Watch for Devon tomorrow in People Magazine

Anngelique

Reaction score
My nephew Devon who woke up after a 2 year coma is being featured in People magazine Friday according to my brother. He called yesterday to tell me. I know so many of you have been praying for his recovery and following his miracle recovery. So here's a head's up. 20/20 is also working on a feature on Devon for their show. I will let you know when that's ready to air.

As a side note Devon is talking much better now. He's understanding and reading even. His legs are very messed up from being in a fetal type position for the 2 years in the coma. Medicaid didn't pay for his legs to be exercised daily and so they were not done on a regular basis. (They wouldn't pay for it because they never thought he'd wake up). I guess my brother and his wife didn't know this. Now his ligaments are fractured and he can put no real weight on his legs. This is very painful and we don't know how long it will take to heal. So that's the worst setback right now. Other than that we're thinking the sky's the limit to his recovery.

I can't wait to see the article Laura. I am glad that Devon continues to improve overall. Our own miracle.
Sorry about his poor little legs.

JBean said:
I can't wait to see the article Laura. I am glad that Devon continues to improve overall. Our own miracle.
Sorry about his poor little legs.

Thanks Jelly. His poor legs make me mad. I wish the care home he was in could have just exercised them whether they were paid or not. Or I wish he was placed closer so we could have done it ourselves (family) but I don't think the doctors mentioned this could happen. But like I said they honestly didn't think he'd wake up so he was getting just minimal care I believe.

I'll be sure to keep a look out for the stories!!!!

How exciting for you and your family!! I can't wait to ready about him!

What wonderful news! That's terrific!

What a miracle Devon is. :innocent:

Truly remarkable.

I haven't bought a People magazine in ages, but I think I'll buy this issue as I've prayed for Devon, too, and can't wait to see how good he's doing. I remember watching the one video clip of him and being impressed with how far he had come at that point - I'm still praying that he continues to recover every day, and that his legs do heal. Bless you and your family.

Anngelique said:
My nephew Devon who woke up after a 2 year coma is being featured in People magazine Friday according to my brother. He called yesterday to tell me. I know so many of you have been praying for his recovery and following his miracle recovery. So here's a head's up. 20/20 is also working on a feature on Devon for their show. I will let you know when that's ready to air.

As a side note Devon is talking much better now. He's understanding and reading even. His legs are very messed up from being in a fetal type position for the 2 years in the coma. Medicaid didn't pay for his legs to be exercised daily and so they were not done on a regular basis. (They wouldn't pay for it because they never thought he'd wake up). I guess my brother and his wife didn't know this. Now his ligaments are fractured and he can put no real weight on his legs. This is very painful and we don't know how long it will take to heal. So that's the worst setback right now. Other than that we're thinking the sky's the limit to his recovery.
I'm looking forward to reading the article. I'll be praying for his recovery. The same thing happened to my father - he was in a coma and the doctors were so sure he was going to die that they didn't even suggest any physical therapy. We believed them when they told us that he was not going to wake up, and that "family decisions would need to be made." We didn't know to ask about physical therapy or to just be exercising him ourselves.

He woke up after 14 days and just started talking. His body was all crunched up, his legs were bent really bad. He ended up having a hip replaced, and eventually he was was able to walk again. My dad was old and had a lot of other problems - I think your nephew has a much better chance. Recovering the use of your limbs is hard work - but it may be possible.

cricket said:
I'm looking forward to reading the article. I'll be praying for his recovery. The same thing happened to my father - he was in a coma and the doctors were so sure he was going to die that they didn't even suggest any physical therapy. We believed them when they told us that he was not going to wake up, and that "family decisions would need to be made." We didn't know to ask about physical therapy or to just be exercising him ourselves.

He woke up after 14 days and just started talking. His body was all crunched up, his legs were bent really bad. He ended up having a hip replaced, and eventually he was was able to walk again. My dad was old and had a lot of other problems - I think your nephew has a much better chance. Recovering the use of your limbs is hard work - but it may be possible.
Thanks... but he was that way for 2 years! But we have faith and hope. I'm glad your dad also woke up.

Anngelique said:
Thanks... but he was that way for 2 years! But we have faith and hope. I'm glad your dad also woke up.

Thanks everyone. You might want to check the magazine before you buy it. My brother's called me with wrong dates and info before... LOL.

I'm usually not a People reader, but I'll buy this issue! If enough of us buy it, they may wonder what happened to their circulation numbers!!! :) Please let us know when the 20/20 episode is about to air--we'll send their Nielson numbers through the roof!
Love and Hugs to DEVON!!!! :blowkiss:

Pandora said:
I'm usually not a People reader, but I'll buy this issue! If enough of us buy it, they may wonder what happened to their circulation numbers!!! :) Please let us know when the 20/20 episode is about to air--we'll send their Nielson numbers through the roof!
Love and Hugs to DEVON!!!! :blowkiss:
:blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss:

Anngelique :blowkiss: I will be on the lookout for this.. Can't wait to read it..

I didn't know about this - how wonderful he is recovering Anngelique! I am looking forward to reading and viewing!

Eve

Thanks everyone!

Has anyone seen it yet? I haven't been able to get to a store yet because I run a daycare. I will go this evening though. I'm dying to know if it made it in.

That's wonderful Anngelique! I'd be angry too about them not massaging his legs. People that are in comas can hear, they say, so they can feel too. You would think they would do that along with turning him like I am sure they did. Even my hip gets sore laying on one side for too long and I have a wonderful mattress!

Only good things ahead for Devin. If his legs need special care now or surgery later, maybe his parents could negotiate with someone in power there about their paying for this. Those folks need all ther help they can get.

xoxoxo Scandi

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708
Back