PA - Mumia Abu-Jamal imprisoned for murder of Officer Daniel Faulkner

Karole28

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Maureen Faulkner says she has spent half her life seeking peace.

She is 50 now, and it was 25 years ago today that her husband of one year, Police Officer Daniel Faulkner, was shot dead on a Center City street, a crime for which Mumia Abu-Jamal was convicted and sentenced to death.

Yesterday, Maureen Faulkner hosted a luncheon at the Union League to keep her husband's memory alive and to honor District Attorney Lynne M. Abraham for steadfastly challenging Abu-Jamal's many appeals.

Today, Abu-Jamal's supporters plan to protest at City Hall to mark the anniversary of the crime that put him in jail, while Faulkner's family will attend a memorial Mass at Annunciation Church in South Philadelphia.

Click

MUMIDIOTS!:furious:

They're at it again. Mumidiots. There's some British guy made a film about the cold blooded murder of Officer Danny Faulkner.

The film is called "In Prison My Whole Life" because one of the central charachters of the trash I mean film was born on the evening that Mumia Jamal stood over Officer Danny Faulkner and shot him point blank. William Francone explains his mamma reminded him every single birthday that came around that was one more year the murderer spent in prison.

Ummmmmmmmm, maybe she should have reminded her son that was one more year that Officer Faulkner's family grieved. One more year the City Of Philadelphia was missing one good police officer. That was one more year that Officer Faulkner's widow would fight to keep Mumia locked up. One more year that friends, family on the force and citizens of Philadelphia remember Officer Danny Faulkner.

He"l with these people made this film and he*l with the French and their crapolla about Mumia, and he*l to all the Mumidiots walk among us spending their trust fund money or wiring mommy and daddy for loot while they protest something they know nothing about.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

http://www.opednews.com/maxwrite/diarypage.php?did=9228

I really can't stand these people. Where do they get off continually trying to villanize a murdered police officer? Anyone who knew him would tell you that Officer Faulkner was a wonderful, honest man who was kind to everyone regardless of color, race, heritage, class, etc. And he was murdered in cold blood by this bas***d who know has become famous around the world and has his own radio show, books, websites, and, thanks to those stupid French, his own street. All of his appeals have been thrown out, over and over again. I really wish prison justice could take effect and take this guy out.

The Supreme Court sent the case back to the US Court of Appeals in Philadelphia in 2008. They refused to hear it-the basis for the appeal to the SJC was jury issues. Abu-Jamal's appear is being compared to an Ohio case with similar jury issues that was ruled on by the SJC.

The Appeals Court has agreed to hear the appeals in the case rather than simply ruling from submitted briefs etc.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100922/ap_on_re_us/us_mumia_abu_jamal

"Abu-Jamal has argued in numerous appeals that racism by the trial judge and prosecutors corrupted his 1982 conviction at the hands of a mostly white jury. Those appeals have so far failed.

Prosecutors, meanwhile, have fought a federal judge's 2001 decision to grant Abu-Jamal a new sentencing hearing because of the flawed jury instructions. The flaw relates to whether jurors understood how to weigh mitigating circumstances that might have kept Abu-Jamal from being executed. Under state law, jurors did not have to unanimously agree on a mitigating circumstance."

It just goes on and on and on...

A bit off-topic, but here in California, there MIGHT be an execution next week, asssuming some judge doesn't come swooping in to issue another stay. The inmate, name of Brown, has been sitting on death row since 1982! Twenty-eight years.

He raped and murdered a 15-year old girl, then called her parents and taunted them on the phone.

It just goes on and on and on...

A bit off-topic, but here in California, there MIGHT be an execution next week, asssuming some judge doesn't come swooping in to issue another stay. The inmate, name of Brown, has been sitting on death row since 1982! Twenty-eight years.

He raped and murdered a 15-year old girl, then called her parents and taunted them on the phone.

Thanks Joe, I remember this case.

