728 users online (96 members and 632 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Conincidences Abound

A poster on another forum happend to remark about how alike JBR and Heather O'Rourke {poltergiest} look. So Im just surfing around about Heather and I stumble on the fact that her sister in the movie Dominique Dunne {daughter of Gregory Dunne}http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominique_Dunne
    was strangled by her boyfriend John Sweeny http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Thomas_Sweeney
    in 1982 right after a short abusive relationship. Sweeny gets only 6 years and is out in less than 3 for good behavior. Her father hires a PI Anthony Pellicino to follow Sweeny who changes his name to John Maura and moves to Seattle where Mr Dunne decides to stop following him.

An hour later I decide to re-read Death of A little Princess by Carlton Smith and while going over the Shreveport, Louisina "letter" he quotes Leslie Aaholm in January of 97 as saying "It could have been written in Seattle and flown to Shrevport and mailed there." she told the Post.

Why would she say it could have been written in Seattle? Did she just pick a random city or was there something about the letter that made her think that?
    Have they ever showed this letter to the public?

What is the Shreveport letter?

I agree about coincidences in this case. There are just way too many of them!! The creepiest is the bizarre fact Santa had a daughter kidnapped, in my opinion.

I would also like to know what the Lousiana letter is.

Absolutely LOVE your siggy, 4 sure. It says it all.

So Im just surfing around about Heather and I stumble on the fact that her sister in the movie Dominique Dunne {daughter of Gregory Dunne}
    Wrong, she was the daughter of Dominick Dunne.
    "If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you!"

The above post is my opinion and my opinion only. Please do not copy and past to other forums.

Quote Originally Posted by 4sure
    A poster on another forum happend to remark about how alike JBR and Heather O'Rourke {poltergiest} look. So Im just surfing around about Heather and I stumble on the fact that her sister in the movie Dominique Dunne {daughter of Gregory Dunne}http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominique_Dunne
    was strangled by her boyfriend John Sweeny http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Thomas_Sweeney
    in 1982 right after a short abusive relationship. Sweeny gets only 6 years and is out in less than 3 for good behavior. Her father hires a PI Anthony Pellicino to follow Sweeny who changes his name to John Maura and moves to Seattle where Mr Dunne decides to stop following him.

An hour later I decide to re-read Death of A little Princess by Carlton Smith and while going over the Shreveport, Louisina "letter" he quotes Leslie Aaholm in January of 97 as saying "It could have been written in Seattle and flown to Shrevport and mailed there." she told the Post.

Why would she say it could have been written in Seattle? Did she just pick a random city or was there something about the letter that made her think that?
    Have they ever showed this letter to the public?
    She was Dominick Dunne's daughter, not Gregory Dunne. And named for him...Dominique. Try and find Dominick's book "Justice, A Father's Account....." It's about the trial of his daughter's murderer.

What's the Louisianna letter?

Quote Originally Posted by cami
    She was Dominick Dunne's daughter, not Gregory Dunne. And named for him...Dominique. Try and find Dominick's book "Justice, A Father's Account....." It's about the trial of his daughter's murderer.

What's the Louisianna letter?
    Correct about the dad my mistake.

From "Death of A little Princess"

The mysterious appearance of the anonymous letter caused the rumor mill to grind to a sudden stop.

According to Boulder City spokeswoman Leslie Aaholm, the letter had arrived at the Boulder Police Department after having been postmarked in Shreveport, Louisiana in late January (97). "The letter" Aaholm said, "contained potentially significant infromation which is of interest to Boulder Investiagators."

....the city was revealing the leters existence in the hope that the letter writer would see the news coverage and contact the police directly.

....On Larry King Live Newsweek reporter Daniel Glick claims the letter was postmarked on December 27 not January 27 as claimed by Aaholm.

The Miss America pageant was just completed in Shreveport at the time the letter surfaced.

There are many rumors as to what this letter contained but I don't believe the public was ever allowed to see a copy of the letter.
    Which brings me to the strange quote from Aaholm

"Even the origin of Shreveport wasn't necessarily a clue," Aaholm said. "It could have been written in Seattle, flown to Shreveport, and mailed there," she told the Post.

I used to think she was just speculating erroneously but now I notice that this is a pretty specific speculation. Whats the actual date of the letter and why would she think it was written in Seattle and flowen to Shreveport and mailed from there to Boulder?

Strange

Correct about the dad my mistake.

From "Death of A little Princess"

The mysterious appearance of the anonymous letter caused the rumor mill to grind to a sudden stop.

According to Boulder City spokeswoman Leslie Aaholm, the letter had arrived at the Boulder Police Department after having been postmarked in Shreveport, Louisiana in late January (97). "The letter" Aaholm said, "contained potentially significant infromation which is of interest to Boulder Investiagators."

....the city was revealing the leters existence in the hope that the letter writer would see the news coverage and contact the police directly.

....On Larry King Live Newsweek reporter Daniel Glick claims the letter was postmarked on December 27 not January 27 as claimed by Aaholm.

The Miss America pageant was just completed in Shreveport at the time the letter surfaced.

There are many rumors as to what this letter contained but I don't believe the public was ever allowed to see a copy of the letter.
    Which brings me to the strange quote from Aaholm

"Even the origin of Shreveport wasn't necessarily a clue," Aaholm said. "It could have been written in Seattle, flown to Shreveport, and mailed there," she told the Post.

I used to think she was just speculating erroneously but now I notice that this is a pretty specific speculation. Whats the actual date of the letter and why would she think it was written in Seattle and flowen to Shreveport and mailed from there to Boulder?

Strange
    Thanks for the explanation. Yes, it's strange. Unsubstantiated I take it? Anyway, I think I have that book at home and have never read it completely. I might now...

Quote Originally Posted by cami
    Thanks for the explanation. Yes, it's strange. Unsubstantiated I take it? ...
    Its hard to tell. The book only mentions the letter briefly after this chapter. The writer I suppose never was identified. The letter was never released to the public. Can't imagine what the advantage would be for LE to invent such a letter. I would not think it's a case breaker or anything like that.

But I sure would like to see what got LE so worked up about it.

Hey Rube

How about Janet McReynolds? Lives right next door to the Ramsey's has a key to the house and a husband who plays Santa Clause to JBR. Turns out their daughter was kidnapped and forced to watch her friend molested by a unidentified man on of all nights 12.26! Not only that but she has a degree in Journalism and is a drama writer. Including a play "Hey Rube" in which a young girl is tortured, sexually assualted and murdered and found in the basement of her home.

Janet McReynolds refused to provide a copy of Hey Rube to dectives or members of the press.

Why?

How about Janet McReynolds? Lives right next door to the Ramsey's
    Bill and Janet McReynolds resided in Nederland. They did not live next door to the Ramseys.
    has a key to the house
    Somehow I doubt this.
    and a husband who plays Santa Clause to JBR.
    Bill McReynolds played the role of Santa for children other than just JonBenet.
    Turns out their daughter was kidnapped and forced to watch her friend molested by a unidentified man on of all nights 12.26!
    Yes, Dec 26, 1974 is when this occurred.
    Not only that but she has a degree in Journalism and is a drama writer.
    Patsy Ramsey graduated magna cum laude from West Virginia State University with a degree in journalism.

-Tea

How about Janet McReynolds? Lives right next door to the Ramsey's has a key to the house and a husband who plays Santa Clause to JBR. Turns out their daughter was kidnapped and forced to watch her friend molested by a unidentified man on of all nights 12.26! Not only that but she has a degree in Journalism and is a drama writer. Including a play "Hey Rube" in which a young girl is tortured, sexually assualted and murdered and found in the basement of her home.

Janet McReynolds refused to provide a copy of Hey Rube to dectives or members of the press.

Why?
    Geez 4sure, you are a wealth of misinformation!

Quote Originally Posted by narlacat
    Geez 4sure, you are a wealth of misinformation!
    Janet McReynolds did not live near the Ramseys. Nor husband ( Santa Claus ) Bill ... Are you thinking of the Barnhills. Across the street.

Quote Originally Posted by icedtea4me
    Bill and Janet McReynolds resided in Nederland. They did not live next door to the Ramseys.
    Somehow I doubt this.

-Tea
    Thank You Tea. I did cross my notes on the Barnhills with the McReynolds on place of residence and the key. Everything else stands.

I apologize for the inaccurate info I posted.

I just wish some others were big enough to do the same.

And I just noticed I incorrectly spelled the name of this thread. Duh.

However the point of the post still stands. This is one very big coincidence.

Why?
    And Patsy refused to turn over the clothing she was wearing the day JonBenet was found. I believe it was more than a year before this happened, and when she finally did, the detectives said the shirt was new.

Why?

And there's many more things the Ramsey's did, which is why it's hard to look at anyone other than them (as being involved).

Hope You Get Answers

Quote Originally Posted by luvbeaches
    And Patsy refused to turn over the clothing she was wearing the day JonBenet was found. I believe it was more than a year before this happened, and when she finally did, the detectives said the shirt was new. ...Why?.............
    And there's many more things the Ramsey's did, which is why it's hard to look at anyone other than them (as being involved).
    Yes, these are very strange things. I'm just bumping this up in hopes that more people might take a look, fwiw.

The R's did strange things, and, if the killers were known to them or outsiders, they may have done many MORE strange things than the R's, that we don't know about yet.

Even the type of friends the R's had is strange.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast