925 users online (173 members and 752 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    372

    TX - Tommy Lynn Sells

    Has there ever been any threads here about this person? If so, could someone link me to them? From the little that I have read, it seems he could possibly be linked to some missing/murdered child cases that have run cold or have someone else accused of it. thanks.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    26,902
    Here's one that has to do with Julie Rae Harper and her acquittal. It was later determined that Sells murdered her son, Joel:

    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Tommy+Sells

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    372
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    Here's one that has to do with Julie Rae Harper and her acquittal. It was later determined that Sells murdered her son, Joel:

    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6119&highlight=Tommy+Sells
    Thanks. Wow. Do you know if the DNA on the hair was ever completed? I noticed in several of your posts that you felt you were undecided in this case. Do you still feel the same or are you convinced now that Sells did it?
    I also saw some people comparing this case to Darlie.
    Last edited by bessie; 06-30-2014 at 10:26 PM. Reason: fixed broken quote

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    26,902
    [QUOTE=santos1014]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    Here's one that has to do with Julie Rae Harper and her acquittal. It was later determined that Sells murdered her son, Joel:

    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6119&highlight=Tommy+Sells[/QUOTE]

    Thanks. Wow. Do you know if the DNA on the hair was ever completed? I noticed in several of your posts that you felt you were undecided in this case. Do you still feel the same or are you convinced now that Sells did it?
    I also saw some people comparing this case to Darlie.
    You're welcome!! I don't remember about the DNA. I know on Crimelibrary.com there is an article about Sells' crimes. He's committed far more than he's been charged with, I believe. I think Darlie's camp is interested in the Sells crimes because they're trying to get people to believe something like this happened there too. Unfortunately, there's too much that points to Darlie, whereas in Julie's case, there was nothing that pointed to her. I guess that answers your other question. I do believe that Sells murdered Joel. It was unfortunate that his mother had to go through so much hell after losing her son. If I can find any other info on him, I'll let you know.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    372
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    You're welcome!! I don't remember about the DNA. I know on Crimelibrary.com there is an article about Sells' crimes. He's committed far more than he's been charged with, I believe. I think Darlie's camp is interested in the Sells crimes because they're trying to get people to believe something like this happened there too. Unfortunately, there's too much that points to Darlie, whereas in Julie's case, there was nothing that pointed to her. I guess that answers your other question. I do believe that Sells murdered Joel. It was unfortunate that his mother had to go through so much hell after losing her son. If I can find any other info on him, I'll let you know.
    Oh I am sure Darlie's camp jumped on this one. It does sound familiar, but, once again, the evidence points only one direction..right back at Darlie.
    Thanks again for the info. I am trying to get out of the JonBenet mode, as it is becoming a bit of an obsession to me.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    362
    Quote Originally Posted by santos1014
    Oh I am sure Darlie's camp jumped on this one. It does sound familiar, but, once again, the evidence points only one direction..right back at Darlie.
    Thanks again for the info. I am trying to get out of the JonBenet mode, as it is becoming a bit of an obsession to me.
    He was on the tv last night. Don't know what channel. Isn't he kinda nice creepy, if there is such a thing.

    Yes, JonBenet and Darlie at the same time is too much.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    6
    Tommy Lynn Sells admitted to killing Joel Kirkpatrick on the March 9th, 07 20/20 update story on Julie Rea Harper case . . . also included is comments by Diane Fanning, the author to whom he first confessed to the crime, even knowing the exact date! There have been several other programs/interviews on TLS in the past few years, including 48 Hours and Discovery Channel's multi-part series on serial killers with Dr. Michael Stone. He also confessed on Montel Williams' Show back in 2003 or 2004 to killing Joel, saying he was hired to kill Julie, and didn't know Joel would be there. From the transcripts I've read of what TLS said, he seemed to know a lot about the crime scene ~ that was interesting. He was in prison, Diane Fanning said, when Darlie's boys were murdered.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    40
    One of the last people Tommy Lynn Sells murdered was one of my best-friend's cousin, Kaylene Harris, and slashed the throat of one of her friends that was spending the night, Krystal Surles. The mother of Kaylene and a deaf brother was in the trailer when the horrible thing happened. Krystal walked a good distance to a neighboring house and scratched out the words "Harris family needs help". Kaylene's parents moved here after the murder....she is buried about 30 miles away from here. Very sad.

  9. #9

    TX/MO/MS - Tommy Lynn SELLS

    Has anyone got any information on Tommy Lynn Sells and possible involvement in other unsolved / cold cases BESIDES the ones listed / described in the books authored by Diane Fanning, Donna Hughes, or "Tori Rivers" (and the Radford U. Timeline) / Tru Crime Library web article? I am trying to find out information about his time in Mississippi, especially in 1979 and in connection with the murder of John Cade. I am trying to compile as much information on Sells as I can, so if anyone knows who, if anyone, he is currently communicating with, please advise. Other than the above-described resources, I am also aware of the documentaries of Stephane Bourgoin and the several episodes of "Most Evil"
    which comment on and/or feature TLS with Dr. Michael Stone. I have not seen the double episode of "48 Hours" on Sells which aired in 2001, but I have seen the transcript. Inasmuch as it aired in 2001, of course, it mostly concentrates on the Del Rio events which (thankfully) proved to be his last murder and attempted murder. If I may be of any help whatsoever to anyone wondering about whether TLS was possibly involved in a cold case, I am glad to share whatever information I have managed to obtain. Many thanks in advance!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    North GA
    Posts
    3,963
    B4igo2it just happened to post this link about Sells on the Michael Klunder thread last night. You may have this info but maybe it can help you in your quest anyway. He would have been about 19 years old during the time period you were looking at. He was definitely a very vicious and evil man.

