Search Warrants

Status
Not open for further replies.

raisincharlie

Racing Doesn't Lie
Reaction score
WRAL in Raleigh, as well as other information sources, released copies of Search Warrants returned as of 12/06/06 relating to this case. The link to these documents can be found here for your perusal:

http://www.wral.com/news/10485228/detail.html

It is recognized that not all of the posters here can pull up PDF files so in an effort to assist, summary information for each warrant will be posted. It is summary only and may miss pieces of information which may be relavant to your own thoughts, so please check the above link for further detail.

Search Warrant Date: 11/03/2006
Address Served: 5108 Birchleaf Drive, Brent David, author

Probable Cause:

1. Officers arriving on the scene discovered a deceased female on the floor of her master bedroom.

2. There is blood spatter on the walls, and lamp in the room.

3. The victim's sister came to the house and discovered the three year old child of the victim walking inside the home.

4. The sister entered the home and discovered the victim.

5. The sister then called the Sheriff's Office.

In the Matter of:

The crime scene...needs to be searched and processed for evidence and instrumentalities of this crime. The items searched for will be:

1. Blood evidence
2. Trace evidence
3. Writings of identification
4. Instruments and items used to cause the death of the victim
5. Evidence and items that will hopefully identify the person or persons responsible for the death of the victim.
6. Photographs
7. Body of victim
8. Fingerprints
9. Palm prints

Items Collected (partial list condensed for space)

airline baggage claim ticket, airline ticket, credit card statement (JY), hotel reservation confirmation, hotel receipts, library key tag, 3 wedding photos, computer hard drive, 3 manilla folders with personal papers

alRIGHT!...i just got back from looking at one of the search warrants...glad this is here now...thanks RC!...

ok, this is what is stated about the "document"....

the victim's sister came to the house to retrieve a document, which was on the printer, located next to the computer

the document had been printed from that computer the hours before the victim's death was discovered

i put the two words in bold lettering...ok, am i right to conclude that JY printed this document while at the home???....was this something he printed before he left the home that night for his 'business meeting'?? (sounds like it to me)

ETA....this goes along with what i (& others) thought from the beginning, pretty much.....JY planned to have Meredith find Michelle's body the next day....UNLESS he was stupid enough to print it out while he was 'back at the house' (after killing Michelle).....i'll be shocked if the latter is the case though....

Stunning, charlie. Thanks...

Maybe we can get a couple of sticky's going? One with (your) collected and KNOWN evidence and the 2nd with a chronological list of people & players?

Gosh, after yesterday's news-flurry, I am quite convinced there is more, much mire, that will be revealed.

I personally do NOT think Jason Young is all he's made out to be...

Thanks! Fab stuff :)

close_enough said:
alRIGHT!...i just got back from looking at one of the search warrants...glad this is here now...thanks RC!...

ok, this is what is stated about the "document"....

the victim's sister came to the house to retrieve a document, which was on the printer, located next to the computer

the document had been printed from that computer the hours before the victim's death was discovered

i put the two words in bold lettering...ok, am i right to conclude that JY printed this document while at the home???....was this something he printed before he left the home that night for his 'business meeting'?? (sounds like it to me)

ETA....this goes along with i (& others) thought from the beginning, pretty much.....JY planned to have Meredith find Michelle's body the next day....UNLESS he was stupid enough to print it out while he was 'back at the house' (after killing Michelle).....i'll be shocked if the latter is the case though....

Seems like it, close.

It may have been a fax-modem that was printed out - I think JY had to scour his brain to get Meredith over there.... and maybe made out it was more critical than was necessary; perhaps he thought Meredith's TRUE discovery would detract from "the fax" for going to their house???

Search Warrant Date: 11/13/2006
Address Served: Wake County Sheriff's Office, Brent David, author

Probable Cause:

1. Officers arriving on the scene discovered a deceased female on the floor of her master bedroom.

2. The victim's sister came to the house to retrieve a document, which was on the printer, located next to the computer.

3. The document had been printed from that computer the hours before the victim's death was discovered.

4. The victim's husband had contacted the victim's sister by telephone and asked the victim's sister to go to the home and recover those documents.

