1084 users online (241 members and 843 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Watch for Devon tomorrow in People Magazine

My nephew Devon who woke up after a 2 year coma is being featured in People magazine Friday according to my brother. He called yesterday to tell me. I know so many of you have been praying for his recovery and following his miracle recovery. So here's a head's up. 20/20 is also working on a feature on Devon for their show. I will let you know when that's ready to air.

As a side note Devon is talking much better now. He's understanding and reading even. His legs are very messed up from being in a fetal type position for the 2 years in the coma. Medicaid didn't pay for his legs to be exercised daily and so they were not done on a regular basis. (They wouldn't pay for it because they never thought he'd wake up). I guess my brother and his wife didn't know this. Now his ligaments are fractured and he can put no real weight on his legs. This is very painful and we don't know how long it will take to heal. So that's the worst setback right now. Other than that we're thinking the sky's the limit to his recovery.

I can't wait to see the article Laura. I am glad that Devon continues to improve overall. Our own miracle.
    Sorry about his poor little legs.

Quote Originally Posted by JBean
    I can't wait to see the article Laura. I am glad that Devon continues to improve overall. Our own miracle.
    Sorry about his poor little legs.
    Thanks Jelly. His poor legs make me mad. I wish the care home he was in could have just exercised them whether they were paid or not. Or I wish he was placed closer so we could have done it ourselves (family) but I don't think the doctors mentioned this could happen. But like I said they honestly didn't think he'd wake up so he was getting just minimal care I believe.

2luvmy is offline RIP Ragdoll. You don't get to choose how you're going to die, or when. You can only decide how you're going to live now.
    I'll be sure to keep a look out for the stories!!!!

How exciting for you and your family!! I can't wait to ready about him!

What wonderful news! That's terrific!

What a miracle Devon is.

Truly remarkable.

I'll be looking, too. I subscribe to People.

I haven't bought a People magazine in ages, but I think I'll buy this issue as I've prayed for Devon, too, and can't wait to see how good he's doing. I remember watching the one video clip of him and being impressed with how far he had come at that point - I'm still praying that he continues to recover every day, and that his legs do heal. Bless you and your family.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    *My posts are my opinions, expressed freely thanks to the First Amendment.*

Quote Originally Posted by Anngelique
    My nephew Devon who woke up after a 2 year coma is being featured in People magazine Friday according to my brother. He called yesterday to tell me. I know so many of you have been praying for his recovery and following his miracle recovery. So here's a head's up. 20/20 is also working on a feature on Devon for their show. I will let you know when that's ready to air.

As a side note Devon is talking much better now. He's understanding and reading even. His legs are very messed up from being in a fetal type position for the 2 years in the coma. Medicaid didn't pay for his legs to be exercised daily and so they were not done on a regular basis. (They wouldn't pay for it because they never thought he'd wake up). I guess my brother and his wife didn't know this. Now his ligaments are fractured and he can put no real weight on his legs. This is very painful and we don't know how long it will take to heal. So that's the worst setback right now. Other than that we're thinking the sky's the limit to his recovery.
    I'm looking forward to reading the article. I'll be praying for his recovery. The same thing happened to my father - he was in a coma and the doctors were so sure he was going to die that they didn't even suggest any physical therapy. We believed them when they told us that he was not going to wake up, and that "family decisions would need to be made." We didn't know to ask about physical therapy or to just be exercising him ourselves.

He woke up after 14 days and just started talking. His body was all crunched up, his legs were bent really bad. He ended up having a hip replaced, and eventually he was was able to walk again. My dad was old and had a lot of other problems - I think your nephew has a much better chance. Recovering the use of your limbs is hard work - but it may be possible.
    cricket

"dance like no one's watching"

Quote Originally Posted by cricket
    I'm looking forward to reading the article. I'll be praying for his recovery. The same thing happened to my father - he was in a coma and the doctors were so sure he was going to die that they didn't even suggest any physical therapy. We believed them when they told us that he was not going to wake up, and that "family decisions would need to be made." We didn't know to ask about physical therapy or to just be exercising him ourselves.

He woke up after 14 days and just started talking. His body was all crunched up, his legs were bent really bad. He ended up having a hip replaced, and eventually he was was able to walk again. My dad was old and had a lot of other problems - I think your nephew has a much better chance. Recovering the use of your limbs is hard work - but it may be possible.
    Thanks... but he was that way for 2 years! But we have faith and hope. I'm glad your dad also woke up.

Quote Originally Posted by Anngelique
    Thanks... but he was that way for 2 years! But we have faith and hope. I'm glad your dad also woke up.
    Thanks everyone. You might want to check the magazine before you buy it. My brother's called me with wrong dates and info before... LOL.

oh, i'm glad i popped in over here...i'll definately get the issue of People

I'm usually not a People reader, but I'll buy this issue! If enough of us buy it, they may wonder what happened to their circulation numbers!!! Please let us know when the 20/20 episode is about to air--we'll send their Nielson numbers through the roof!
    Love and Hugs to DEVON!!!!

Wow that's great! Will certainly read!

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora
    I'm usually not a People reader, but I'll buy this issue! If enough of us buy it, they may wonder what happened to their circulation numbers!!! Please let us know when the 20/20 episode is about to air--we'll send their Nielson numbers through the roof!
    Love and Hugs to DEVON!!!!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast