1297 users online (204 members and 1093 guests)  

Websleuths News

View Poll Results: John's basement window story

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, John related an authentic account.

8 12.12%
  • No, John did not relate an authentic account.

49 74.24%
  • I am unable to decide.

9 13.64%

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

John's basement window story

Please read my sig and cast your vote.

I voted that it was not an authentic account primarily based on the last line.

-Tea

icedtea4me, is this in reference to breaking it the previous summer, or finding it open in the morning and closing it and then not telling anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie
    icedtea4me, is this in reference to breaking it the previous summer, or finding it open in the morning and closing it and then not telling anyone?
    It is in reference to John Ramsey's claim of breaking it the previous summer, Charlie.

-Tea

I voted for he completely made it up. Why would he say, "That's probably how I would have done it?" Either he did that way or he didn't - how does "probably" come in unless he doesn't really know what he's talking about because he hasn't done it? He doesn't even remember which direction he was facing. Come on. It just doesn't sound like he's remembering a real incident.

He lied.

"I bear the chain I forged in life...I made it of my own free will and of my own free will I wore it....your chain was fully as long as this seven Christmas Eve's ago - and you have labored on it since." Jacob Marley

MURDERER'S! You know g**damn well what happened to your kid so stop playing the victim and just confess you lying murdering liars! - Mr. Chris Stotch - South Park

All posts are my opinion only.

Quote Originally Posted by icedtea4me
    I voted that it was not an authentic account primarily based on the last line.
    -Tea
    Brilliant observation, Tea! For John Ramsey actually theorizes how he "would have" climbed through that window, which suggests that he never did climb through it.

Then you had reach in to unlatch the window, and if it's stuck, you just pop it open. I mean, I don't remember if I slid in face forward or a turned around. Probably turned around, turn around backwards and put your needs on the ledge here and let your feet in and then just drop down. That's probably how I would have done it? - John Ramsey during his June 1998 interrogation telling Det Lou Smit how he climbed into the basement window after he had broken it in the summer of 1996.
    I'm no native speaker - what exactly does John mean by "face-forward"? That he nose-dived through the window into the basement?

Quote Originally Posted by rashomon
    Brilliant observation, Tea! For John Ramsey actually theorizes how he "would have" climbed through that window, which suggests that he never did climb through it.

I'm no native speaker - what exactly does John mean by "face-forward"? That he nose-dived through the window into the basement?
    I was born here and that didn't make any more sense to me than it did to you. Face forward would hav kerplunked him to the floor face first wouldn't it?

I think he means sliding in on his back by "face-forward", as in he is facing forward. That would probably have left his back scratched from scraping against the sill as he let himself down. As he tells the story, he's thinking it through, and realizing he'd have to let himself in on his stomach, so he has more control over the descent.

No matter what he meant, it doesn't sound like he ever actually did it. It sounds like he's going through the motions in his head to me.

Quote Originally Posted by coloradokares
    I was born here and that didn't make any more sense to me than it did to you. Face forward would hav kerplunked him to the floor face first wouldn't it?
    Yes, and you'd think he would have remembered that,broken nose and all..
    something to ponder:

When the corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and the mortal have put on immortality, then shall we be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

O death, where [is] thy sting? O grave, where [is] thy victory?

The sting of death [is] sin; and the strength of sin [is] the law.
    But thanks [be] to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
    1 Corinthians 15:54-57

Quote Originally Posted by Nuisanceposter
    I think he means sliding in on his back by "face-forward", as in he is facing forward. That would probably have left his back scratched from scraping against the sill as he let himself down. As he tells the story, he's thinking it through, and realizing he'd have to let himself in on his stomach, so he has more control over the descent.

No matter what he meant, it doesn't sound like he ever actually did it. It sounds like he's going through the motions in his head to me.
    Me too.And I think face-fwd would have left him with a broken back.
    something to ponder:

When the corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and the mortal have put on immortality, then shall we be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

But thanks [be] to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuisanceposter
    I voted for he completely made it up. Why would he say, "That's probably how I would have done it?" Either he did that way or he didn't - how does "probably" come in unless he doesn't really know what he's talking about because he hasn't done it? He doesn't even remember which direction he was facing. Come on. It just doesn't sound like he's remembering a real incident.
    In statement analysis,describing past events in the present tense indicates the person is inventing,rather than remembering real events as they happened.
    something to ponder:

Not only didn't he ever go through that window, he didn't leave it broken in December in Boulder CO.

I find it interesting John Ramsey goes looking for clues on the morning his daughter is kidnapped by a MONITORING foreign faction who threatens to kill her and John shuts the window and goes about his business looking for CLUES to an intruder!
    -
    My opinion and nothing but my opinion.

Tor:Con Index link below. Will show you the probability of a tornado happening in your area.
    http://www.weather.com/news/tornado-torcon-index

FEMA's link for Emergency Supplies list below or what you need to survive for three days in case help is not immediately available to you.
    http://www.ready.gov/document/family-supply-list

You can also purchase a weather radio which will inform you of severe weather even if your electricity goes out. Runs on batteries of course.

For those who have voted yes, what was it about John's account which led you to believe it was authentic?

-Tea

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast