1038 users online (199 members and 839 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

ME - Coreen Wiese, 15, Buxton, 2006

http://www.wgme13.com/NewsWeather/story_12.shtml

The search is on for a 15-year-old girl from Bonny Eagle High School. Coreen Wiese was last seen Wednesday morning at the school. While police won't call her disappearance suspicious; there is concern because Wiese has epilepsy and doesn't have her medication.

She's described as 5'3" with long brown hair and brown eyes.

She was last seen wearing a pink t-shirt, blue jeans and white sneakers.

Crews are getting help today from classmates who are helping look for Weise.

Anyone with information should call Buxton police at 207-929-6612.

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Quote Originally Posted by q64ceo
    http://www.wgme13.com/NewsWeather/story_12.shtml

The search is on for a 15-year-old girl from Bonny Eagle High School. Coreen Wiese was last seen Wednesday morning at the school. While police won't call her disappearance suspicious; there is concern because Wiese has epilepsy and doesn't have her medication.

She's described as 5'3" with long brown hair and brown eyes.

She was last seen wearing a pink t-shirt, blue jeans and white sneakers.

Crews are getting help today from classmates who are helping look for Weise.

Anyone with information should call Buxton police at 207-929-6612.

Your link now says the police have asked the volunteer searchers to leave the area with no reason given and that some of her personal belongings have been found in the area.

ME-Coreen Wiese, 15, Buxton, 2006

So here's a VERY BRIGHT kid who is supposed to be SHY...and the last couple of people to talk to her...strangers at that...and look into her eyes on November 8th say she sure didn’t seem like a suicide but was maybe a little sad...as any kid would leaving her friends as she moved on in life...and she even had these adults believing in her... believing she was maybe older, wiser and had justifications for her actions on that day...otherwise what responsible adult running into her wouldn’t have wondered..."What’s a young kid doing out here in the rain, talking to stangers, and not at school up to? ...hmmm... maybe I should call someone???"
    So where is Coreen??? When will she return??? When will the mystery be revealed???
    I only hope - and truly believe in my heart - that it will end well..

Psychics aid police in search for teen

By ANNE GLEASON, Staff Writer Portland Press Herald Saturday, December 9, 2006

Buxton Police Department investigators recently began working with mediums, or psychics, in their search for missing Buxton teenager Coreen Wiese, who disappeared Nov. 8.
    Buxton police Officer Mike Grovo said he spent about three hours with a psychic Thursday searching a 40-mile area. Grovo said they did not find anything helpful to the case, but investigators would likely continue talking with one or two of the people who have been in contact with the department.
    “It shows we’re still looking,” Grovo said. “The goal is to find Coreen.”
    Wiese’s parents reported their 15-year-old daughter missing after she did not return home from Bonny Eagle High School on Nov. 8. A witness reported seeing the girl at about 11:30 a.m. that day at the Route 25 bridge over the Saco River. Later in the day she was seen at a billiards hall near the bridge.
    At one point, the search for Wiese involved more than a dozen FBI agents, in addition to state and local officials. FBI agents in Portland are still assisting with the case.
    The psychics, Grovo said, are an additional resource in the search. Grovo declined to provide the names of the psychics, saying the individuals have asked for privacy. An individual close to the case provided the department with the names of the psychics, Grovo said.
    He said he spoke with both ahead of time to evaluate their credibility. The person who assisted with the search Thursday is not familiar with the area but was able to provide specific information about certain areas in Buxton, he said.
    Grovo said it is his understanding that the psychic believes the areas she described could be relevant to the case. He called her “very sincere.”
    Grovo said this is his first time working with a psychic on an investigation.
    “This is a new experience for me. It is another resource,” he said. “We haven’t given up.
    “I want to make sure they’re credible. I have to screen everything,” he added. “I believe there’s something to it.”
    Wiese is a sophomore at Bonny Eagle High School. Officials have largely focused their search for her along the banks of the river. On Nov. 10, members of a search party found her cell phone and MP3 player near the Route 25 bridge. Officers also discovered a note scratched into one of the steel beams of the bridge with the letters “RIP” and “CW.”
    Police initially thought Wiese might have jumped into the river, though the search has turned up nothing. Her parents have said they do not believe Wiese would have committed suicide.
    The Maine Warden Service continues to fly over the Saco River about two to three times a week and still has game wardens searching the area by foot, said Warden Service spokesman Mark Latti.
    Wiese’s father, Wesley, said Grovo has kept the family up to date on the search. Wiese said he is open to any methods for finding his daughter and is still confident she will be found.
    “We are open to anything — after a month, we have to be,” Wiese said. “I’m sure that they’re doing everything they can. If it means taking an avenue that isn’t normally gone down in finding my daughter, anything will help because it’s a mystery where she is.”
    Anyone with information about the case should contact the Buxton Police Department at 929-5151 or 929-6612.
    This Sunday, a short spot about Wiese’s disappearance is scheduled to be shown during the CBS program “Without a Trace.”
    Staff Writer Anne Gleason can be contacted at 282-8229 or at:
    agleason@pressherald.com

they seem to have found out something

. . .A search for a missing 15-year-old girl has been scaled down in Buxton. Officials reduced the size of the search for Coreen Wiese Friday, but did not say why. Her disappearance is not considered suspicious . . .
    Created: 11/10/2006 1:16:19 PM
    Updated: 11/10/2006 8:32:54 PM

http://www.wcsh6.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=45076

. . . An FBI spokeswoman told News 8 that their standard procedure is to keep their hot lines in operation for a week. If there are no substantial leads in that time, she said, the line is taken down, which is what happened in the Buxton case . . .
    POSTED: 12:41 pm EST November 28, 2006
    UPDATED: 12:46 pm EST November 28, 2006
    http://www.wmtw.com/news/10414351/detail.html

I would say that L.E. either think they found enough to indicate she suicided or that they found some info that she ran away but can't say that.

ME-Coreen Wiese Missing Since Nov.8

An interseting link posted today concerning Coreen Wiese -
    So here's a VERY BRIGHT kid who is supposed to be SHY...and the last couple of people to talk to her...strangers at that...and look into her eyes on November 8th say she sure didn’t seem like a suicide but was maybe a little sad...as any kid would leaving her friends as she moved on in life...and she even had these adults believing in her... believing she was maybe older, wiser and had justifications for her actions on that day...otherwise what responsible adult running into her wouldn’t have wondered..."What’s a young kid doing out here in the rain, talking to stangers, and not at school up to? ...hmmm... maybe I should call someone???"
    So where is Coreen??? When will she return??? When will the mystery be revealed???
    I only hope - and truly believe in my heart - that it will end well..

Portland Herald, Dec 9, 2006

Psychics aid police in search for teen
    By ANNE GLEASON, Staff Writer Portland Press Herald Saturday, December 9, 2006

Buxton Police Department investigators recently began working with mediums, or psychics, in their search for missing Buxton teenager Coreen Wiese, who disappeared Nov. 8.
    Buxton police Officer Mike Grovo said he spent about three hours with a psychic Thursday searching a 40-mile area. Grovo said they did not find anything helpful to the case, but investigators would likely continue talking with one or two of the people who have been in contact with the department.
    “It shows we’re still looking,” Grovo said. “The goal is to find Coreen.”
    Wiese’s parents reported their 15-year-old daughter missing after she did not return home from Bonny Eagle High School on Nov. 8. A witness reported seeing the girl at about 11:30 a.m. that day at the Route 25 bridge over the Saco River. Later in the day she was seen at a billiards hall near the bridge.
    At one point, the search for Wiese involved more than a dozen FBI agents, in addition to state and local officials. FBI agents in Portland are still assisting with the case.
    The psychics, Grovo said, are an additional resource in the search. Grovo declined to provide the names of the psychics, saying the individuals have asked for privacy. An individual close to the case provided the department with the names of the psychics, Grovo said.
    He said he spoke with both ahead of time to evaluate their credibility. The person who assisted with the search Thursday is not familiar with the area but was able to provide specific information about certain areas in Buxton, he said.
    Grovo said it is his understanding that the psychic believes the areas she described could be relevant to the case. He called her “very sincere.”
    Grovo said this is his first time working with a psychic on an investigation.
    “This is a new experience for me. It is another resource,” he said. “We haven’t given up.
    “I want to make sure they’re credible. I have to screen everything,” he added. “I believe there’s something to it.”
    Wiese is a sophomore at Bonny Eagle High School. Officials have largely focused their search for her along the banks of the river. On Nov. 10, members of a search party found her cell phone and MP3 player near the Route 25 bridge. Officers also discovered a note scratched into one of the steel beams of the bridge with the letters “RIP” and “CW.”
    Police initially thought Wiese might have jumped into the river, though the search has turned up nothing. Her parents have said they do not believe Wiese would have committed suicide.
    The Maine Warden Service continues to fly over the Saco River about two to three times a week and still has game wardens searching the area by foot, said Warden Service spokesman Mark Latti.
    Wiese’s father, Wesley, said Grovo has kept the family up to date on the search. Wiese said he is open to any methods for finding his daughter and is still confident she will be found.
    “We are open to anything — after a month, we have to be,” Wiese said. “I’m sure that they’re doing everything they can. If it means taking an avenue that isn’t normally gone down in finding my daughter, anything will help because it’s a mystery where she is.”
    Anyone with information about the case should contact the Buxton Police Department at 929-5151 or 929-6612.
    This Sunday, a short spot about Wiese’s disappearance is scheduled to be shown during the CBS program “Without a Trace.”
    Staff Writer Anne Gleason can be contacted at 282-8229 or at:
    agleason@pressherald.com
    Last edited by hoppyfrog; 04-28-2009 at 05:40 PM. Reason: bp

ME-Coreen Wiese, Missing, Website

Coreen Wiese’s family has set up a web page to aid in their search for her, www.coreenwiese.com
    Please visit to print posters, check on news about Coreen , use email to contact family.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endID=42409014

the following link is to her myspace account, lots of pictures and so on.

In New York or Mass??

Without any apparent leads, the search for Coreen Wiese has turned to psychics. From one source comes:

"Actually I do have something to provide & I was going to do that shortly after lunch; however, I will make time now.
    In last night’s class these are the notes, please realize we are going to continue & put forth to others as each come back from their holiday season.
    Each of us (group of 7) realized she is still alive
    I am certain hat is a fear of someone
    We received she is in the NEW YORK WEST VILLAGE area
    We could see she is with 6/7 friends she has made
    She is hungry but is working in some type of ‘KID Organization” to try to keep these kids safe
    Someone in the group picked up she was thinking about her last birthday or it has simply just passed
    We each feel she may actually call around Christmas for her own loneliness
    The names of 2 girls came up that were friends from school:
    Ruth, Stacy/Stephanie
    –it looks like either one of these girls received some kind of post card or letter from her
    But with no return address or info to track her
    ALSO this is more a question:
    Did anyone check her Computer—it may be she was on line with someone there in NY prior to this decision
    I will continue providing each/everything we receive and do hope this has helped in some wayThanks again for allowing us to work on this "

From her schoolmates in Maine and others in Massachusetts come rumors that she is in Attleboro, Mass.
    Last edited by hoppyfrog; 04-28-2009 at 05:39 PM. Reason: bp

Quote Originally Posted by Odin
    Without any apparent leads, the search for Coreen Wiese has turned to psychics. From one source comes:

From her schoolmates in Maine and others in Massachusetts come rumors that she is in Attleboro, Mass.

yes, police did take her computer and discovered her myspace account, only thing I noticed on that profile was that some 6 days after she went missing there was a profile update done on her account, this could have been her, or could have been one of her friends, its not uncommon amoung teens to share their passwords to myspace and the youtube site. I don't know what to think of the last profile update but does seem strange, as far as I can tell it has not been logged into or updated since that date in nov. I think it was like the 14th or so. the only physical evidence of hers that was recovered was her cell phone and her mp3 player which was located underneath a bridge up on a rusty girder, I think also found was somesort of note that had her initials on it and the word " rip "
    Last edited by hoppyfrog; 04-28-2009 at 05:38 PM. Reason: bp

from http://www.keepmecurrent.com/Communi...?storyID=29932

Dec 21, 2006): A worry haunts the lead investigator in a search for missing Buxton teenager Coreen Wiese, but he hasn’t given up hope of finding her

“My fear is she met someone on the Internet,” said Buxton Police Officer Mike Grovo, though he said he had no evidence to support that. But Grovo said he hasn’t ruled anything out.

“We don’t know what happened to her,” he said.

Grovo has hopes she’s still alive. “Part of me says she is still living,” he said. “I just want to find her.” Wiese, 15, a sophomore at Bonny Eagle High School, was reported missing Nov. 8, when she didn’t return home from school. This week, her parents, Wesley and Cynthia Wiese of Henry Hill Road, announced a Web site with photos and description of their daughter. The site address is www.coreenwiese.com.

“All of Coreen’s family and friends are holding out hope and prayer that she will be found soon. We all love Coreen very much and are missing her dearly,” the Web site message said.

A request also asks anyone with information about their daughter’s disappearance to contact Buxton police at 929-6612 or 929-5151. Those with a tip but want to be anonymous can e-mail it to anonymous@coreenwiese.com

Grovo gets two or three telephone calls daily with tips, and urges the public for more calls - regardless of how insignificant information might seem. “Anyone with information, I listen,” Grovo said.

Two psychics involved in the investigation believe the missing girl is still in the area. “Some psychics feel there’s a possibility she is still alive,” Grovo said.

Mark Latti, a spokesman for the Maine Warden Service, said the agency continues an air search two or three days each week. A warden looks daily along the river area where Wiese was last seen.

With a commitment to “keep praying, hoping and working” to find the missing girl, Grovo said, he isn’t quitting the quest.

“We’re going to find her,” Grovo said.

She was last seen in the area of the Route 25 bridge over the Saco River at a place known as the Limington Rapids. It’s also called the “rips.”

The Maine Warden Service launched an extensive land, air and water search for the girl. Her name, birth date and the date Nov. 8 were found scrawled on a bridge beam, along with “RIP.” Early in the investigation, the message was thought by to be a suicide note attributed to the missing girl.

But Grovo doesn’t know if the Wiese left the messages on the beam. “We don’t know she did that. No one saw her do that,” he said.

He said there’s no evidence of suicide and nothing to indicate foul play. Grovo said even rumors have been investigated but are unsubstantiated.

The FBI, which had a command post in Buxton, is still investigating the case. But the FBI hasn’t released any suspicion as to what happened to the missing girl. “We don’t speculate. We deal with exact facts,” said Gail Marcinkiewicz, a spokeswoman for the FBI in Boston, Tuesday.

Grovo talks with the FBI twice a week. “They’re baffled, like I am,” he said.

The FBI is analyzing Wiese's cell phone, Ipod and computer hard drive for leads. But ,Grovo said, she would have had access to other computers.

The case will soon be aired to millions of television viewers. Information about the missing girl will be broadcast on an upcoming Nancy Grace program on Headline News cable television. Also, CBS is expected to announce a public plea during its drama, “Without A Trace,” on Jan. 7.

Coreen Wiese is also listed on the FBI Web site as missing. A National Center for Missing & Exploited Children poster said she is “endangered missing.”

Wiese has epilepsy, and Grovo described the condition as serious. “She had to have medication,” he said.

He said the investigation is frustrating. “I’ve never seen one like this,” Grovo said. “I take it home with me.”

from http://news.mainetoday.com/updates/008409.html

BUXTON — A diver with the Maine Warden Service is being treated at a Portland hospital after passing out during a dive.
    Jeremy Judd -- one of seven divers searching the Saco River on Friday morning for a missing 15-year-old girl -- was rescued after experiencing distress while in the water.

Warden service spokesman Mark Latti told News 8 that Judd came to the surface before passing out. Wardens pulled him from the water, and he later regained consciousness with the help of oxygen.

Judd was transported by ambulance to Maine Medical Center, where he was treated for hypothermia and released.

Latti said the diver was experienced and had been with the service for three or four years. He could not say how long he had been in the water on Friday.

The warden service had returned to the Saco River to search for the remains of Coreen Wiese, a Bonny Eagle High School sophomore who disappeared on Nov. 8. She was last seen leaving the school parking lot in Buxton.

The search has focused on a portion of the river near the Route 25 bridge, where investigators found what appeared to be a suicide note carved into a beam

Missing Buxton Girl Seen Hitchiking On Day She Vanished

Coreen Wiese was hitchhiking on Route 25, near a bridge by the Limington Rapids, the day she disappeared, according to a witness.

Don Blake of Limington said he is positive he saw Wiese on Wednesday, Nov. 8.

“I saw the girl the day she disappeared,” Blake said. “She was hitchhiking.”

Wiese, 15, of Buxton was reported missing by her parents, Wesley and Cynthia Wiese, when she didn’t return home from Bonny Eagle High School, where she is a sophomore. Buxton police, FBI and the Maine Warden Service have joined forces in a massive search for the girl.

Messages scrawled on a beam under the Route 25 bridge over the Saco River, coupled with a note found at the girl’s home, led investigators to first believe them to be suicide notes. A seven-member dive team from the warden service braved freezing waters of the rapids Friday, but found no evidence of the girl.

Capt. Joel Wilkinson of the warden service said divers searched “high-probability” areas below the bridge Friday. “We found nothing,” Wilkinson said.

http://www.keepmecurrent.com/Communi...?storyID=30202

It now appears that she has may have met someone online. They are analyzing her cell phone, ipod and computer for more information. They have confirmed that there is no proof that she committed suicide at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by opme
    It now appears that she has may have met someone online. They are analyzing her cell phone, ipod and computer for more information. They have confirmed that there is no proof that she committed suicide at this point.
    Well thats not good at all. as dangerous as meeting people over the internet will people ever learn ? How many more have to go missing and turn up dead before people start realizing it is outright dangerous meeting people online. Tragedies can sometimes be prevented with a little common sense. what a shame, I hope she comes thru this ok though.

No news on this little gal? I wonder if they ever figured out if she met someone on line or not? A girl hitching hiking is just asking for trouble. I still see it now and then and just want to jump out of my vehicle and grab her by the shirt and stop her. They don't have a clue who they are getting in a car with or what might happen to them. I think a lot of people of all ages still have the attitude "it won't happen to me." They meet people on line and don't think twice about it. Some end up dead and some are lucky I guess.

I hope this gal has been found and we just haven't discovered it yet. If she hasn't been found I can't even imagine what her parents are going through.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast