969 users online (176 members and 793 guests)  

Websleuths News

PA - Myron Simon, 53, Plum Borough, 2 Dec 2003

Who would this be?

TARENTUM, Pa. -- The car owned by a Plum man who went missing three years ago -- to the day -- was found Sunday.

Two people on a recreational drive under the Tarentum Bridge came across the car. They took note of the license plate and called police.

Emergency workers and divers pulled the car from the frigid Allegheny River waters.

Police found that the license plate matched that of a car belonging to a man who has been missing since Dec. 3, 2003.

More at link: http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/...0406&qs=1;bp=t

I did a search and found a man missing from Dec. 2nd 2003, which is the day before the owner of the car went missing. He is from Plum Borough, PA. I'm not sure if that is the same town as just Plum. His car is missing too: http://www.doenetwork.us/nampn/cases/simon_myron.html

Mt. Lookout, WV
    Hollywood, my guess is you found the right listing. I find these stories so strange that someone can be "missing" fairly close to where they should be, but circumstances, like the river, keep them hidden.

I'm sure family was holding out hope that he was somehow still alive, but at least they have answers.

I find these stories rather odd too. Seems like on a bridge the rail would keep the car from going over the edge into the water below. If the car really crashed through to fall into the river wouldn't the accident scene on the rail indicate there is a car that has crashed through and off the bridge.