974 users online (197 members and 777 guests)  

Websleuths News

TN - Three fetuses found in dead woman's freezer, 28 Nov 2006

COLUMBIA, Tenn. The remains of what were tentatively identified as three human fetuses or infants were discovered in the freezer of a woman who was found dead in her home last month.

A family member who was clearing out the apartment discovered the bodies bagged in a freezer Thursday, Detective Lt. Michelle Jones said.

The age and cause of death will be determined in an autopsy expected to be done Saturday by state Medical Examiner Dr. Bruce Levy.

"The cold conditions do certain things to the flesh. It's kind of hard to comment on the age now," Jones said. "These were not like 9-pound babies. They were smaller in nature."

Jones said 35-year-old Tracy Howard lived alone in the apartment. Her body was found there Nov. 28 after co-workers became concerned when she didn't show up for work.

An initial autopsy showed she died of natural causes, but toxicology reports are pending.

"There was no indication from the scene that pointed to investigators that it might be suicide," Jones said. "It appeared natural, even though she was 35."

hipmamajen is offline I love the friends I have gathered together on this thin raft...
    Wow, I wonder what the story is? That just seems so disturbing to me...

north carolina
    This is gross. Having fetuses next to the meat. yuck.

Somewhere over the rainbow
    There will be autopsies and DNA tests done over the weekend. Police are hoping this will tell them if Ms Howard is the mother or not. Family members are saying they never knew her to be pregnant. No word yet on the toxicology reports. This really has the city of Columbia buzzing. Things like that just don't happen here....it's very disturbing.

Is it possible these were miscarriages? If that's possible, then it is probably the best scenario in this case. Maybe that is why the family never knew her to be pregnant. Maybe she couldn't carry any of them to term. That's awful, but I would rather it be that, than something more sinister.