GUILTY Netherlands - Jesse Dingemans, 8, murdered at Hoogerheide school, 1 Dec 2006

Yes, it's awful -

Another angle though - if you're going to kill someone, WHY do it in a way you are sure to traumatize so many other people and, also, get caught in the process? There has to be a chemical that gets released in people's brains to make them completely stupid as they are being evil.

"As far as is clear to me at the moment, there is no family relationship between the victim and his killer," Stegman added.

The article says a 22 year old is being questioned and that the deceased child's father is a local bank manager.

"It does not appear that many children witnessed the incident," another police spokesman, Willem van Hooijdonk, said.

This is a good thing - it would have been horrible for there to be witnesses.

http://edition.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/europe/12/01/netherlands.school.ap/index.html

As the government is spending a disproportionate amount of time looking into ways of banning the burqa, the truly dangerous element in society, the "hoodies", are free to roam and terrorise the neighbourhood.

kittykat1 said:
"As far as is clear to me at the moment, there is no family relationship between the victim and his killer," Stegman added.

The article says a 22 year old is being questioned and that the deceased child's father is a local bank manager.

"It does not appear that many children witnessed the incident," another police spokesman, Willem van Hooijdonk, said.

This is a good thing - it would have been horrible for there to be witnesses.

http://edition.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/europe/12/01/netherlands.school.ap/index.html
If this is the case, I would think the murder is almost certainly mentallyy ill.

I don't think that the smaller, if any children at all, should be allowed to go anywhere in the school alone. They should go in groups or wait until a teacher or aide can go along.

"Few schools have strict security measures in place, in part because killings are extremely rare. The last case was in 2004, when a student shot his economics teacher in the head in a crowded cafeteria."

OMG! :doh:

I wonder if yesterday's murder was anything to do with the boy being the son of a bank manager? someone with a grudge after being turned down for a loan?

There are no words. OMG, how terrible. :( That poor baby.

txsvicki said:
I don't think that the smaller, if any children at all, should be allowed to go anywhere in the school alone. They should go in groups or wait until a teacher or aide can go along.
This is one thing I hate about my sons school, there are no hallways, just open sidewalks outside. And the school is close to the road, it would be a kidnappers dream location. My 7 yr old told me I should sue the school for not "providing him with adequate supervision." He thinks like mom,lol.

teonspaleprincess said:
This is one thing I hate about my sons school, there are no hallways, just open sidewalks outside. And the school is close to the road, it would be a kidnappers dream location. My 7 yr old told me I should sue the school for not "providing him with adequate supervision." He thinks like mom,lol.

Oh my - if he thinks like that at this moment, what if he decides to sue his parents for sending him to a school without adequate supervision! :eek:

The killer was believed to have entered through an unlocked side door at the Klim-Op, a Catholic elementary school in Hoogerheide, 150km south of Amsterdam.
Newspaper BN/De Stem cited the suspect's lawyer, Henk van Hasselt, as saying he has denied the killing.
The paper said the suspect was of Antillian ancestry, raised in The Hague, and lived near the area where the killing took place.

http://www.news24.com/News24/World/News/0,9294,2-10-1462_2039203,00.html

Hoogerheide is a village of 8,000, where most families know each other.
"Jesse was an unusually sweet and happy kid, always friendly," the mass circulation daily De Telegraaf quoted Rina Somers, whose daughter was in Jesse's class, as saying. "It's impossible to comprehend."
:(

Floh said:
Oh my - if he thinks like that at this moment, what if he decides to sue his parents for sending him to a school without adequate supervision! :eek:
LOL, he is a very precoscious(sp?) Maybe he will grow up and be a lawyer? :D

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back