    Tommy Lynn Sells was born on June 28, 1964.

    By the time Tommy Lynn Sells was 14-years-old, he had left home with his eighth grade education and a lust for drugs and crime. He became addicted to drugs, anything he could get, as often as he could get it. He was arrested on several occasions and even jailed, but authorities had no idea that they had their hands on a serial killer until it was too late for too many people. Authorities were only able to fill in the details of the transient Tommy Lynn Sells' life after his arrest for murder in 2000.

    http://voices.yahoo.com/biography-se...624.html?cat=7


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Wolfscratch Wilderness/North GA
    Posts
    8,820
    Quote Originally Posted by Still looking in MS View Post
    Has anyone got any information on Tommy Lynn Sells and possible involvement in other unsolved / cold cases BESIDES the ones listed / described in the books authored by Diane Fanning, Donna Hughes, or "Tori Rivers" (and the Radford U. Timeline) / Tru Crime Library web article? I am trying to find out information about his time in Mississippi, especially in 1979 and in connection with the murder of John Cade. I am trying to compile as much information on Sells as I can, so if anyone knows who, if anyone, he is currently communicating with, please advise. Other than the above-described resources, I am also aware of the documentaries of Stephane Bourgoin and the several episodes of "Most Evil"
    which comment on and/or feature TLS with Dr. Michael Stone. I have not seen the double episode of "48 Hours" on Sells which aired in 2001, but I have seen the transcript. Inasmuch as it aired in 2001, of course, it mostly concentrates on the Del Rio events which (thankfully) proved to be his last murder and attempted murder. If I may be of any help whatsoever to anyone wondering about whether TLS was possibly involved in a cold case, I am glad to share whatever information I have managed to obtain. Many thanks in advance!
    Still looking in MS, you are prolly aware of the many interviews & documentaries on youtube of TLS. If not, here is the Link: http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...nn+sells&sm=12

    Have you considered writing to him in prison? SKs luv attention. The last thing on their bucket list of evil, once caught is notoriety.. An acquaintance of mine wrote SK Gary Hilton(GA/NC/FL, etc.) while in Jackson(GA) prison awaiting a DP trial in Tally, FL. SK GMH's reply was very informative..

    You may want to put a rush on that letter:

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zqqj_GXieJM"]Serial killer Tommy Lynn Sells to be executed - YouTube[/ame]
    Published on Jan 3, 2014
    HOUSTON (AP) - A Texas death row inmate who's been linked to more than a dozen slayings and who's claimed to have committed as many as 70 murders around the country has an execution date. Tommy Lynn Sells is set for lethal injection April 3 in Huntsville. A state judge in Del Rio in Val Verde County last month set the date for the 49-year-old Sells. His lead appeals attorney said Friday lawyers were kind of surprised when they received a copy of the order.

    ___________
    "Bet his defense attorneys were not half as surprised as Tommy Lynn Sells"..

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    7,504
    Convicted Serial Killer Tommy Lynn Sells Executed in Texas

    http://abcnews.go.com/US/convicted-s...ry?id=23184667

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    31,655
    Judge Halts Tommy Lynn Sells Execution
    AP | by MICHAEL GRACZYK
    Posted: 04/02/2014 1:12 pm EDT Updated: 04/03/2014 8:59 pm EDT

    HOUSTON (AP) — A federal appeals court on Wednesday threw out a ruling requiring the Texas prison system to disclose more information about where it gets lethal-injection drugs, reversing a judge who had halted an upcoming execution.

    Only hours before the appellate decision, a lower-court judge issued a temporary injunction halting the execution of Tommy Lynn Sells, a convicted serial killer who was set to die Thursday.
    Sells, 49, was convicted of killing a 13-year-old South Texas girl asleep at her home in 1999. Kaylene Harris was stabbed nearly two dozen times and had her throat slashed. A 10-year-old friend also was attacked but survived. Sells confessed to the slaying and has been tied to more than 20 others around the nation. He has claimed responsibility for as many as 70 murders.
    Last edited by bessie; 04-04-2014 at 12:29 AM.
    PODCAST ROW

    WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK
    __________________________________
    Always give generously of yourself to support your beliefs. And when you're knocked down, give more.




  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    31,655

    Kaylene Harris

    Texas Serial Killer Executed After Losing Supreme Court Appeal
    Posted: 04/03/2014 7:48 pm EDT Updated: 04/04/2014 12:07 am EDT

    As the drug began flowing into his arms inside the death chamber in Huntsville, Sells took a few breaths, his eyes closed and he began to snore. After less than a minute, he stopped moving. He was pronounced dead at 6:27 p.m. CDT - 13 minutes after being given the pentobarbital.

    Terry Harris, whose 13-year-old daughter, Kaylene Harris, was fatally stabbed by Sells in 1999 in South Texas, watched as Sells was executed, saying the injection was "way more gentle than what he gave out."

    "Basically, the dude just took a nap," the father told reporters later outside the prison.
    PODCAST ROW

    WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK
    __________________________________
    Always give generously of yourself to support your beliefs. And when you're knocked down, give more.




  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    545
    Good riddance.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. 2010.04.26 - Tommy's Lawyer: "Tommy knows what happened"
    By WillenFan21 in forum Haleigh Cummings
    Replies: 139
    Last Post: 05-03-2010, 07:52 PM
  2. Student sells virginity on web
    By Casshew in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-28-2004, 03:34 AM

Tags for this Thread