Was Michelle schedule to work on 11/3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jodibug

Reaction score
I have seen this question asked a few times, and also have seen it mentioned that she occasionally takes off on Friday's.

Yet Merideth thought she would be at work that day.

IMO, she was probably expected at work sometime after her doctor's appointment. This would explain why her boss/co-workers didn't miss her right away. Perhaps they thought she had just gotten held up at the doctor's office. Any time I have an appointment at or before 10am, I just sleep in and go to office after I'm done.

Jodibug said:
I have seen this question asked a few times, and also have seen it mentioned that she occasionally takes off on Friday's.

Yet Merideth thought she would be at work that day.

IMO, she was probably expected at work sometime after her doctor's appointment. This would explain why her boss/co-workers didn't miss her right away. Perhaps they thought she had just gotten held up at the doctor's office. Any time I have an appointment at or before 10am, I just sleep in and go to office after I'm done.
very good observation--- great possibility--- then again- there could have been calls from the office looking for her at home, or on her cell--- but we dont have ANY facts from LE yet--

Hiya j2m and jodibug! :) This is the big "THING!". We hear flexi-Fridays, every Friday, alternative Fridays ... My GUESS ... is that if Michelle had a Dr appointment, she'd have more likely made this appnt to tie in with her day off. Meredith thought she was at work (on the 911 tape).

Did Meredith just assume as much?
Did JY advise Meredith that MY would be at work when he asked her to collect the fax?

The silence ... Ack!

PolkSaladAnnie said:
Did JY advise Meredith that MY would be at work when he asked her to collect the fax?

If he did tell her this and it was really her day off then he had to know that Meredith would find out eventually. Now this would certainly give him cause to clam up with LE.

ETA All her friends would know what she was supposed to be doing on Friday that's for sure.

jilly said:
If he did tell her this and it was really her day off then he had to know that Meredith would find out eventually. Now this would certainly give him cause to clam up with LE.
ETA All her friends would know what she was supposed to be doing on Friday that's for sure.

a big YEP!....Meredith says "she shouldn't be here...she should be at work, like"

i'd be willin to bet that the sentence would have ended in "like her husband told me", had the dispatcher not started talking again....

jilly said:

Now this is precisely one of the reasons I feel JY is a serious POI in my mind. His alibi is so well-covered - but (if guilty) one of the mistakes he made may just have been his call to Meredith. He'd have been better off "none the wiser". If he selected the latter, then that challenges his consideration shown when he made that 11 pm call. Why not follow up?

IF he called the following day - we have to assume he knew his wife's schedule and no reply must have prompted concern. So, if he'd called Meredith and said "Please go and check on Michelle, I am not getting a reply and she was supposed to be as the Doctor..." that would be more realistic, surely?

Better still: why did he not call the Dr HIMSELF to see if Michelle kept her appnt as he was hgetting not reply?

To say: Well, he was on a business trip ... ? Well, that clashes with his detailing faxes and surprise gifts that he had time to sort out on his trip.

:confused:

I've mentioned this on other posts and I've tried to locate the source of this information. But I'm almost positive it was from a news paper article where there was an interview with one of Michelle's co-workers. IIRC, she said Michelle was scheduled to work that day, but when she didn't show up, they didn't think that much of it, just that she'd decided to take the day off. Something like their days off were pretty flexible.

Eventhough it was information from anonymous 'friends' of JY, the explanation of her possibly being at the dr's when he first tried to call, which would explain why her cell was off in the morning, and possibly a meeting at work later in the day, which would explain her cell being off then, sounds plausible to me. I think him not being alarmed at that point would make sense.

On the other hand, as she was pregnant and had already lost one baby, I would be a little suspicious if after he couldn't contact her by cell, that he didn't try the home phone to be sure she hadn't gone home rather than work. I mean, if she was at home, there wouldn't be a reason to call Meredith to pick up the FAX.

He not being concerned at this point really isn't a red flag to me. After all, according to his 'friends,' he'd talked to her the night before and all seemed well. No reason up to that point to be alarmed.

JMHO
fran

fran said:
I've mentioned this on other posts and I've tried to locate the source of this information. But I'm almost positive it was from a news paper article where there was an interview with one of Michelle's co-workers. IIRC, she said Michelle was scheduled to work that day, but when she didn't show up, they didn't think that much of it, just that she'd decided to take the day off. Something like their days off were pretty flexible.
Eventhough it was information from anonymous 'friends' of JY, the explanation of her possibly being at the dr's when he first tried to call, which would explain why her cell was off in the morning, and possibly a meeting at work later in the day, which would explain her cell being off then, sounds plausible to me. I think him not being alarmed at that point would make sense.

On the other hand, as she was pregnant and had already lost one baby, I would be a little suspicious if after he couldn't contact her by cell, that he didn't try the home phone to be sure she hadn't gone home rather than work. I mean, if she was at home, there wouldn't be a reason to call Meredith to pick up the FAX.

He not being concerned at this point really isn't a red flag to me. After all, according to his 'friends,' he'd talked to her the night before and all seemed well. No reason up to that point to be alarmed.

JMHO
fran

i don't remember reading anything about this from a co-worker, but i DO think it's possible that this particular Friday, Michelle had a dr's appt & maybe WAS going to go to work for a few hours...."flex hours".....i don't think flex hours means "IN STONE" that she was off every single Friday.....JY would have a good idea of which Fridays she would be off, but i wouldn't be surprised if Meredith didn't know....

PolkSaladAnnie said:
Hiya j2m and jodibug! :) This is the big "THING!". We hear flexi-Fridays, every Friday, alternative Fridays ... My GUESS ... is that if Michelle had a Dr appointment, she'd have more likely made this appnt to tie in with her day off. Meredith thought she was at work (on the 911 tape).

Did Meredith just assume as much?

The silence ... Ack!

right Polk...."flex Fridays" doesn't really tell us much of anything...Friday's were flexible for Michelle....

btw ... good morning:)

Even on flex hours, if an employee doesn't show up at work you'd think they'd be at least a bit concerned that she didn't ring so they could organise a replacement for her or to organise one of the other ladies to handle her work for the day.

If I was due to work even a few hours and didn't show up and didn't ring, you can bet that my boss would be just a bit furious that I didn't ring him so he could get someone else in to replace me. He'd ring my house to find out why I'm not there and why I didn't ring.

Samiya said:
Even on flex hours, if an employee doesn't show up at work you'd think they'd be at least a bit concerned that she didn't ring so they could organise a replacement for her or to organise one of the other ladies to handle her work for the day.

If I was due to work even a few hours and didn't show up and didn't ring, you can bet that my boss would be just a bit furious that I didn't ring him so he could get someone else in to replace me. He'd ring my house to find out why I'm not there and why I didn't ring.

good point...you can bet that Michelle's place of employment knows if she was suppose to be at work that day or not....we'll find out soon ....

jilly said:

Indeed, jilly, regarding your ETA afterthought. Michelle had friends over - and although they may not have focused on detail, they'd have had a broad understanding of what MY was up to. Just last night we had a gang over and when saying our goodbyes, the farewell comments ranged: "See you tomorrow - What you up to tomorrow - Enjoy the Rugby tomorrow - Give me a call in the morning - I'm free all day ... etc".

Is it safe to deduce Meredith was not part of the G Anatomy following and therefore may not have been able to assist police with the exact names of people she knew were at MY's TV gathering? Could that be why JY selected Meredith out of all MY's close and inner 'circle'?

Because, had he chosen one of those guests, they may have turned to him and said: But you know she's not at work today, Jason... bla bla bla..."

JUST a thought, lol!

close_enough said:
good point...you can bet that Michelle's place of employment knows if she was suppose to be at work that day or not....we'll find out soon ....

Hi close! Seems ages since we interacted and also seem like forever with all the reading up in just 2 days ... lordie! Now I know how others felt...

Yeppers... MY's work know the answer to the above. They must have been in absolute shock and probably miss her v much :(

I'll bet JY knew if she was going to work that day.

I've always wondered why he waited so long to call Meredith, when Cassidy was in the house with her dead Mother.

Perhaps he thought the people from work would call her, and become alarmed when there was no answer, and send someone to the house to check on her. Maybe that's why he didn't call Meredith until the afternoon. I am sure the people at her workplace had a number where he could be reached in case of an emergency, and I bet he expected a call from one of her co-workers to tell him that they had found her body earlier in the day. It didn't happen, so he called Meredith.

Darlene733510 said:

I've always wondered why he waited so long to call Meredith, when Cassidy was in the house with her dead Mother.

Perhaps he thought the people from work would call her, and become alarmed when there was no answer, and send someone to the house to check on her. Maybe that's why he didn't call Meredith until the afternoon. I am sure the people at her workplace had a number where he could be reached in case of an emergency, and I bet he expected a call from one of her co-workers to tell him that they had found her body earlier in the day. It didn't happen, so he called Meredith.
BINGO !

Darlene733510 said:

well, we don't actually know what time JY called Meredith...it's been stated in a couple of articles that he called her "in the morning".... it could be that since he told Meredith that Michelle was at work, she (Meredith) didn't think of it being an 'emergency' & so she took her time getting over to the house....

there sure are a lot of timeframes we've heard nothing about with this case....

close_enough said:
well, we don't actually know what time JY called Meredith...it's been stated in a couple of articles that he called her "in the morning".... it could be that since he told Meredith that Michelle was at work, she (Meredith) didn't think of it being an 'emergency' & so she took her time getting over to the house....

there sure are a lot of timeframes we've heard nothing about with this case....

Well close dear - we're all going to have a field day when the phone records come out!

Yes, seems Meredith may not have gone over as an emergency - and also I think JY would have played it cool; played it casual - but somehow got her to go a little earlier rather than later...

What I think is most despicable - and has been pointed out previously - is that he's not shy to call Meredith out of the blue (first time doing this) on a Friday for HIS needs - and then suddenly he stops talking to LE and MY's family.

Actions speak LOUDER than words, IMO.

lol ... seeya here soon - gotta dash shortly - keep warm & enjoy the last of your blowing ... only this week, eh? :blowkiss:

Friends and Meredith

Why phone friends who don't have a key to the house? They'd assume Michelle might be out for a walk and not be persistant in knocking. They also wouldn't take notice of the dog barking because well..dogs are good at barking at people knocking on their door.

A sister with a key however.....doesnt' have to knock on the door. She can just walk right in.

PolkSaladAnnie said:
Now this is precisely one of the reasons I feel JY is a serious POI in my mind. His alibi is so well-covered - but (if guilty) one of the mistakes he made may just have been his call to Meredith. He'd have been better off "none the wiser". If he selected the latter, then that challenges his consideration shown when he made that 11 pm call. Why not follow up?

IF he called the following day - we have to assume he knew his wife's schedule and no reply must have prompted concern. So, if he'd called Meredith and said "Please go and check on Michelle, I am not getting a reply and she was supposed to be as the Doctor..." that would be more realistic, surely?

Better still: why did he not call the Dr HIMSELF to see if Michelle kept her appnt as he was hgetting not reply?

To say: Well, he was on a business trip ... ? Well, that clashes with his detailing faxes and surprise gifts that he had time to sort out on his trip.

:confused:

To me, one of the most interesting things about JY's call to Meredith will come out to LE when they go through the phone records. They should be able to locate his general position when he made that call based on the transmitter tower of origin. What if his location at that time was such that he could have actually returned home and got the bloody fax himself ? I am interested in knowing his locationat the time he called Meredith, I think it may be rather telling. Just a thought...

Samiya said:
Friends and Meredith

Why phone friends who don't have a key to the house? They'd assume Michelle might be out for a walk and not be persistant in knocking. They also wouldn't take notice of the dog barking because well..dogs are good at barking at people knocking on their door.

A sister with a key however.....doesnt' have to knock on the door. She can just walk right in.

right Sami....& to be honest, i don't KNOW that a co-worker would run over to the house & investigate, if Michelle didn't show up for work...think about it...if she was suppose to have been at work that Friday, & let's say her boss DID call to see what was going on...if he got no answer, i don't expect he'd jump up & go over to the house to investigate...i doubt any co-worker would...i'm sure they'd think it odd that she didn't call, but it wouldn't necessarily be their responsibility to go over to the house....i just don't think it would cause THAT kind of alarm..(that's the way i see it anyway)...i think JY specifically wanted Meredith to go in & find Michelle....if he planned this (i think he did) i think Meredith finding the body was part of the plan....regardless of what time he called Meredith, he knew she would show up to do as he asked (the fax)....

i just don't think JY was counting on co-workers to find Michelle's body...he couldn't be SURE that someone she worked with would literally go over & investigate...course he knows if she was really suppose to be at work or not....(also her place of employment obviously knew)...no, i think Meredith finding Michelle was all part of it....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73