1143 users online (155 members and 988 guests)  

Websleuths News

WA - Serial killer Robert Yates on Death Row

I saw on a ticker on CTV that Robert Yates...Green River Serial killer...is asking the Supreme Court to drop the death penalty because he was given the death penalty over two of the women that he murdered. His reasoning...there have been worse killers then him that haven't received the death penalty!!!!

Does this monsters memory fail him or what...didn't he actually murder around 35-40 women? Worse killers then him??? How does he figure! I honestly couldn't believe what I was reading. I thought "this guy has got balls!"

Why is it that these guys think nothing of taking life after life after life but when it comes to them dying they will fight to the very end to live!

Question

Bobbi's Angel,

Robert Yates isn't the Green River killer, Gary Ridgway is. Yates is the Spokane, WA serial killer. When did Yates get the death penalty, I thought he pled out and got over 400 years in the state pen?
    "If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you!"

The above post is my opinion and my opinion only. Please do not copy and past to other forums.

http://www.karisable.com/skazyates.htm
    This may clear any confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sisters
    http://www.karisable.com/skazyates.htm
    This may clear any confusion.

Thank you for posting the article. I always get Robert Yates and Gary Ridgeway mixed up for some reason. They both deserved the death penalty! We will have to wait and see what the Supreme Court has to say about dropping the death penalty. I sure hope that they don't do that. He murdered a lot of women just because he enjoyed killing them...and then would have sex with them after they were dead...what a monster.

Quote Originally Posted by the original tez
    Bobbi's Angel,

Robert Yates isn't the Green River killer, Gary Ridgway is. Yates is the Spokane, WA serial killer. When did Yates get the death penalty, I thought he pled out and got over 400 years in the state pen?
    Yates pled out for the Spokane crimes, but he had a couple in Western Washington - different jurisdiction. He got the death penalty for those. Now his argument is that Ridgeway didn't get the death penalty, so neither should he. I think they should give him as much sympathy as they did his victims - none.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbisangel
    I saw on a ticker on CTV that Robert Yates...Green River Serial killer...is asking the Supreme Court to drop the death penalty because he was given the death penalty over two of the women that he murdered. His reasoning...there have been worse killers then him that haven't received the death penalty!!!!
    There are also guys on death row who are innocent. There are some there for just being there when someone ELSE killed someone, but if you're there, you're charged too. While I disagree with how the death penalty is applied, I still think his arguement is grandly stupid.
    FUN... is a renewable resource!

http://q13fox.com/2016/09/28/case-of...supreme-court/

The case of Spokane serial killer Robert Yates is heading back to the state Supreme Court, but itís unlikely heíll ever be a free man.

Yates is asking the high court to grant him a new sentencing hearing for two murders he committed in 1975.