5. The victim's sister went to the house.

6. Once inside, she discovered the three year old child of the victim inside the residence.

7. She also found her sister deceased in the house.

8. The sister then called the Sheriff's Office.

9. There was no sign of forced entry.

10. The computer was siezed pusuant to the 11/03/2006 Search Warrant.

11. It was locate in an office area of the home.

In the Matter of:

Examination and analysis of a Compac Presario 6000 hard drive collected 11/03/2006. Access to the computer's hard drive will be used for the purpose of obtaining information including but not limited to:

1. Obtaining financial records
2. Correspondence with insurance companies
3. Information to corroborate with witness statements
4. To locate evidence to be compared with evidence already collected.

Items Collected

Compac Presario 6000 hard drive

PolkSaladAnnie said:
Seems like it, close.

It may have been a fax-modem that was printed out - I think JY had to scour his brain to get Meredith over there.... and maybe made out it was more critical than was necessary; perhaps he thought Meredith's TRUE discovery would detract from "the fax" for going to their house???

right...we now know that the document was printed from the computer there at the home, so it only makes sense that he printed this, IMO, prior to leaving that Thursday night for his 'meeting'....he knew good & well that he was going to call Meredith the next morning to have her go & retrieve it....he knew she would find Michelle dead.....

:clap: to RC....this is great, & i (along with others, i'm sure) really appreciate this info posted out like this!!

close_enough said:
right...we now know that the document was printed from the computer there at the home, so it only makes sense that he printed this, IMO, prior to leaving that Thursday night for his 'meeting'....he knew good & well that he was going to call Meredith the next morning to have her go & retrieve it....he knew she would find Michelle dead.....

And JY is the key to the call & the discovery! Meredith was the guinea pig, or final conduit to LE .... makes sense, close.... gosh!

:clap: great info, charlie. We nned all this stuff stored in one place!!!!

This is great!

Now, I read over at ctv that he'd called and left a message on Meredith's phone in the MORNING. He probably wanted her to go there earlier than she did. That's probably why he kept checking his voice mail.

JMHO
fran

fran said:
This is great!

Now, I read over at ctv that he'd called and left a message on Meredith's phone in the MORNING. He probably wanted her to go there earlier than she did. That's probably why he kept checking his voice mail.

JMHO
fran

yep yep...could be, Fran!....i hadn't thought of that...since, IMO, JY told Meredith that Michelle was at work, (that's what Meredith thought on the 911 call) Meredith probably didn't think there was any BIG rush to get over there, just as long as she got there before Michelle got off work....

Search Warrant Date: 11/21/2006
Address Served: Wake County Sheriff's Office, author, Inv. A.M.Sternberg WCSO

Probable Cause:

1. Michelle Marie Fisher Young was found murdered on Nov 3, 2006 in her home.

2. Jason Lynn Young is the victim's husband.

3. The witness who found the victim was a sibling.

4. The sibling reported getting voicemail from Jason Lynn Young about how she was needed to go to the house to retrieve some documents.

5. Wake County Sheriff's investigators attempted to interview Jason Lynn Young, he was uncooperative.

6. Wake County Sheriff's Office personnel obtained a search warrant for the 5108 Birchleaf Drive home to seek evidence.

7. A search warrant was also obtained by Investigatot Lilyquist WCSO to search Jason Lynn Youngs SUV.

8. One of the items located and collected from his SUV was a Cingular Wireless Cell phone. Investigator Mc Cormack obtained court process to obtain the above Cingular cell phone call records.

In the Matter of:

Electronics & Audio/Voice mails in Michelle Young murder case.

1. Sternberg reviewed and collected trace evidence in the form of document records, electronic devices and storage media at the house.

2. Sternberg located and collected an answering machine at the house, noting it contained pending messages.

3. Sternberg collected as evidence a cell phone from a purse in the kitchen as well as two camcorders and associated recording media devices and CD's.

4. Investigator Mc Cormack found out from Cingular Wireless about the existence of saved voicemails attached to the account.

5. Investigator Mc Cormack reported making analysis of Jason Lynn Young's call activity on the account: Young made frequent checks of his voicemail.

6. Upon receipt of a copy of a search warrant, Cingular Wireless would release electronic audio files of the voicemails from their service system to wake Co Sheriff's Office.

Conclusion:

The traces of aural content of the voicemail and the answering machine messages as well as requested electronic contents of the cell phones and other electronic devices and storage media are expected to materially aid in the reconstruction of the events leading up to the time of the crime and events in the aftermath.

fran said:
This is great!

JMHO
fran
This is a huge mess up by Mr. Young - not only does it show anxiety - it tracks his location very well. OOOOOOppppppps dumb sucker IMO.

Search Warrant Date: 11/30/2006
Address Served: 3210 Farland Drive, Ocoee FL, author, R.C. someone (not me folks)

Probable Cause:

1. In the course of the investigation, we discovered the victim's husband Jason Young has had a relationship with Michelle Money of Ocoee Fl.

2. The past three months Jason Young and Michelle Money have corresponded frequently.

3. In an interview with Michelle Money, she confirmed that she corresponded by phone or email to Jason Young almost daily.

4. A search warrant was conducted at Michelle Money's home to obtaine any computer or computer equipment, data storage device, recording device or digital evidence.

5. A search warrant is needed to search the computer files and images, email accounts or passwords, data storage devices, and evidence of correspondence with Jason Young, Michelle Young, and Michelle Money.

6. Upon the excecution of the search warrant, an external hard drive was connected to Michelle Money's laptop computer.

7. The external hard drive belongs to Elizabeth Schroff who was present during the search warrant.

8. She confirmed that the Seagate external hard drive had pictures of the victim Michelle Young as Mrs. Schroff was going to compile a scrapbook of the victim.

Conclusion:

The preceding facts establish probable cause to believe that the above described items located within the Dell Inspirion Computer, coherent flash card and the Saegate external hard drive will aid in the investigation and identifications of the possible participants in the crime of Homicide occurring at 5108 Birchleaf Drive.

ETA - note there are actually two warrants involved

Search Warrant Date: 12/01/2006

Probable Cause:

4. Wake County Sheriff's investigators attempted to interview Jason Lynn Young, he has been uncooperative.

5. Wake County Sheriff's Office personnel obtained a search warrant for the 5108 Birchleaf Drive home to seek evidence.

6. One of the items located in the upstairs den/office area was a Nikon Coolpix digital camera.

7. Upon inspection it was noted the camera contained a San Disck memory card in the memory slot.

Conclusion:

The traces of electronic contents of the digital camera are expected to materially aid in the reconstruction of the events leading up to the time of the crime and events in the aftermath. The preceeding facts establish probable cause to believe the above described items will be found and will aid in identifications that will assist in identifying the person or persons responsible for the crime of Murder for the death of the victim.

What pictures would have been taken that would show the events that led up to the crime or murder and the events that happened after the crime was committed?

Big thing on pictures in this case, eh? Would they be naughty ones? Photos of him and MM? Hmmmmm Scandi

Search Warrant Date: 12/01/2006

Probable Cause:

4. The sibling reported getting voicemail from Jason Lynn Young about how she was needed to go to the house to retrieve some documents.

5. Wake County Sheriff's investigators attempted to interview Jason Lynn Young, he has been uncooperative.

6. A search warrant was also obtained by Investigatot Lilyquist WCSO to search Jason Lynn Youngs SUV.

8. One of the items located and collected from his SUV was a Cingular Wireless Cell phone. While making additional inventory and analysis of evidence recovered from Jason Young's SUV, Investigator Sternberg noted an additional cell phone from the vehicle, a Samsung Verizon cell phone.

Conclusion:

The traces of electronic contents of the Samsung cell phone are expected to materially aid in the reconstruction of the events leading up to the time of the crime and events in the aftermath. The preceeding facts establish probable cause to believe the above described items will be found and will aid in identifications that will assist in identifying the person or persons responsible for the crime of Murder for the death of the victim.

Close, I didn't get the impression it was printed before Jason left just that that's one of the possibilities. Couldn't an e-fax have been automatically sent and printed at any time? I didn't see anything about a laptop for Jason anywhere either so I wonder if he did have one that LE didn't confiscate?

scandi said:
What pictures would have been taken that would show the events that led up to the crime or murder and the events that happened after the crime was committed?

Big thing on pictures in this case, eh? Would they be naughty ones? Photos of him and MM? Hmmmmm Scandi

I posted about the pics on another thread here too Scandi because it just seems like so many. Blackmail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suesleuth