10-month-old drowns in toilet

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
Why do parents leave their little ones unattended!!!!???!!

~~~~~~

LONDON, Kentucky (AP) -- A 10-month-old girl drowned after falling into a toilet in her family's home, police said.
Brianna Morgan, who had just begun learning to crawl and walk, got into the bathroom, then pulled herself on top of her mother's jewelry box which was on the floor, police said. She apparently leaned over and fell headfirst into the toilet, which held six inches (15 centimeters) of water.

Full Story from CNN
http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/South/01/29/toilet.drowning.ap/index.html

I was thinking the same thing yesterday. Our local paper told of a 7 month old who drowned in the bathtub. The mother left her unattended with a 4 year old while she went to get towels and a diaper. (Should have gotten BEFORE the bath)
These mothers are so absent-minded :rolleyes:

That is horrible!!! It's terrible that babies are left unattended like that. Where were the parents???

alpharee said:
I was thinking the same thing yesterday. Our local paper told of a 7 month old who drowned in the bathtub. The mother left her unattended with a 4 year old while she went to get towels and a diaper. (Should have gotten BEFORE the bath)
These mothers are so absent-minded :rolleyes:
Somebody tell me WHERE the mother had to go for the towels and diapers? Japan? A kid doesn't drown in two minutes, although they can get a lungful of water, but that can easily be dispelled by a parent. (don't get me wrong, leaving a 7 month old in a tub with a 4 year old in charge is stupid)

Nobody can watch their child every second of every day. But I sure don't understand why they don't wonder where their children are after five minutes. And if you'd just close the toilet lid, you'd have a few extra minutes to catch up with them when they slip away.

I will never understand these Mothers like this.......I know how babies are, been there, done that, but I NEVER left my child unattended. My child was never out of my sight more than a few seconds. NEVER. Some call me overprotective but I just call me safe :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rainydaze17
Back