1178 users online (199 members and 979 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Taco Bells remove all green onions

Taco Bell on Wednesday ordered the removal of green onions from its 5,800 restaurants nationwide after samples appeared to have a harsh strain of E. coli.
    The fast-food chain, whose restaurants were linked to a recent outbreak of E. coli in three states, said preliminary testing by an independent lab found positive results for the strain.

http://edition.cnn.com/2006/HEALTH/1....ap/index.html

I haven't had a Taco Bell in years.

Quote Originally Posted by Floh
    I haven't had a Taco Bell in years.
    I was just thinking that's a great thing to be able to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin
    I was just thinking that's a great thing to be able to say.
    Well, to be honest, i expect if there were a Taco Bell in Hamburg, i wouldn't be able to say it.

Didn't they do that once before...or was that their tomatoes then? I know they had something they removed a few years back.

If my kids had their Taco Bell taken away I'm not sure what might happen!!

My husband, one daughter, and a granddaughter think there is nothing like Taco Bell. They love it. Another daughter and I go only when the others insist. She insists she didn't get the Taco Bell gene that runs in the family. I like the green onions when I go. Hope they get it straightened out soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Annie
    My husband, one daughter, and a granddaughter think there is nothing like Taco Bell. They love it. Another daughter and I go only when the others insist. She insists she didn't get the Taco Bell gene that runs in the family. I like the green onions when I go. Hope they get it straightened out soon.
    I LOVE Taco Bell. My kids that are in college think it is the first major food group on the pyramid. The third word my son said was "beans". His first sentence was...Beans please. No kidding!~

Gross but true. One time my husband ate taco Bell and found a ball bearing in his meat. Now he won't eat there. I don't know why he didn't take it back up there but he did send an emial to the company that went unanswered.

I almost had Taco Bell for dinner Sat night and I live on LONG ISLAND!
    I am so relieved I chose pizza instead!!
    I read the book,"Chew on This" and have really resisted any urges to eat fast food since. I get nauseous when I think about all the gross stuff so it works as a deterrant (for fast food only, unfortunately). I think Chili's had a problem with the green onions not that long ago.

I once bit down on a staple in my taco from Taco Bell. I don't eat there very often; in fact none now. The meat is like little bits of grit, and slimy. Fast food at its worst.

Thumbs down

I once got Taco Bell and the meat in the tacos smelled rancid!!! That was years ago and the last time I ever ate there.
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

A couple years back in my grocery store, there was a sign over the green onions that said not to eat them raw. I heard it was because of the pickers not washing their hands properly.

I always eat green onions raw ... they are often on veggie trays with dip!

Boy, first spinach and now green onions Perhaps terrorists are finding a different way to contaminate us.
    I know, I know ... I am just paranoid.
    Rest in Peace to my best buddy and baby, Buster ~ He crossed the Rainbow Bridge on Jan. 3, 2011. I miss you, Buster and love you with all my being.

Rather than terrorists, think about the toileting facilities or lack thereof in the fields where migrant workers tend to the crops. On second thought, don't think about it. You will lose your appetite for sure. A friend who was in Vietnam says he has not been able to eat rice since then, having watched the natives defecate in the rice paddies.

Have to admit, I could live on Taco Bell alone! I have never seen/known they served green onions? What is it on? Maybe I just don't venture off what I order enough to know that! Don't eat their tomatoes, but I don't eat ANYONE's tomatoes, grew up on "home grown" can't do the "nasty ones!"

I love the taco bell taco's. I always get the 3 crispy tacos. I don't think that they have green onions in them though. I've never seen any anyway. If they are in there taco bell better get this straightened out right away!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast