Lindsay Lohan in AA

southcitymom said:
Drag that someone blew her anonymity.
I was thinking that, but maybe she put it out there to do some damage control.

I hope she gets the help she needs. I did love her in the Parent Trap. There is hope for Lindsay. She needs to pick new friends though. :twocents:

What a freaking joke. By the way, no one ratted her out - she had her publicist notify the press. Maybe I would take her more seriously if she stopped doing blow all the time and acting like a crazy person.

Did anyone see the clip on TMZ where she was walking to a car with the paparazzi following her and they asked her about Paris Hilton? With a smirk she said "Paris Hilton is a c**t." Of course the paparazzi went crazy and peppered her with questions. With a straight face the girl actually said "I never said that. I don't know what you are talking about." The video was all the same clip. She is drugged out and delusional. Then the other night she is taped telling paparazzi that Paris hit her and gave her a bruise on her arm that she waved for the cameras to see. Then she said that Paris threw a drink at her at a party. Meanwhile, she is then photographed sitting in Paris' car with Paris and Britney.

Lindsay is seriously out of control and no adult or friend in her life seems to give a crap about her. She is partying everynight,often with her mother, who makes frequent bathroom trips with Lindsay when they are out clubbing. It is really sad. All Lindsay seems to care about is being in the papers everyday. She is known to wait at events until every other celebrity has entered, so she has the final walk down the red carpet. She could have a serious film career if she wasn't so self-destructive.

When I heard this on TV, they said that her Mom said she was attending AA but that Lindsay did not have any immediate intentions to stop drinking because it wasn't to a point that it was excessive. That was a strange statement, since the whole foundation of AA is to STOP DRINKING because it has become EXCESSIVE.

Oh well.

I think that all the clubs that she frequents and drinks at should be fined for serving alcohol to an underage minor! Isn't she only 20?

julianne said:
........When I heard this on TV, they said that her Mom said she was attending AA but that Lindsay did not have any immediate intentions to stop drinking because it wasn't to a point that it was excessive. That was a strange statement, since the whole foundation of AA is to STOP DRINKING because it has become EXCESSIVE.....
Many AA meetings are open to people who wish to learn more about AA. These people may or may not intend to stop drinking, but they can certainly learn a great deal about the disease of alcoholsim regardless of their personal choice regarding drinking.

I personally know people who attended AA for a number of years before they stopped drinking. Everyone's path is different. Open AA meetings are inclusive and encouraging who anyone seeking knowledge.

Masterj said:
.....What a freaking joke. By the way, no one ratted her out - she had her publicist notify the press......
According to Lindsey's publicist, someone did indeed start talk about which meetings Lindsay had been attending. The question came to the publicist because the infornation was already out there.

I'm not so naive to think that publicists are unfailingly honest, but there have been press murmurs and rumors about Lohan attending AA for a while now. According to one article I read, Lindsey has a good friend that just celebrated 90 days clean - maybe Lohan is attending to support her. Who knows?

And how would Lohan attending AA but saying she has no immediate plans to quit drinking HELP her party girl image. It wouldn't. Just the opposite.

For these reasons, I don't think her publicist is leaking anything about this - I think a fellow AAer is.

There's no such thing as anonymity when attending 12 step programs!
Human nature dictates gossip...

AA isn't going to help Lohan give up anything.

It's not alcohol thats the problem, it is society today....she's rich, she's famous...it's almost an invitation to become an ..Hollywood needs to stop promoting and condoning behaviour like hers and her pals, it's not okay..

If she attends meetings for more than a month I will be really surprised...and if she gives up partying, I'll eat my boot!

narlacat said:

It's not alcohol thats the problem, it is society today....she's rich, she's famous...it's almost an invitation to become an ..Hollywood needs to stop promoting and condoning behaviour like hers and her pals, it's not okay..