I often wonder why Mumia carries such a large group of supporters-there are two competing documentaries going on right now with diametrically opposed points of view. I think that Faulkner's widow has suffered enough regardless of what happened....but I do not know if we will ever know what all of the events were. JMVHO.

Thanks Joe, I remember this case.

I often wonder why Mumia carries such a large group of supporters-there are two competing documentaries going on right now with diametrically opposed points of view. I think that Faulkner's widow has suffered enough regardless of what happened....but I do not know if we will ever know what all of the events were. JMVHO.

Believe he carries such a large group of supporters for a number of reasons. He was a member of The Black Panther Party. There's the race card. He claimed the jury was racially stacked. When you read the transcripts you see he represented himself through the jury process.

He claims he's a "Political Prisoner". He himself brought up time and again his political beliefs through the trial. The Judge and the Prosecutor never brought it up.

Anti-Death Penalty supporters. He's their darling. Most of those consisting of liberal college kids of means, Hollywood poop stirrers, and the French. Yes, the French. Took them awhile to return murderer Ira Einhorn to us as well.

Maureen Faulkner got the life sentence. Her 25 year old husband was shot in the back. I'd recommend the book "Murder By Mumia A Life Sentence Of Pain Loss And Injustice".

Maybe we won't know 100% every single detail of what happened on the evening a Philadelphia Police Officer was murdered in cold blood just because he stopped one of the Cook brother's for driving the wrong way down the street. We do know Mumia's brother punched Officer Faulkner as he arrested him and his cab driver brother shot a policeman in the back.

For opposing views folks can refer to Pam Africa. Always a good source of facts and truth.:rolleyes: Ask about Mumia's Peabody Award. He's a blatant liar and a murderer.

Yesterday's Byko coulumn on the pros and cons surrounding all the hype and the Mumiacs.

The end of his coulumn IMO spoke volumes. Another generation of college kids will be told the story and the people that could otherwise look them in the eyes and say "That's a lie. I was there" will be dead.

Sure 'nough. Tons of comments asking for people to please, please shut up about a cold blooded murderer.

http://www.philly.com/dailynews/loc...y__The_Mumia_Abu-Jamal_saga__pro_and_con.html

BTW, Mumia was not an award winning journalist. Also, Byko relives a moment when it was apparent that Mumia was no gentle grandpop type when a reporter was stuck in a courtroom with Move members alone and the murdering Mumia screamed "Get her. Get her"

"2 Days Of Debate in Abu-Jamal Case"

Film screening, "discussion" precede Judges' hearing on killer's sentence

:banghead::banghead::banghead:It's not a discussion it's a debate. DA Seth Williams said it's no debate. He'll only be stating the facts in the case.

Abu-Jamal's leading attorney withdrew from the case. Some nonsense about about associate counsel demanding that only she argue the case before the court.

Filmaker Tigre Hill's screening of "The Barrel Of A Gun" is being shown in our Constitution Center.

170 of the 200 seats have been bought by <mod snip>.

Past President of the FOP, Michael Lutz said he was not immediately aware of anyone from the FOP attending the screening and "discussion" simply because they've already seen Hill's film.

http://www.philly.com/dailynews/local/20101108_2_days_of_debate_in_Abu-Jamal_case.html

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

One problem in all of this appeals nonsense. He's guilty. Cold blooded murderer.

Four witnesses. He stood over Officer Daniel Faulkner after he was down and fired.

http://www.danielfaulkner.com/newsarticles/others/hesguilty/hesguilty.html

Mumidiots.

Agreed 100%, Filly. I'm an attorney and an advocate for the wrongly convicted (like the West Memphis Three in Arkansas, Tommy Zeigler in Florida, Tommy Arnold in Alabama - maybe Paul Cortez in NY and Darrell Edwards in NJ) ... Anyway, Mumia ain't one of them. It pisses me off no end to see people like him (and Melanie McGuire in NJ) who develop slick "supporter movements" and try to play upon the concern of those of us who care deeply about unjust incarcerations.

Daniel Faulkner's website sets it all out - 4 eyewitnesses, police on the scene in 90 seconds to find <mod snip> spent gun lying next to him, powder residue on his jacket, probably made statements at the hospital (but, even without them....) Guilty. :banghead:

The MOVE people have some very valid points, and the way they were treated was disgusting, inhuman, and just wrong. I watched a video of the Philly cops putting a beating on a guy lying the ground and I'm surprised the guy survived it - it looked like his neck would have to have been broken. Pregnant women were beaten to the point of miscarriage. But the idea that the escalation in violence served as any kind of justification for <mod snip> to kill a 25 year old guy who'd done him no harm (Faulkner was never involved in the MOVE issues) is just .... the word "absurd" doesn't seem to capture the idea. The MOVE issues explain WHY <mod snip> did it (in fact, it adds a lot to the "motive" issue) -- they don't excuse it; not even close.

<mod snip> irks me. :furious:

The MOVE people have some very valid points, and the way they were treated was disgusting, inhuman, and just wrong. I watched a video of the Philly cops putting a beating on a guy lying the ground and I'm surprised the guy survived it - it looked like his neck would have to have been broken. Pregnant women were beaten to the point of miscarriage. But the idea that the escalation in violence served as any kind of justification for <mod snip> to kill a 25 year old guy who'd done him no harm (Faulkner was never involved in the MOVE issues) is just .... the word "absurd" doesn't seem to capture the idea. The MOVE issues explain WHY <mod snip> did it (in fact, it adds a lot to the "motive" issue) -- they don't excuse it; not even close.

<mod snip> irks me. :furious:

Fishmonger, Do you know alot of kids don't even know what a fishmonger is?:D I've actually used that term to have my nephew look at me like "WTH":waitasec: The term "urchin gets him befuddled as well.;) Just trying to slightly lighten up this thread if possible.

Respecting your opinion. You saw the video. I will never, ever, ever forget seeing the photograph of Officer James Ramp's body lying on that ground.

In all honesty I was still fairly young at that time and paid not too much attention to MOVE save for recalling seeing a fortified house with feces, and garbage as compost on a block of rowhome's and hearing a bunch of neighbors complaining. Via 1978. Can't even get into 1985!:doh:

As you said nothing justifies treating people inhumanely. Nor does shooting a Police Officer in cold blood.

May Officer Ramp rest in peace.

"PHILADELPHIA – A federal appeals court on Tuesday ordered a new sentencing hearing for convicted police killer and death-row activist Mumia Abu-Jamal, finding for a second time that the death-penalty instructions given to the jury at his 1982 trial were potentially misleading.

The 3rd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals ordered prosecutors to conduct the new sentencing hearing within six months or agree to a life sentence. Abu-Jamal's first-degree murder conviction nonetheless stands in the fatal shooting of Officer Daniel Faulkner."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110426/ap_on_re_us/us_mumia_abu_jamal

DA drops death penalty against Mumia Abu-Jamal

PHILADELPHIA - December 7, 2011 (WPVI) -- Prosecutors have called off their 30-year battle to put former Black Panther Mumia Abu-Jamal to death in the killing of a white police officer, putting to an end the racially charged case that became a major battleground in the fight over the death penalty.

Faulkner lashed out at the judges who overturned Abu-Jamal's death sentence, calling them "dishonest cowards" who, she said, oppose the death penalty.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=8457646

A federal judge in Pennsylvania has blasted a prison policy that denies former death-row inmate Mumia Abu-Jamal and others an expensive hepatitis C drug until they have advanced liver damage.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif](...)
[/FONT]
The judge nonetheless rejected Abu-Jamal's bid for treatment Wednesday after concluding that the former Black Panther and radio reporter sued the wrong prison officials. His lawyers vowed to refile (...)
http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20160901_ap_5fa704e45f0a4e8ea5c7dbce5bb6bcd9.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back