GUILTY AL - Geontae Glass, 5, beaten to death, Albertville, 4 Dec 2006

Rle7

Reaction score
An Amber Alert has been issued for a kidnapped 5-year-old boy from Alabama.

The notification comes from the Alabama Department of Public Safety and the Albertville Police Department regarding Monday morning's disappearance of Geontae Glass, a black male who was last seen at 601 Baltimore Avenue in Albertville.

Geontae is approximately 3 feet tall, 65 pounds with brown eyes and black hair. He is considered to be in extreme danger.

Authorities said Geontae was in the back seat of a vehicle that was stolen by a black male. The suspect is described as between 5 feet, 9 inches tall, weighing 200 to 220 pounds.

The stolen car is a light blue, 1994 Nissan Altima, with no tag on the vehicle. It was last seen traveling south on Alabama Highway 206.

Troopers and Albertville police have turned to the public for assistance. If you have any information regarding the missing boy, please contact Albertville Police at 256-878-1212; State Troopers at 334-242-4128 or call your local police department.

http://www.11alive.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=88565

Poor little guy. I had forgotten that I had amber alerts for Alabama still on my cell phone and got the text messages.

I hope he is safe and I hope they find that scum that has put him in harms way.

How scary. The temperatures have dropped, and it is so cold. I hope they find him soon. Please keep us updated.

This is so sad :(

A 5-year-old boy who was asleep in the back of a car when it was stolen from a parking lot was found dead Tuesday morning in a neighboring county, authorities said.

The body of Geontae Glass was discovered in a rural area of Etowah County, said a dispatcher for that county's sheriff's department, who did not give her name. Officials planned to release details at a midmorning news conference, she said.

http://www.foxnews.com/wires/2006Dec05/0,4670,MissingChild,00.html

Rle7 said:
This is so sad :(

A 5-year-old boy who was asleep in the back of a car when it was stolen from a parking lot was found dead Tuesday morning in a neighboring county, authorities said.

The body of Geontae Glass was discovered in a rural area of Etowah County, said a dispatcher for that county's sheriff's department, who did not give her name. Officials planned to release details at a midmorning news conference, she said.

http://www.foxnews.com/wires/2006Dec05/0,4670,MissingChild,00.html
What a terrible way for this story to end. I am heartbroken. My prayers to the mother and family who must be devestated. You should never leave a child in a running vehicle - even for a short period of time.

How horrible! It sounds like she left the door unlocked and the car running. Just too easy to steal. They probably didn't even realize the boy was there until later. I wonder if the thief killed the boy or if he died of exposure.

This is a tragic reminder not to ever leave the kids in the car....

I wish this had turned out different...I was hoping for a better outcome.

I'm so heartbroken about this precious little boy. I was hoping that he would be returned safely. I'll never understand how a person can hurt a child. :furious:

Picture at link. That little boy was adorable!

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/10466319/detail.html

Sheriff: Stolen Car A Hoax; Mom, Man Held In Boy's Death

25-year-old Shalinda Glass of Rainbow City, and Kevin Andre Towles, who is believed to own the house where the body was found, are in jail.

It is not immediately clear if the boy was dead at the time the car was driven off in Albertville. Authorities at a midmorning news conference in Gadsden said a cause of death is still being determined.

That's terrible! Why do these mothers keep trying this hoax?

May G-d hold Geontae in his hand and comfort him.

MaxMoMom said:
So sad...looks like the mother made up the story...boyfriend is chief suspect

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/12/05/boy.dead/index.html

When I first read the story about the body being found, I had a terrible feeling in my gut that the mother had something to do with it.

I could not fathom why a car-jacker (or anyone else for that matter!) would kill a child.

How horrible. I hope there is swift justice for this little boy.

My thoughts and prayers are with the family and friends of Geontae.

Poor little boy. At least he is safe and at peace now.

I will never understand how a mother can see her boyfriend do that to her son, and then choose to not only stay with the guy but also help him dispose of the body to cover it up. :mad: :mad:

This is very similar to that other story of the little African American boy who had health problems and was supposedly stolen from his dad's SUV, I think? I believe it happened in Missouri. That little boy was never found.

Another thing that made me suspicous was how she told someone outside the convience store that someone had taken "her child and her car".

Really, if someone has your child.... do you even think about the car?!?!?!

At least she was kind enough to mention the child first.... but still.... who would even care about the car if you didn't know where your child was???

:mad:

5 years old, in kindergarten, and beaten to death for "bad progress report" from school! How can a mother protect her murderous boyfriend for such an atrocity?!

Hayes said Glass told police that her son, a kindergarten pupil, died from a beating after he brought home a bad progress report from school Friday. The mother had reported Monday morning that her car was stolen with her son asleep in the back seat in the parking lot of a convenience store in Albertville in neighboring Marshall County, about 80 miles northeast of Birmingham. Witnesses reported seeing a man get out of a pickup truck and get into the vehicle, then drive away while someone else drove off in the pickup truck.

Marshall County District Attorney Steve Marshall said investigators believe that the dead child was in the car when his mother went to the store with her 7-year-old daughter.
http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20061206/1030688.asp

So she was driving her 7 yr old daughter around with her dead brothers body in the veh?!!! What a sick sick **tch. I will NEVER understand how a mother can allow this to happen! May they both rot!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back