NH NH - Tammy Belanger, 8, Exeter, 13 Nov 1984

Jenn35

Reaction score
I live in NH and have always thought about this little girl and what may have happened to her.

Yes I do.I was 15 at the time.The story really haunts me.Now because of that case you must call your child in sick to school or they will call you if your child does not show up for school.It always seemed like nothing like that could happen around here but it did.I know one suspect was closely watched but I don't believe any thing ever came of it.

Tammy Lyn Belanger
Missing since November 13, 1984 from Exeter, Rockingham County, New Hampshire
Classification: Non-Family Abduction

Vital Statistics
Date Of Birth: February 24, 1976
Age at Time of Disappearance: 8 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 4'6; 70 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown straight hair; brown eyes. She has a slender build with a fair complexion.
Clothing: Tan corduroys, tan suede boots, a purple sweater, and aqua jersey with thin black and white stripes, a tan short jacket with blue sleeves and green and blue socks. She also had a red backpack.
Marks, Scars: Her left eye turns outward.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Belanger was last seen at approximately 8:00 AM on November 13, 1984 in Exeter, New Hampshire. She was crossing Court Street as she headed to Exeter Elementary School for the day. Belanger never arrived and has not been seen again.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning Belanger's whereabouts, please contact:

Exeter Police Department Lt. Stephen Dockery 603-772-1212

You may remain anonymous when submitting information.
NCIC Number: M-137752243
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
The National Center For Missing and Exploited Children
doenetwork.org

LINK:
http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/213dfnh.html

Here is another 1984 case of a missing 8 year-old girl which appears to be related to Tammy Belanger's disappearance:

-------------------------------------------

Marjorie Christina Luna
Missing since May 27, 1984 from Greenacres City, Palm Beach County, Florida.
Classification: Non Family Abduction

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: April 7, 1976
Age at Time of Disappearance: 8 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 4'0; 60 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Light brown hair; hazel eyes. She has a fair complexion. Her nickname is "Christy."
Medical Conditions: Luna has a slight speech impediment. She also has difficulty hearing.
Marks, Scars: Strawberry birthmark on right side of back.
Clothing: A turquoise bodysuit, barefoot
Dentals: Not available. Luna's teeth are crooked.

Luna was last seen at a neighborhood store in her hometown of Greenacres City, Florida on May 27, 1984. She purchased cat food and left the store at approximately 3:00 PM. The business was located 400 yards from Luna's home. Foul play is suspected in Luna's disappearance.

A possible connection to a longtime suspect has emerged in 2004. The suspect was reportedly at a party in Luna's neighborhood the day she disappeared, and a man fitting his description was seen outside the store.
Not long after Christy's disappearance, The suspect moved back up to New Hampshire and got a job in the small town of Exeter.

On November 13, 1984, Tammy Lyn Belanger disappeared on her way to her elementary school, around the corner from the body shop where The suspect worked.

He quickly became the primary suspect in her disappearance as well, though he has never been charged, and her body has never been found.
The suspect has always denied meeting Christy, but authorities are hoping for the first time that traces of cat hair can link him to her.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning Luna's whereabouts, please contact:
Greenacres Police Department Sgt. William Springer
561-688-4013

E-Mail groupps@ci.greenacres.fl.us

All information may be submitted anonymously.

Agency Number: 5843968
NCIC Number: M-211599738
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
The National Center For Missing and Exploited Children
Florida State Attorney's Office
Palm Beach Post - May 27, 2004
doenetwork.org

LINK:
http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/304dffl.html

Marjorie Christina Luna's case seems to be connected to that of Tammy Bellanger. But for lack of solid evidence, the suspect was never prosecuted.

Who is he? Where has he been since? Maybe some other cases can be linked to these two disappearances.

I did a google search for Victor Wonyetye and found an obituary of who I assume is his sister. I am assuming because it says she is from this area in NH also. It says he is from Pennsylvania. I remember when I was a teenager he lived (or worked?) in Somersworth NH,where I grew up and there was a lot of suspicion on him then.

I did a google search for Victor Wonyetye and found an obituary of who I assume is his sister. I am assuming because it says she is from this area in NH also. It says he is from Pennsylvania. I remember when I was a teenager he lived (or worked?) in Somersworth NH,where I grew up and there was a lot of suspicion on him then.

A search turned up someone by the same name currently living in Lake Worth, FL, birth year 1937. Middle initial C matches newspaper reports. Don't know if it's the same guy, but couldn't find him on any sexual offender lists anywhere. i hope he hasn't slipped through the cracks.

http://p076.ezboard.com/fmissing87975frm87.showNextMessage?topicID=3.topic

This is a link to another board where I had sent in several articles on this case a few years back. There is a screen shot of WONYETYE, VICTOR G from the Florida State Prison along with all of his information date of birth ect. He would not be found on the sex offender reg. because I don't believe he has actually been convicted if a sex crime, quite a few burglaries though and on going cases. The thing I find interesting though is that his estimated date of release was 2015 yet when I visit the FL state prison site now he is not listed as an inmate. This could be because he was transferred to another prison but I cannot find any records of that so far. I am looking though. To me is is quite obvious that the Luna and Belanger case are related, there are way too many similarities and one common factor, Victor.

