch or two, it must have been the work of an intruder, because in their household, things which are inconsistent with other nearby things are therefore wrong. And yet one side of the parental bed's blanket is still thoroughly tucked in at the bottom, while the other side of the same blanket is not only loose, it is thrown completely off its side of the bed. By the standards of the family, this should count as an inconsistency, and therefore a sign of something amiss. Yet it is not considered so by the family. Why is this? Why is this inconsistency allowed to stand, while so many others are not?

(In a parental-guilt scenario, it would be because there is an advantage in claiming that a side of the bed which does not look slept in was, in fact, slept in. In the real world, does anyone here have experience in one spouse leaving their side of the bed in the morning with the bed looking as if it has not been slept in, including tightly-tucked blanket, or is it more common in the majority experience to find that the bed is pretty evenly mussed-up by both spouses when they arise and then do not immediately make the bed before getting dressed?)

(Personal weighing-in on the subject: It is impossible for the inhabitants of this house to share a bed, and yet leave one side looking vastly different in terms of blanket arrangements than the other side looks.)

I do not think the bed was slept in. It appears, for the most part, to be made.

I believe the parents stayed up all night (Patsy wearing the same clothes as from the night before, hello!) staging the crime scene and going over all the angles to escape detection. It's pretty obvious. :rolleyes:

The bottom corner of the bedspread is turned up. That, to me, is not a bed that has been slept in.

why_nutt said:
Patsy implied that because one cloth tie was out of place over the headboard of JonBenet's bed, and because a ruffle at the bottom of John Andrew's bed was out of place by an inch or two, it must have been the work of an intruder, because in their household, things which are inconsistent with other nearby things are therefore wrong. And yet one side of the parental bed's blanket is still thoroughly tucked in at the bottom, while the other side of the same blanket is not only loose, it is thrown completely off its side of the bed. By the standards of the family, this should count as an inconsistency, and therefore a sign of something amiss. Yet it is not considered so by the family. Why is this? Why is this inconsistency allowed to stand, while so many others are not?

(In a parental-guilt scenario, it would be because there is an advantage in claiming that a side of the bed which does not look slept in was, in fact, slept in. In the real world, does anyone here have experience in one spouse leaving their side of the bed in the morning with the bed looking as if it has not been slept in, including tightly-tucked blanket, or is it more common in the majority experience to find that the bed is pretty evenly mussed-up by both spouses when they arise and then do not immediately make the bed before getting dressed?)

(Personal weighing-in on the subject: It is impossible for the inhabitants of this house to share a bed, and yet leave one side looking vastly different in terms of blanket arrangements than the other side looks.)
But you cannot tell from this picture. It is just an end picture. We really need to see it from all sides. Are there any more photos. Don't tell me they just took this one.

Solace said:
But you cannot tell from this picture. It is just an end picture. We really need to see it from all sides. Are there any more photos. Don't tell me they just took this one.
Do you sleep on top of the blanket or do you sleep on on top of the bottom sheet with your top sheet over you? lets not stretch credibility. A bed freshly slept in does not look like that bed.

The bed looks more to me like somone who has napped, as the bed isnt completly messed up as it would be after two people sleeping a night in it. If u were to take a nap you would most likely take off the decorating pillows and chuck them on the floor as shown and then lie down on the blue blanket.

Why is the lower left hand corner of the blue blanker pulled up like that. odd

Maybe one of the rams was alseep and the other ram came up and tried to wake them and then pulled the blankets off thier fleet in order to rouse them.

coloradokares said:
Do you sleep on top of the blanket or do you sleep on on top of the bottom sheet with your top sheet over you? lets not stretch credibility. A bed freshly slept in does not look like that bed.
I agree, there are no rumples on the bottom sheets or pillow cases whatsoever.

The blue blanket does not look slept on nor does the pillow above that side. The comforter area looks like someone sat up and got out of bed and the pillow above it looks a little mashed down. One side of the comforter looks like someone has turned it down. My ex used to turn down my side of the bed for me when he went to bed early.

Could one of the Ramseys been sleeping and the other up? Whoever that side was turned down for never came to bed?

Nuisanceposter said:
Yeah, I said "relatively" for a reason............

I don't make my bed on a daily basis, and would consider a bed in that state to be more made than unmade.

I'm going to frankly blurt out that to me their bedroom looks awfully junky, for such an expensive house, plain tacky, and that to me the bed isn't made.

They could have had a clean- looking new house built for the same amount with the number of bedrooms they wanted in the original plan, which would not look so awkwardly added, and with the children on the same or an upper floor.

Becba said:
The blue blanket does not look slept on nor does the pillow above that side. The comforter area looks like someone sat up and got out of bed and the pillow above it looks a little mashed down. One side of the comforter looks like someone has turned it down. My ex used to turn down my side of the bed for me when he went to bed early.

Could one of the Ramseys been sleeping and the other up? Whoever that side was turned down for never came to bed?
Becba: I agree with you. One side of the bed does not look slept in at all. Patsy's side?

This picture is in the NE book, as well. I cannot tell from the stupid angle what the top half of the bed looks like.

What has always seemed odd to me about this picture is the apparent two comforters. A blue one with some kind of attached ruffle, under a beige one, with an attatched ruffle. Now, really, who puts two of those on a bed? I usually put the sheet, followed by a plain blanket or two(depending on season) then comforter/top bedspread. Maybe I am the odd one, but does anyone else normally make their bed with two bedspreads like that?

Eagle1 said:
I'm going to frankly blurt out that to me their bedroom looks awfully junky, for such an expensive house, plain tacky, and that to me the bed isn't made.

Someone had really cheesy decorating taste, for real. To me, the bed looks half made, or it could be the blue bedspread is all pulled up, and the beige one has been neatly turned down, or placed there for some odd reason or another.

Eagle1 said:

They could have had a clean- looking new house built for the same amount with the number of bedrooms they wanted in the original plan, which would not look so awkwardly added, and with the children on the same or an upper floor.
Its the prestige of the area... Boulderites love it.... Older homes but character just exudes from the neighborhood.

I can't understand how it looks like nobody slept in the bed. For one, it's not a good enough picture to determine conclusively. However, I think the bed DOES look like it was slept in. That bed isn't made---that bed is FAR from being a made bed.

Someone posted that it is impossible for two people who sleep in the same bed to have each side of the bed look totally different. WRONG! Never say impossible.....I sleep with my hubby & our sides of the bed look TOTALLY DIFFERENT, almost the Ramsey's bed, and here's why....

We make the bed everyday. Standard sheet set, and a blanket/comforter on top. A blanket also gets folded and placed at the bottom of the bed. My hubby sleeps under the top sheet and blanket/comforter. I sleep ON TOP of the top sheet, ON TOP of the blanket/comforter, and simply use the blanket that is folded on the bottom of the bed to cover myself with. So, 2 people sleeping together & each side of the bed looks vastly different from each other after a night of snoozing...

julianne said:
I can't understand how it looks like nobody slept in the bed. For one, it's not a good enough picture to determine conclusively. However, I think the bed DOES look like it was slept in. That bed isn't made---that bed is FAR from being a made bed.

Someone posted that it is impossible for two people who sleep in the same bed to have each side of the bed look totally different. WRONG! Never say impossible.....I sleep with my hubby & our sides of the bed look TOTALLY DIFFERENT, almost the Ramsey's bed, and here's why....

We make the bed everyday. Standard sheet set, and a blanket/comforter on top. A blanket also gets folded and placed at the bottom of the bed. My hubby sleeps under the top sheet and blanket/comforter. I sleep ON TOP of the top sheet, ON TOP of the blanket/comforter, and simply use the blanket that is folded on the bottom of the bed to cover myself with. So, 2 people sleeping together & each side of the bed looks vastly different from each other after a night of snoozing...
Julianne, I agree with you. Also, there have to be more pictures of the bed in order to say for sure. You can't tell. Also, from the picture, the blue covering on the right looks like it might be the comforter and the beige on the left looks like it might be the bedspread.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back