Thread: Phelps Foiled by Native American Tribe!

Phelps Foiled by Native American Tribe!

BISMARCK, North Dakota (AP) -- A church group that protests at military funerals around the country will be barred from services for an American Indian soldier on a reservation, tribal officials say.

Members of the Westboro Baptist Church of Topeka, Kansas, planned to demonstrate at National Guard Cpl. Nathan Goodiron's funeral on Saturday at the Fort Berthold Indian Reservation.

Church members say the deaths of soldiers are punishment from God for the country's tolerance of homosexuals.

Tribal leaders passed a resolution Friday that prohibits the group from protesting on the reservation, said Marcus Wells Jr., chairman of the Three Affiliated Tribes.

"We will not tolerate any harassment that is intended to provoke ill feelings and violence," he said.

Shirley Phelps-Roper, daughter of the Rev. Fred Phelps Sr., pastor of Westboro Baptist, said her group planned to protest outside the reservation "on public rights of way."

More at link: http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/12/02/fun....ap/index.html

Good for them. That group (Phelps) is nuts. We see them around where we live all the time. It's hard to believe just how hateful these people are. I personally belive Phelps has a big secret. He screams way too much and too often about gay people.

hipmamajen is offline I love the friends I have gathered together on this thin raft...
    I'm so glad to hear that!

here is a link to their site and no, I did not make up the name...

http://www.godhatesfags.com/
    "It seems that this is larger than I am. More than I can handle. Yet I know that I am being carried, for I am not strong enough to carry myself. I do not have the answers now but one day I will know and understand and maybe one day I will help to carry another." Joanne Cacciatore~

http://www.godhatesfags.com/images/2...715_shirts.jpg

this is from a School Bus Crash Funeral

this is terrible!!!!
    "It seems that this is larger than I am. More than I can handle. Yet I know that I am being carried, for I am not strong enough to carry myself. I do not have the answers now but one day I will know and understand and maybe one day I will help to carry another." Joanne Cacciatore~

Quote Originally Posted by luvbeaches
    Good for them. That group (Phelps) is nuts. We see them around where we live all the time. It's hard to believe just how hateful these people are. I personally belive Phelps has a big secret. He screams way too much and too often about gay people.
    They're more than nuts

They showed up out here also for the Esperanza Firefighter's Memorial saying God killed the firefighters and so much more.

There is a saying popular on the internet. "Do not feed the troll!" I think it applies aptly to Fred Phelps/Westboro Baptist church. They want attention, and they are repulsive, therefore, do not give them the attention they crave. Hopefully (Hey, I can dream, can't I?) this will cause them to wither up, and fade away never to cause aggravation, heartache or fear again. This is an attitude I have tried to adopt when it comes to them.

Quote Originally Posted by SpongeBathHotPants
    here is a link to their site and no, I did not make up the name...

http://www.godhatesfags.com/
    I don't think their website should get the free publicity, but that's just my opinion. They make me sick to my stomach.

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

To help the victims of the deadly tornadoes, please click here.

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Kudos to the Tribal leaders who used their autonomy to beat these homophobic loons at their own game. Maybe this will give other communities a push to finding ways to circumvent this kind of First Amendment abuse during funerals of any sort.

A similar situation occured in my community with the funeral of a sailor killed in Iraq. Protestors (not sure if same group, but same hatred) were forced to stand across the road from the church but still within sight of the family as they were in the funeral procession. Fortunately, the family requested the flag be displayed along the road leading to the church. Well the only way to accomplish that was to use the equipment of our local volunteer fire department. Not only did they use two ladder trucks to erect an enormous flag to honor the sailor, but they also managed to plant themselves in front of the protestors so the family wouldn't see them.