Edited to add Victor was convicted of molesting his 11 year old step daughter in 1979 I was incorrect in my post above

A search turned up someone by the same name currently living in Lake Worth, FL, birth year 1937. Middle initial C matches newspaper reports. Don't know if it's the same guy, but couldn't find him on any sexual offender lists anywhere. i hope he hasn't slipped through the cracks.

You probably have the correct person. The name Wonyetye is a quite rare one. There are only three persons by that name/spelling in the Social Security Death Index nationwide. All were living in the Lake Worth, FL area. Here is a listing for a man named Victor Wonyetye - probably the father of the man in question:

Name VICTOR WONYETYE
Birth date 17 Nov 1912
Death date 21 Jan 1988
Last residence Zip Code 33466 (Lake Worth, Palm Beach, FL)
Last Social Security paid to zip code 33460 (Lake Worth, Palm Beach, FL)
SSN 192-10-3245
Issued by state of Pennsylvania

If this is the case, then one of two possibilities exist:

1. The Victor Wonyetye born in 1937 may have been released from prison and living in Lake Worth.

2. He may have a son by the same name who is living in Lake Worth.

Here is some information about Victor G. Wonyetye from the Florida Prison Inmate Locator. He has a photo at the site.

He is indeed still incarcerated. His birthdate is 7 May 1943. So he would have been 41 Years old when Tammy and Marjorie went missing in 1984.

The record in the Florida system only goes back to 1991. He was likely active for many years before that. How many victims were there in the years before his convictions and incarceration?

---------------------------------------
Name WONYETYE, VICTOR G
DC Number 621378
Race WHITE
Sex MALE
Release Date 08/14/2012
Current Facility S.F.R.C SOUTH UNIT
Birth Date 05/07/1943
-----------------------
DC Number: 621378
Name: WONYETYE, VICTOR G
Race: WHITE
Sex: MALE
Hair Color: BLACK
Eye Color: BROWN
Height: 6'00''
Weight: 200 lbs.
Birth Date: 05/07/1943
Initial Receipt Date: 06/04/1992
Current Facility: S.F.R.C SOUTH UNIT
Current Custody: MEDIUM
Current Release Date: 08/14/2012

(Release Date subject to change pending gain time award, gain time forfeiture, or review. A 'TO BE SET' Release Date is to be established pending review.)

Aliases:
VICTOR WONYETYE VICTOR G WONYETYE

Scars, Marks, and Tattoos:
Type Location Description
TATTOO LEFT ARM FRAN ON LEFT UPPER ARM

Current Prison Sentence History:
Offense Date Offense Sentence Date County Case No. Prison Sentence Length
05/29/1991 BURGUNOCCSTRUC/CV OR ATT.
05/12/1992 PALM BEACH 9106680 10Y 0M 0D
06/01/1991 BURGUNOCCSTRUC/CV OR ATT.(ATTEMPTED)
06/01/1991 BURGLARY TOOLS-POSSESS
05/23/1991 BURG/DWELL/OCCUP.CONVEY 05/12/1992 PALM BEACH
9106680 30Y 0M 0D

Note: The offense descriptions are truncated and do not necessarily reflect the crime of conviction. Please refer to the court documents or the Florida Statutes for further information or definition.
Incarceration History:
Date In-Custody Date Out-of-Custody
06/04/1992 Currently Incarcerated

Source:
Inmate Population Information List

LINK:
http://www.dc.state.fl.us/ActiveInm...LL&subjecttype=ALL&facility=ALL&workskill=ALL

Do we know when he moved back to NH? It just says shortly after Luna's disappearance on May 27, 1984. Shirley McBride disappeared on July 13, 1984.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/311dfnh.html

Shirley Anne McBride
Missing since July 13, 1984 from Concord, Merrimack County, New Hampshire.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics Date Of Birth: April 5, 1969
Age at Time of Disappearance: 15 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'6; 110 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; blue eyes.
Marks, Scars: One foot turns in slightly when walking
Clothing: She was wearing light summer clothing at the time of her disappearance.
Dentals: Inner edges of front teeth chipped
AKA: Tippy

McBride was last seen leaving her leaving her sister’s apartment in Concord, New Hampshire on July 13, 1984.
She left behind money, clothing, and other personal effects. Although this case has not been ruled a homicide, the circumstances surrounding her disappearance would suggest foul play was involved.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning McBride's whereabouts, please contact:
Concord Police Department
603-225-8600

All information may be submitted anonymously.
NCIC Number:
M-208880043
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case. Source Information:
National Center for Missing Adults
Concord Regional Crimeline

What's interesting to me is that all three girls, Tammy, Marjorie, and Shirley all had some sort of deformity/disability. Tammy (NH) had sort of a lazy eye, Marjorie (FL) had a speech impediment as well as a hearing problem, and Shirley (NH) had a problem with her foot, as well as chipped teeth.

I grew up and still live near Exeter, NH. This case is always been in the back of my mind and I would love to see it solved. I tried looking into it a few years back and purchased archived news clippings, I posted them on another site but it never went anywhere. I was just re reading the article posted here and this really stuck out:

Victor G. Wonyetye Jr. was named as a suspect in her case shortly after she disappeared. Wonyetye was employed at Brad's Custom Auto Body on Main Street in Exeter in 1984, which was located several blocks from where Belanger was last seen. Police found a photograph of Belanger in his house as well.

I believe that this is the first I read, I will research this further but I am hopeing that perhaps someone else in the area familiar with the case will have further details. Was it confirmed that the photo found in Victor's house was Tammy? If so, was it a school photo a photo that could have been taken by him after she went missing? If in fact this was in his possession why is LE not riding his butt? Any ideas or input is much appreciated!

Bugaboo: I am going to see if I can find where Victor was living at the time of Shirley's dissappearance. I am not very good at this sort of thing but I will try!!

Scratch that I found an article stating that the photo looked like Tammy but was not her. I don't see that the girl in the photo was identified, could it be Shirley? I have not seen anything linking the 2 cases but will look into it. I am going to try and find out exactly Victor arrived in New Hampshire if I can, I am not really good at this but I will do my best! The photo that he had was a published photo from when she went missing. hummm, what need would he have for that?

A photograph found in the room of a man questioned in the 1984 disappearance of a New Hampshire girl was of a different girl, police say.

Police had said they found a picture of 8-year-old Tammy Belanger of Exeter, N.H., in Victor Wonyetye 's room June 4, when they searched the home he shared with his mother in Lake Worth.

Palm Beach County sheriff's Lt. Steve Newell said Tuesday that the picture was of "someone who looks similar to, but is not, Tammy." He did not know who the girl in the photo is.

Wonyetye also has been questioned in the disappearance of another 8-year- old, Christy Luna of Greenacres, police saidWonyetye has denied any knowledge of either disappearance.

Police have videotaped him as he allegedly looked into bedroom windows and masturbated while watching young girls sleep.

He was charged in June with eight counts of burglary, 10 trespassing charges and seven counts of exposure of a sexual organ. He pleaded innocent to the charges last month.

Edited to Add, I have discovered that Victor was not in NH at the time of Shirley's dissappearance. He returned to NH on Nov. 2nd after doing time for a burglary charge in Florida. There is a time line in one of the articles posted here:

http://p076.ezboard.com/fmissing87975frm87.showMessage?topicID=2.topic

The original link that I had posted with many of the case details has changed. Here is the new link:

http://missing87975.yuku.com/topic/2572/t/UNSOLVED-CHILD-ABDUCTION-TAMMY-LYN-BELANGER.html

Every so often this case comes back to me and I would love to see Justice for Tammy after all this time but sadly I don't feel that the day will ever come. I would love to help but don't know what I could do. I was re reading today and I had an idea that may sound far fetched but I wanted to post it here to get your thoughts.

It is stated i one of the articles at the link I have posted thatthe POI in this case, Victor Wonyetye stated the following:

Leathe, manager of the motor inn where Wonyetye lived, remembers watching a TV news report about the girl's disappearance and asking Wonyetye

"Do you think they'll ever find that girl?"

"Not now they won't," she said he told her.

From what I have read Victor seemed pretty confident that he could hide a body where it would not be found and also stated so to a co worker:

Paul Dubay, who worked with Wonyetye before Tammy disappeared, said he used to talk about disposing of bodies.

"He told us, if we ever wanted to get rid of a body, he'd know how to do it," Dubay said. "We never knew what he meant by that.

"At the time, it didn't seem important."

My fiancee works at a scrap yard and him talking about the tasks that they do in the course of daily work got me thinking.

Victor worked at an auto body shop, Brad's Auto Body, I also saw that he worked at Ben's auto body which is on the same road that I work on. My fiancee confirmed that they do get several scrap cars from auto body garages. Usually when the vehicle is from a garage it has already been stripped of things of value such as converters and the gas is usually already drained. These types of vehicles are not typically checked as they have already been stripped so they are crushed immediately. Once crushed they are sent with the other crushed vehicles to be shredded to pieces.

Is it possible that he could have put Tammy's body in the trunk of a vehicle that was then scrapped and crushed? If he was so sure she would never be found I don't think that she was dumped in a remote location he must have gone to great lengths to ensure that there would be nothing left of her to find. If this is the case I can't think of any way that this poor girl will ever be found and her killer brought to justice, that breaks my heart.

Let me know what you all think if this idea and if there is anything at all that I could do on my end to get them to re investigate this case

LorinMarie, I think that is very possible with the scrap cars.

I've never read about this case and it's sad to think what her family must have went through in all these years. And to just never know what happened to a loved one, a horrible thing to live with.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahlm8627
Back