If she attends meetings for more than a month I will be really surprised...and if she gives up partying, I'll eat my boot!
exactly narlacat. you have once again hit the nail on the head.

julianne said:
I think that all the clubs that she frequents and drinks at should be fined for serving alcohol to an underage minor! Isn't she only 20?
ITA with you. It's ridiculous that she is openly going to clubs and drinking and no one says a word about it-she's underage! Just because she's famous doesn't mean she's above the law and I think it's pretty sad that this young woman has developed an addiction-in part-because no one will say no to her.

narlacat said:

I'll eat your other boot....

Masterj said:
What a freaking joke. By the way, no one ratted her out - she had her publicist notify the press. Maybe I would take her more seriously if she stopped doing blow all the time and acting like a crazy person.

Did anyone see the clip on TMZ where she was walking to a car with the paparazzi following her and they asked her about Paris Hilton? With a smirk she said "Paris Hilton is a c**t." Of course the paparazzi went crazy and peppered her with questions. With a straight face the girl actually said "I never said that. I don't know what you are talking about." The video was all the same clip. She is drugged out and delusional. Then the other night she is taped telling paparazzi that Paris hit her and gave her a bruise on her arm that she waved for the cameras to see. Then she said that Paris threw a drink at her at a party. Meanwhile, she is then photographed sitting in Paris' car with Paris and Britney.

Lindsay is seriously out of control and no adult or friend in her life seems to give a crap about her. She is partying everynight,often with her mother, who makes frequent bathroom trips with Lindsay when they are out clubbing. It is really sad. All Lindsay seems to care about is being in the papers everyday. She is known to wait at events until every other celebrity has entered, so she has the final walk down the red carpet. She could have a serious film career if she wasn't so self-destructive.

i agree completely.....a joke..
lol, she's been seen with some kind of "30 day coin"....'sources say', & carrying around "the book"....12 step book, i think...not the "big book"...

she was seen throwin back champagne the other night at some 'party'...per one of this 'insider' shows on TV.....

she IS out of control MJ...(shakes head) i saw the same clip (bold letters)

close_enough said:
.....she's been seen with some kind of "30 day coin"....
She was recently photographed wearing a 90-day AA chip on her short. She did this as shout out of support for a close friend of hers who recently got 90 days sober.

I think it is great if Lindsay is attending AA meetings to support her friend. However, knowing how much she likes to get her name in the paper and the way she manipulates the media, I really don't think that is what she is doing. I think she knew exactly what she was doing when she started prominently displaying the AA coins. She knew the paparazzi would capture the sobriety coins and that the gossip columns would talk about them. While she may be supporting her friend, I find her actions nothing but another pathetic and selfish attempt to manipulate the media. Her partying has not stopped at all, and her mother claiming that it has is equally pathetic and selfish. Lindsay's behavior is effecting her professional reputation and her mom certainly does not want Lindsay's money train to stop.

Masterj said:
..... Lindsay's behavior is effecting her professional reputation and her mom certainly does not want Lindsay's money train to stop.....
Will it hurt her professionally? I don't know. Maybe if she keeps showing up late to set.

But overall I think Hollywood continues to seem happy to have her name associated with its product. The fact is that her bad behavior generates interest in their films. I think her Mom knows this...she doesn't seem particularly concerned that the money train is going anywhere. I'd guess that she's an addict just like her daughter.

The AA program has a way of sticking with you even if you're not ready to attempt sobriety and work the program. You hear things in the meetings that make a lot of sense or really hit home, and they float around in your mind whether you want them to or not. Look at Steven Tyler and Joe Perry of Aerosmith. The Toxic Twins have been clean and sober for a long time. I'm sure it was a hard start, but for them it worked. Maybe that will happen for Lindsey Lohan.

southcitymom said:
Will it hurt her professionally? I don't know. Maybe if she keeps showing up late to set.

But overall I think Hollywood continues to seem happy to have her name associated with its product. The fact is that her bad behavior generates interest in their films. I think her Mom knows this...she doesn't seem particularly concerned that the money train is going anywhere. I'd guess that she's an addict just like her daughter.

Well, you know, in some ways there's no publicity that's bad publicity. No way for any of us to judge her sincerity. I think AA is great and it works differently for different people. That's the beauty of it.

Eve

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back