What could police be doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlwaysShocked

Reaction score
If they got an order from a judge could they be tapping his phone lines like they did to Scott Peterson? Would they have obtained his telephone records by now?

AlwaysShocked said:
If they got an order from a judge could they be tapping his phone lines like they did to Scott Peterson? Would they have obtained his telephone records by now?
I think they probably have JYs phone records by now and have gone through them at least for the specific time relating to the murder.

If they have sufficient evidence to convince a judge to tap JY's phone, if he is the suspect in fact, I suspect a judge would sign the order. However I know if there are any calls between him and his lawyer they must not listen or tape. I do not know if they could get a judge to sign an order for his parents phone where he is supposedly staying or not. Interesting questions.

Hmmmm. I think they're building up a thorough case, AlwaysShocked! Whereas the public arena want all the facts - this sheriff is not bowing to that interest. So long as what he brings to the table is rock solid I doubt he's concerned more about time as he is about the RIGHT time. With the amount of loopholes in the law, the heightened fight by def attornies, the long-reknowned 'tainted jury pool' and the 'media frenzy' of other cases - this one is so tight-lipped that NO-ONE knows what is going on.

This is one case that has not got a media-frenzy. And what has been released has, IMO, been fact. This has to be congratulated.

What do you think or feel???

There's been a number of cases over here where LE and media have been deathly quiet, and private eyes in the background working. Then all of a sudden, some at 2 months most within 6 months and 3 over a year, bang......arrests.

All were convicted on very strong evidence.

ETA: if silence is overwhelming then no one will have a chance to attempt to cover up something they have no idea 'needs covering'.

Oh, I think they are building a case against the husband. I think it was obvious from the one interview I saw of the sheriff (?) - the one where he said they had only briefly talked to the husband on Nov 3rd and not at all since - that is what is going on.

We had a local case near here where the husband killed his young wife in her parents' home and then set the house on fire. (There is a thread somewhere, I think his name is Scott Dunn) Anyway, he was not arrested for several months after the crime. Plus the dentist who pled gulity recently for the murder of his wife and also of a fiance from years ago was not arrested for some time....and even old Michael Peterson was not arrested immediately.

I think they'll get him eventually. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

The ability to obtain cell phone information is quite a tool for law enforcement. Not only does it give locations, but the absence of any calls by a person who normally is calling all the time surely adds to circumstantial evidence.

Oh, and they have probably examined his bank records by now........

raisincharlie said:
I think they probably have JYs phone records by now and have gone through them at least for the specific time relating to the murder.
If they have sufficient evidence to convince a judge to tap JY's phone, if he is the suspect in fact, I suspect a judge would sign the order. However I know if there are any calls between him and his lawyer they must not listen or tape. I do not know if they could get a judge to sign an order for his parents phone where he is supposedly staying or not. Interesting questions.

Thanks for this, charlie - must have those records by now...

So, if we were to assemble a 'list' of sorts (as AlwaysShocked asks), we could include, just as you say: phone records... I think this is the major task as these will support a given theory, an alibi and a timeline of sorts.

Plus:

Checking out friends testimony from the night before
That darn fax (when, why, how it was sent)
What was this 'gift' all about (sorry: all this trouble for a leather purse??)
Gas purchases & mileage
Recent hardware store purchases
Missing items from house (if perp used heavy household item to murder MY)
Hotel receipts
External romantic involvement rumours
The May 2005 accident...

And ... ?

i think LE, for the most part, is through building it's case against JY....the only thing i can think of that they might still be waiting on, is forensic evidence coming back from a lab....these last few prints they gathered in Brevard, & they MIGHT be testing that damned tooth too, now....

I agree with Close especially knowing LE is in Brevard. In these days of modern technology I think we forget sometimes how long it takes for the forensics and other specialty testing that's going on.

I think they may be checking financial records, and JY's earning statements. How much debt did they have?

I would think that when the vehicles are returned they will have GPS tracking on them. If they still have his car, he may be using a family members car.

They may be checking any papers found in the house - did MY want a divorce, and did he see an atty., and possibly pay a retainer?

For sure they will be checking info on any computers or laptops they may have.

They will most likely talk with her co-workers, who may know things MY may have told them about their life, or if there were problems in the marriage. Maybe she had a best friend she would tell these things to.

Salesmen usually have an expense acct. for gas, but he could have been evasive and paid cash.

Who did he have the meeting with - was he actually there? What time was the meeting?

Food receipts.

Darlene733510 said:
I think they may be checking financial records, and JY's earning statements. How much debt did they have?

I would think that when the vehicles are returned they will have GPS tracking on them. If they still have his car, he may be using a family members car.

They may be checking any papers found in the house - did MY want a divorce, and did he see an atty., and possibly pay a retainer?

For sure they will be checking info on any computers or laptops they may have.

They will most likely talk with her co-workers, who may know things MY may have told them about their life, or if there were problems in the marriage. Maybe she had a best friend she would tell these things to.
Excellent! I'm thinking the job is bigger than we can imagine and parts of it are very time consuming.

I would bet that LE had a talk with Meredith, and got
her to sit down with Cassidy, and let Cassidy talk about things she may have seen or heard, and I bet that conversation was recorded.

Then...along comes Daddy, and I bet he asked Cassidy all kinds of questions. One of his biggest mistakes may have been in taking so long to arrive back home.

I want this case solved right, not right now. The
Justin Barber case is a good example of LE
taking their time and doing it right. An arrest was made
of the loving husband almost two years after
this poor woman was shot on the beach, and he was
convicted.
A very interesting case. Here's the link to it from CTV:

http://www.courttv.com/trials/barber/

Darlene733510 said:
I would bet that LE had a talk with Meredith, and got
her to sit down with Cassidy, and let Cassidy talk about things she may have seen or heard, and I bet that conversation was recorded.
Perhaps this is the reason the police were willing to say it was not a random crime...Cassidy doesn't know at her age what a lie is, no reason to doubt her if they did have this conversation.

You need to stay here Darlene !

BeeC - I watched the Justin Baber case. He thought he was so slick - but he was convicted.

raisincharlie - Unusual hat - but I have to tell you I love raisins. LOL

I will be right here until this case is solved. It so much reminds me of the Laci P murder.

I don't know how any human being could leave a small child in the same house with a dead Mother.

It just seems it's taking forever for something to happen - but they are being thorough, and there is a lot for them to investigate.

My Granny told me patience is a virtue - but somedays I tend to forget those words, and want things to happen NOW.

Hi Darlene!! Didn't he tho? I loved that
he researched gun shot wounds to the chest, then
failed to get rid of the computer that was on.....very
reminiscent of the SP case in the regard.

Let's hope if it's JY, he made similar mistakes.....

They may also be reviewing security camera footage at the hotel.

Masissy said:
They may also be reviewing security camera footage at the hotel.

Hiya Masissy - long time ... & hi Darlene :)

Yes, I wonder about that too .... If he's in one of those less exp hotels, he may have slipped out unnoticed. Also ... often in SP's case some wondered if his brother helped him. I never thought so then - but in this case ... is it possible?

With pregnant spousal murders always seems the spouse is a Lone Danger ... acts alone and too often, it's made out as though it's 'an accident/abduction/stranger..."

Imo, that is...

Hi PSA - Love your sense of humor.

I wonder if he had to go through any toll booths during his travels. Salesmen usually save receipts for their expense acct. Also wonder if these places had video cameras.

I hope that he stayed somewhere that had a video camera, but there are a lot of small places that may not have had them. I am thinking he could have checked in at the front desk, maybe took his suitcase in, messed up the bed, made it look like he'd used the bathroom(towels, etc.), and immediately went out a side door, and headed back to Birchleaf after the 11:00 pm call. Or maybe he did go to Birchleaf, and get back in time to shower, and change. I bet he ditched the clothes he had on when he killed her, and had a change of clothes with him.

A lot of these places have parking in the back, and the front desk person would have never seen JY leave, as many of them have exit doors at the end of the first floor hallways.
Then he'd go and do his dirty deed, go back to the Motel, check out in the AM at the front desk, with his suitcase - as though he had been there all night.

Another thing: Checking about his work, talking to his supervisor about his job performance since hired. Was he doing well or was he about to be let go?

Darlene733510 said:
Hi PSA - Love your sense of humor.

I wonder if he had to go through any toll booths during his travels. Salesmen usually save receipts for their expense acct. Also wonder if these places had video cameras.

I hope that he stayed somewhere that had a video camera, but there are a lot of small places that may not have had them. I am thinking he could have checked in at the front desk, maybe took his suitcase in, messed up the bed, made it look like he'd used the bathroom(towels, etc.), and immediately went out a side door, and headed back to Birchleaf after the 11:00 pm call. Or maybe he did go to Birchleaf, and get back in time to shower, and change. I bet he ditched the clothes he had on when he killed her, and had a change of clothes with him.

A lot of these places have parking in the back, and the front desk person would have never seen JY leave, as many of them have exit doors at the end of the first floor hallways.
Then he'd go and do his dirty deed, go back to the Motel, check out in the AM at the front desk, with his suitcase - as though he had been there all night.

Hi Darlene :) :)

Tku :D

Yes - cameras might be key somewhere along the line. close and I have $$$$ on the time scale: WHEN he retruned, (though close responded to me with a lil more logic). Nevertheless, I'm curious as to why Sheriff mentioned the time period when asking public for assistance:

midnight - 6:00 am.

We don't know if rigor was complete by circa 1:30 when Meredith arrived ... but it had clearly commenced - and depending n conditions, RM may commence within the hour or it may start 2 - 3 hours later. We assume Michelle's house wasn't cold because there had been activity and ongoing 'normal living' ... a) she'd had friends over earlier b) Cassidy would not be left in a cool house and c) well, she was found inside the home - outside temps may have sped up RM process...

Rambling (again :doh:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member