1106 users online (274 members and 832 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

A Big Gators Got Me

You can listen to the 911 call.
    Carlos Mayid, who lives near Lake Parker, works late and heard from inside his home the shouts of Adrian Apgar, the Polk City man attacked by an alligator and severely injured early Wednesday morning.

He then dialed 911 and held an ongoing five-minute conversation with a Polk dispatcher and Apgar, which was recorded in a remarkable 911 tape released Wednesday by the Polk sheriffs office.
    http://news.tboblogs.com/index.php/news/C450/

LAKELAND -- A man attacked by an alligator after smoking crack near a Polk County lake remained hospitalized this morning.

His family declined to allow Lakeland Regional Medical Center to release the condition of Adrian Apgar, 45, who was pulled from an alligator's jaws Wednesday morning by Polk deputies. The Sheriff's Office said Wednesday that Apgar suffered a broken arm, a nearly severed arm, significant trauma to his buttocks and leg and was critically injured.

"We don't know whether he'll make it or not," Polk Sheriff Grady Judd said on Wednesday.

Meanwhile, the alligator suspected of the attack was euthanized and there is no plan for a necropsy, because Apgar is not missing any body parts, a state game and wildlife official said this morning.

The incident occurred Wednesday morning, when Deputy Billy Osborne was called to the scene by neighbors. When he arrived, he heard Apgar's cries for help but couldn't see him through the thick brush and pre-dawn darkness.
    http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...home-headlines

Talking

The guy admitted smoking crack cocaine beforehand and they found him nude in the lake- guessing his Apgar scores weren't too high!(bad pun intended- his last name is Apgar)
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

High on crack and winds up attacked by a gator...what a buzz kill!
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

hipmamajen is offline I love the friends I have gathered together on this thin raft...
    Quote Originally Posted by southcitymom
    High on crack and winds up attacked by a gator...what a buzz kill!
    Yeah, but if I was going to get attacked by a gator, I guess I'd like the option of getting high on crack first...

Quote Originally Posted by LinasK
    The guy admitted smoking crack cocaine beforehand and they found him nude in the lake- guessing his Apgar scores weren't too high!(bad pun intended- his last name is Apgar)

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    I got that one!

That's what I want for Christmas! I want a crackhead eating gator!

I want it NOW!

And a pedophile gator, too.

Do I have to keep them on a leash when I let them out?
    FUN... is a renewable resource!

wow what an idiot--there was a similar case here years ago but in that case the guy was drunk and he jumped in the water because he wanted to wrestle a gator--he found one or rather the gator found him and they started to wrestle--guess who won?---the guy was buried the next day or what was left of him

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Hamilton
    wow what an idiot--there was a similar case here years ago but in that case the guy was drunk and he jumped in the water because he wanted to wrestle a gator--he found one or rather the gator found him and they started to wrestle--guess who won?---the guy was buried the next day or what was left of him
    That blows the theory everyone talks about around here. (Redneck central) They say if you happen to find yourself in the position of getting rid of a body, give it to the alligators because they don't leave anything behind. Now I have to come up with another plan, you know, just in case I find myself in that situation.

Quote Originally Posted by GlitchWizard
    That's what I want for Christmas! I want a crackhead eating gator!

I want it NOW!

And a pedophile gator, too.

Do I have to keep them on a leash when I let them out?
    Brilliant!
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

couldn't help it....
    "It seems that this is larger than I am. More than I can handle. Yet I know that I am being carried, for I am not strong enough to carry myself. I do not have the answers now but one day I will know and understand and maybe one day I will help to carry another." Joanne Cacciatore~

Quote Originally Posted by SpongeBathHotPants
    couldn't help it....
    I *so* did hope someone would do that!

You know - if it were Steve Erwin instead of a crack head, you'd be toast on here with some of these members. ;-)

If he doesn't make it, I think we can nominate him for a Darwin award...Hey you!...outta the gene pool!