1061 users online (220 members and 841 guests)  

Websleuths News

Woman lights match on plane after passing gas

NASHVILLE, Tennessee (AP) -- It is considered polite to light a match after passing gas. Not while on a plane.

An American Airlines flight was forced to make an emergency landing Monday morning after a passenger lit a match to disguise the scent of flatulence, authorities said.

The Dallas-bound flight was diverted to Nashville after several passengers reported smelling burning sulfur from the matches, said Lynne Lowrance, spokeswoman for the Nashville International Airport Authority. All 99 passengers and five crew members were taken off and screened while the plane was searched and luggage was screened.

The FBI questioned a passenger who admitted she struck the matches in an attempt to conceal a "body odor," Lowrance said. She had an unspecified medical condition, authorities said.

"It's humorous in a way but you feel sorry for the individual, as well," she said. "It's unusual that someone would go to those measures to cover it up."

More: http://www.cnn.com/2006/TRAVEL/12/06....ap/index.html
    Rest in Peace to my best buddy and baby, Buster ~ He crossed the Rainbow Bridge on Jan. 3, 2011. I miss you, Buster and love you with all my being.

OMG I bet she wants to die of embarassment!

What a stupid, ridiculous thing to do. So she farted. Big deal.

Why didn't she confess to lighting a match when everyone was worried about smelling a burning odor in the plane? Geez.

Quote Originally Posted by julianne
    What a stupid, ridiculous thing to do. So she farted. Big deal.

Why didn't she confess to lighting a match when everyone was worried about smelling a burning odor in the plane? Geez.
    Good question.

It isn't smart to light a match on a plane. She had to have known that. This is very odd!!
    Rest in Peace to my best buddy and baby, Buster ~ He crossed the Rainbow Bridge on Jan. 3, 2011. I miss you, Buster and love you with all my being.

why didn't she use some gas medecine or go to the bathroom? I hope nobody missed their connecting flights b/c of this.

Stinky and stupid is a bad way to go through life.

This woman is a big ol' dummy. Geez, talk about taking a bad situation and making it worse!