734 users online (110 members and 624 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Do his parents know the truth?

Although I came to the point where I actually detested them, in the Scott Peterson case I felt sorry at first for his parents. Of course, later on I felt they were obstructing.

In this case, I wonder what these parents are thinking at this point? I wonder what I would think or do in these circumstances? Somebody (the step father in law?) obviously determined early on that he needed to be hooked up with a criminal attorney. Apparently one of the best money can buy in that area. I suppose, as a parent, that is about all you can do for your child under these circumstances.

I know that in this circumstance I would tell my child that I love him and always will, but that if he has done this that he must confess at this time.

Unhappy

Yes. they know, but can't bear to believe it is so. what parent could?

Well, his step-dad did say LE would probably try to pin this on him which is why he advised him to get an attorney.

I've never heard a word uttered by this POS, but I would imagine he's probably a smooth talker and has his parents convinced he didn't do it. His parent's are probably thinking, "Just because he had a g/f, it doesn't mean he's a murderer." LOL, I've already seen this posted on another board.

I think we've heard that one before.

JMHO
    fran

I don't believe JY would tell them anything about the girlfriend until he was cornered into admitting it - so I think he may be doing a bit of explaining today. But it will mean little overall except perhaps confirm for the step dads his original thought that LE would try to pin it on him and be less than truthful with JY. I doubt the knowledge of an extra marital affair will change anything or raise any question in the direction of JY from his family. JMO
    Racing Doesn't Lie

Right Fran. Next thing we will hear from his step-dad is that alot of men have affairs when their wife is pregnant.

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Quote Originally Posted by packerdog
    Right Fran. Next thing we will hear from his step-dad is that alot of men have affairs when their wife is pregnant.
    That's what I'm expecting.

As a parent, I would drag my boy down the station by the earlobes...both if I had to and got him to co-operate, whether I thought him guilty or innocent. Even if it meant that some dirty laundry would come out somewhere..........

But then again my 19 year old is on his computer 16 hours a day. He's a software programmer and doesn't have time for one girlfriend let alone two, lol.

I mentioned this on another thread. Does any parent ever just tell their guilty (IMO) kid, "son, I think you did it, and if you did, you better tell me now! Better to deal with it early on than drag it on longer than necessary."

Quote Originally Posted by DEPUTYDAWG
    I mentioned this on another thread. Does any parent ever just tell their guilty (IMO) kid, "son, I think you did it, and if you did, you better tell me now! Better to deal with it early on than drag it on longer than necessary."
    I really think Neil Entwhistle's father did. honestly i do. Neil Entwhistle has yet to admit his guilt. but not for want of his father trying to make him.

JMO.

They have to know unless they are in deep denial. Then again, JY thought he could get away with murder, despite all his alibi's...so who knows what his parents think. Don't they watch TV?! Gosh, the Michael Peterson case happened practically in their backyard!

I'm not sure how long the stepdad has been a father figure for him, but I think that alone allows the stepdad to be less emotional about this situation and more logical-as far as a defense strategy goes. Then again, he might have been a father figure from early on and JY is like his own son.

Where is JY's bio dad?

I will say that even if they have an inkling he might had murdered MY, they better keep Cassidy safe from him.

I don't want to see a hostage situation going down. Suicide-by-cop. He's such a weanie though...I doubt that will happen.

Gosh, everytime I think of JY I start singing "I wear my sunglasses at night"!

Quote Originally Posted by packerdog
    You read my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Samiya
    As a parent, I would drag my boy down the station by the earlobes...both if I had to and got him to co-operate, whether I thought him guilty or innocent. Even if it meant that some dirty laundry would come out somewhere..........

But then again my 19 year old is on his computer 16 hours a day. He's a software programmer and doesn't have time for one girlfriend let alone two, lol.
    Me too, Samiya.

In fact I took my oldest daughter back to the store when she was 5 because a candy bar miraculously appeared in her pocket after we left. I called the manager ahead of time and told her to really give her a hard time about it. I'm glad I did that though because the manager originally said "oh just let her pay for it".

My daughter told me that scarred her for life! :evilgrin:

Oops, sorry. I digress.

I cannot believe that I am one of the few parents that speak very openly to their children...my oldest child is a son and will be 21 next month. I dont remember what happened but I do remember telling him...its time that you act like a young man and tell the truth. Yes you might get into trouble and you most likely will receive some type of punishment, but its better to tell the truth now instead of carrying around all that guilt. I do know that he told the truth and because he did his punishment wasnt so severe (this was something that happened at school----I think he got caught with tabacco products) I was furious with him, and as far as I know he has not touched a can of tabacco since that time.

After all that I read on WS I have told both children that I dont care how old you are.. I will voice my opinion loud and clear when I think that you have done something wrong or is against the morals and values that I have taught. Even when I am 80 and you are 50...both of them have laughed and told their friends that they know that I will do just that.

Quote Originally Posted by fran
    Well, his step-dad did say LE would probably try to pin this on him which is why he advised him to get an attorney.

I've never heard a word uttered by this POS, but I would imagine he's probably a smooth talker and has his parents convinced he didn't do it. His parent's are probably thinking, "Just because he had a g/f, it doesn't mean he's a murderer." LOL, I've already seen this posted on another board.

I think we've heard that one before.

JMHO
    fran

fran, this is what makes this so sh^tty. Jason probably blubbered to his mom and stepdad how he was having an affair, but he didn't kill his pregnant wife. Maybe his girlfriend did, but heaven forbid, he didn't do it.

Upchuck....

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteWolf
    fran, this is what makes this so sh^tty. Jason probably blubbered to his mom and stepdad how he was having an affair, but he didn't kill his pregnant wife. Maybe his girlfriend did, but heaven forbid, he didn't do it.

Upchuck....
    I agree with you, Whitewolf and have wondered what he may, or may not have told his parents. Your post could be 'bagn on' .... and that's why G Mc was so feisty about JY getting "the best". I always believe there is a huge canyon that falls between logic and denial. Many do not WANT to build a bridge across that canyon - perhaps because of convenience, shame, keeping up appearances (ehem), a hidden resent for those in the "other" camp .... and insecurity.

In ISP's case, here we had parents that were relatively well off, ran their own business, were quick enough to come up with a zillion answers to defend Scoot, spent millions on his defense - lived in a fair part of town, good cars, etc .... they were not uneducated, underprivileged folk with no access to information, reasearch and the full investigation of Scott's case. Yet they would NOT join the dots of screaming logic? Just doesn't gel. However - that's their option in life, sadly. I certainly would make my life miserable to make my "little boy", a.k.a. The Kid feel better. He's a d-murderer; had a fair trial - got convicted and is one day going to die for it.

Fran, packerdog: agreed, lol .... "Just because he had an affair doesn't mean he's a murderer...."

Taxi... Hey there! Great realtionship you have with your kids! I would do as Sami said: grab them by the earlobes and deal with it.

I bet there WILL be more stories of his cheating ways coming out!!!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast