Page 1 of 94 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

OR - James Kim, 33 (deceased), Kati Kim, 30, & two kids, Roseburg, Nov 2006

http://www.ktvb.com/news/regional/st....41b4e452.html

snip

Authorities say 33-year-old James Kim, his 30-year-old wife Kati, and their two children, four-year-old Penelope and seven-month-old Sabine, vanished while returning from a holiday trip to Seattle. Kim is a senior editor for CNET Networks in San Francisco

The Kims were heading back to San Francisco when they reportedly planned to stay overnight last weekend at a hotel in Gold Beach, Oregon. Oregon State Police say the family never made it to the hotel, and San Francisco police have listed the family as missing.

Missing Persons Report Here:

http://www.sfgov.org/site/police_index.asp?id=37978

Another article here:

http://www.betanews.com/article/Help...ily/1164983008

snip

Kim and his family were last seen driving a silver Saab station wagon with personalized California plates: DOESF

The "DOE" on Kim's license plate refers to Doe Fine Goods, one of two apothecary boutiques the family owns. Doe is located on Lower Haight Street, specializing in unique toiletries, designer clothes for women, and baby accessories. The Kims also own Church Street Apothecary, which specializes in housewares, bath accessories, and gifts. James' aesthetic touch and technical acumen can be seen on their Web sites.

I wonder if their went off the road somewhere? Wasn't their bad weather in the northwest?

Prayers for this family.
    Rest in Peace to my best buddy and baby, Buster ~ He crossed the Rainbow Bridge on Jan. 3, 2011. I miss you, Buster and love you with all my being.

What a beautiful family. I hope they are found.....safe and alive.

So scary. Where ARE they??

Quote Originally Posted by PrayersForMaura
    I wonder if their went off the road somewhere? Wasn't their bad weather in the northwest?

Prayers for this family.
    I was thinking the same thing.

oh boy.... here we go:

1) skidded off the road & into the water
    2) got lost and froze
    3) robbed by a stranger, killed, & car stolen
    and, always a possibility...
    3) dad went psycho, killed the family & disappeared.
    but in this case, probably one of the first 2.

Quote Originally Posted by reb
    oh boy.... here we go:

1) skidded off the road & into the water
    2) got lost and froze
    3) robbed by a stranger, killed, & car stolen
    and, always a possibility...
    3) dad went psycho, killed the family & disappeared.
    but in this case, probably one of the first 2.
    Reb-
    I thought of each of those scenarios. I too think it's #1 or 2.

This is from a Chronicle article about the family:

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg...AGJ6MNGK81.DTL

snip

Back in San Francisco, Charlene Wright, an employee of the Apothecary store who was house-sitting for the Kims, had expected to hear from them Monday.

"Normally when Kati is out of town, she calls the store five or more times a day,'' said Wright. "But she didn't call'' Monday.

By Tuesday, Wright began to worry, and Wednesday morning, she filed a missing person's report.

Wright said authorities have told her that the last outgoing calls from the Kims' cell phone were Saturday around 2 p.m. "Everyone has a theory ranging from the not positive to the overly optimistic,'' said Wright. "The prevailing theory is that they got caught in bad weather and can't phone.''

Oh, MY, what gorgeous little girls. This is so sad. Praying hard that they are alive and can be rescued from somewhere or something.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...&feed=rss.news

Oh no, if he planned to go to Redmond, too, to get information on MSN, then I know they are stuck. I work with MSN and the weather up there was so bad that most if not all of their headquarters shut down.

But the article doesn't say if they went to Redmond before or after their Thanksgiving trip? It just mentions that they were going to combine the trip.

What is the weather like where they were with family, I wonder?
    Last edited by PrayersForMaura; 12-01-2006 at 09:20 PM.
    Rest in Peace to my best buddy and baby, Buster ~ He crossed the Rainbow Bridge on Jan. 3, 2011. I miss you, Buster and love you with all my being.

coworkers create web site for missing family

http://crave.cnet.com/8301-1_105-966...?tag=cnetfd.mt

lovely lovely family. i pray they are all OK and just in a "broken-down" vehicle somewhere, but still alive and will be found soon.

i don't understand how they could not be found yet. i'm assuming their friends, family & LE are out retracing their route(s)...? were any of the roads on the planned route next to water? surely there would be a signs of a car going off the road, if there is dry snow, and the water is iced over.
    or, if they strayed from the main highways and got lost then i guess that's where it gets difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by reb
    i don't understand how they could not be found yet. i'm assuming their friends, family & LE are out retracing their route(s)...? were any of the roads on the planned route next to water? surely there would be a signs of a car going off the road, if there is dry snow, and the water is iced over.
    or, if they strayed from the main highways and got lost then i guess that's where it gets difficult.
    According to this link, he planned to take Highway 38 (presumably from I-5) to Highway 101, the coastal road that would take them to Gold Beach.

101 does cross many rivers as it winds down the coast. It's also hard to get lost - it's the main road on the Pacific coast.

The report indicates that Kim called the inn around sunset, and the innskeeper expected to see them sometime before midnight. It's about three hours from where 38 hits the coast to Gold Beach, and the sun sets pretty early during the winter, so I'm guessing he was on 38 when he called. The police seem to think that, too.

Unfortunately, if they did go off-road in the mountains, it may not be good - there was significant snowfall in the Northwest a day or two later, and also very cold. I'm not sure how it was in this part of Oregon, but I know Portland was hit relatively hard.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Lurker Steve For This Useful Post:

This case reminds me of the James & Jennifer Stolpa story. Anyone remember that? Happened over 10 years ago, I think. They were a young couple traveling by car with their 5 month old baby. There was a severe snow storm & they got lost and ended up taking some side road that even furthered their dilemma. I think they ended up on a road that was closed. They stayed in the vehicle, then ended up walking. In the end, they were all found....James had to leave Jennifer and the baby alone in a cave or something and trekked on foot for days until he found help for himself and sent help to rescue his wife and baby. Baby was able to survive for so long because Jennifer was breastfeeding him. I've always remembered that story.....

I hope this family is found safe and well!!!!!!!!!!!

ETA: Does anyone know if any roads were closed due to the bad weather? Maybe they were already on the road & had car trouble or an accident before the road was closed, and haven't been found because of the road closure? Wishful thinking here.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to julianne For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 94 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast