Jason was out of town?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floh

Former Member
Reaction score
According to the Wake County Sheriff's Department it has been verified Jason Young was out of town in Brevard NC at the time of Michelle Young's death.

http://www.raleighchronicle.com/2006120810.html

So this means . . . ? :waitasec:

[found on CTV. Am still trying to get the server connection to the article, so don't shoot me. the poster isn't an advocate for JY, as far as i'm aware, but i've been known to be wrong.]

Floh said:
According to the Wake County Sheriff's Department it has been verified Jason Young was out of town in Brevard NC at the time of Michelle Young's death.

http://www.raleighchronicle.com/2006120810.html

So this means . . . ? :waitasec:

[found on CTV. Am still trying to get the server connection to the article, so don't shoot me. the poster isn't an advocate for JY, as far as i'm aware, but i've been known to be wrong.]
Hi Floh :)

I saw that when I read that story and posted that original link in the 'sticky media links' thread and I think there was a muck up somewhere on behalf of one reporter. I don't think the media has an official TOD for Michelle Young.

If Jason had been 'confirmed' as being in Brevard at the time of Michelle's death

1 He lied and didn't go to VA at all, instead going straight to Brevard, which means his mom and stepdaddy are covering something up.
and

2 There would've been a press release stating that he has been cleared and their investigations would have moved away from him, his SUV would've been returned along with computer hardware and everything else obtained through the warrants as they would have no further reason to hold them and his lawyer would've demanded instant return of the items....which means that we would have a new ballgame with a new ball to catch.

Right. i've finally managed to get the article up and it's dated November 6. sooo, clearly this was very early information being put out by media.

i was thinking yet another layer had been added, sorry. :(

Hi Floh .... thanks for putting the article up, nevertheless. Helps us see how the early reports were a little out of synch because when these things happen there's a rush to get stuff out.

BUT ... you've asked a question and it's a good place to come back and find out WHERE he was ... and IF .... he really WAS out of town.

I think he was in Raleigh, to be honest ...

Floh said:
Right. i've finally managed to get the article up and it's dated November 6. sooo, clearly this was very early information being put out by media.

Hi Floh,

Hey.....No need to apologise for trying to see if something you've read or heard has been confirmed :)

PolkSaladAnnie said:
Hi Floh .... thanks for putting the article up, nevertheless. Helps us see how the early reports were a little out of synch because when these things happen there's a rush to get stuff out.

BUT ... you've asked a question and it's a good place to come back and find out WHERE he was ... and IF .... he really WAS out of town.

I think he was in Raleigh, to be honest ...

Here's the thing: no matter how many people in Raleigh itself and Michelle and Jason's family have been warned off from speaking to the media (and even posting anonymously on message boards, yes?) there are many other people who would have a stake if JY was where he said he was. people at his company; hotel/motel staff; gas station attendants; people at the place he was supposed to have the freaking appointment with in VA. any number of people who wouldn't see any point in being silenced when they would have a stab at gaining media attention for 5 minutes. you know what some people are like.

where are they? :waitasec:

Floh said:
Here's the thing: no matter how many people in Raleigh itself and Michelle and Jason's family have been warned off from speaking to the media (and even posting anonymously on message boards, yes?) there are many other people who would have a stake if JY was where he said he was. people at his company; hotel/motel staff; gas station attendants; people at the place he was supposed to have the freaking appointment with in VA. any number of people who wouldn't see any point in being silenced when they would have a stab at gaining media attention for 5 minutes. you know what some people are like.

I so agree with you, Floh!

I mean, over a month and the NE hasn't even bundled together some dirty linen - and they're rabid with these stories!

Incredible. Makes me feel there can be no claims of "trial by media" ... because this one has happened virtually in the dark!

Lord.

Take a look at this link - which might be apt on this thread as it's dated 9th November, lol!.

Colon Willoughby, Magistrate Wake County .... confirms JY is a suspect. The way I read it, that is. What do YOU think (or take) from this article, Floh??

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/15970691.htm

The standard form used in nontestimonial identification orders refers to the targeted person -- Young in this case -- as a suspect but does not require that the person make a statement, nor can he or she be interrogated by detectives, Willoughby said.

Hmmmmm.... ?

PolkSaladAnnie said:
Take a look at this link - which might be apt on this thread as it's dated 9th November, lol!.

Colon Willoughby, Magistrate Wake County .... confirms JY is a suspect. The way I read it, that is. What do YOU think (or take) from this article, Floh??

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/15970691.htm

The standard form used in nontestimonial identification orders refers to the targeted person -- Young in this case -- as a suspect but does not require that the person make a statement, nor can he or she be interrogated by detectives, Willoughby said.

Hmmmmm.... ?
Info: found on internet, sheesh ages ago, when I was studying differences between Australian and US orders available to police in the solving of crimes.

Prior to the filing of a formal criminal charge against a person, an order authorizing the temporary detention of that person and compelling that person to submit to non-testimonial identification procedures for the purpose of obtaining evidence of that person's physical characteristics may be issued by a judge of the Superior Court pursuant to this Rule, on an application authorized in writing by the Attorney General or the Attorney General's designee or by the County Prosecutor or designated Assistant Prosecutor.

Grounds for Issuance​
An order for investigative detention shall be issued only if the judge concludes from the application that a crime has been committed and is under active investigation and there is a reasonable and well-grounded basis from which to believe that the person sought may have committed the crime, the results of the physical characteristics obtained during the detention will significantly advance the investigation and determine whether or not the individual probably committed the crime, and the physical characteristics sought cannot otherwise practicably be obtained.​

"Evidence of physical characteristics" shall include fingerprints, palm prints, footprints, physical measurements, handwriting and handprinting samples, blood samples, urine samples, saliva samples, fingernail scrapings, hair samples, photographs, voice exemplars, display of designated portions of the body, the taking of photographs, and appearance in a lineup.​

"It's not unusual for us to get a nontestimonial identification order," Willoughby said.

This is what i think at present. i just am not sure they aren't playing it all very safe to ensure there is no chance of any technical get offs in the future should a trial happen.

i also feel what's happening is this case is very like a British case in that the media just are not allowed to write about it until it goes to trial. because those are the rules in Britain to avoid jury cointamination.

i stand back in amazement this is occurring in an American case. i simply never thought that feasable in a million. :waitasec:

Floh said:

Bingo Floh - where are the 15 minute famers? None to be found, maybe no one saw him, or are for sure they saw him. Not even a gas station attendent - heck you pull up insert your credit card -as long as the card is approved - the attendent isn't going to bother looking out the window or on the video screen to see you up close. Nope, no 15 minute famers - very very strange.

I'm thinking that JYs expense reports and vehicle service reports (oil changes in particular) are going to come in very handy to LE - tracked against cell phone towers - they are going to know what JY buddy was up on Thursday night...JMO

Samiya said:
Info: found on internet, sheesh ages ago, when I was studying differences between Australian and US orders available to police in the solving of crimes.

Prior to the filing of a formal criminal charge against a person, an order authorizing the temporary detention of that person and compelling that person to submit to non-testimonial identification procedures for the purpose of obtaining evidence of that person's physical characteristics may be issued by a judge of the Superior Court pursuant to this Rule, on an application authorized in writing by the Attorney General or the Attorney General's designee or by the County Prosecutor or designated Assistant Prosecutor.

Grounds for Issuance​
An order for investigative detention shall be issued only if the judge concludes from the application that a crime has been committed and is under active investigation and there is a reasonable and well-grounded basis from which to believe that the person sought may have committed the crime, the results of the physical characteristics obtained during the detention will significantly advance the investigation and determine whether or not the individual probably committed the crime, and the physical characteristics sought cannot otherwise practicably be obtained.​

"Evidence of physical characteristics" shall include fingerprints, palm prints, footprints, physical measurements, handwriting and handprinting samples, blood samples, urine samples, saliva samples, fingernail scrapings, hair samples, photographs, voice exemplars, display of designated portions of the body, the taking of photographs, and appearance in a lineup.​

Awesome, Sami. Now - before the s/w were made available I remember posting "I'll be they go for body/shots" (The photogrpahic ones, not the tequila ones, lol).

Over at ctv - yesssss, graon, a rumour I believe .... is that the autopsy showed defense wounds on Michelle. IF .... IF .... this is true, then perhaps pics WERE taken of JY's bodum? For hair samples, I hope they yanked a few of the short 'n curlie-twirlies so he winced in pain - but then, that's only my own personal pondering...

So, if we follow Willoughby's comments, then actually, are we wrong to determine that LE have officially named JY as a suspect - but not verbally? In pen and ink?

Looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and in this case it's spelt like a duck! :confused:

Floh said:

the article that i'm pulling up from that link shows Dec 8th, although it could have been an updated article that still had this bit still within the article.....i think most of the articles from early November stated the same thing AT FIRST.....i have no doubt that JY was heading to Brevard when Michelle's body was FOUND, but i well NEVER believe that he was in Brevard when the murdered occured.....he told a friend at the funeral he was heading to VA, & i still think that he was.....somewhere just over the state line, & made the 11 pm phone call, headed back & killed Michelle....

ya know i think it's crying shame that JY won't interview w/LE....hell, sounds like they're having to investigate his whereabouts without ANY help from him....he wants to make it hard on LE, IMO....i can't even believe that a reputable atty would tell him, DO NOT cooperate w/LE.....just boggles my mind....

PolkSaladAnnie said:
Awesome, Sami. Now - before the s/w were made available I remember posting "I'll be they go for body/shots" (The photogrpahic ones, not the tequila ones, lol).

Over at ctv - yesssss, graon, a rumour I believe .... is that the autopsy showed defense wounds on Michelle. IF .... IF .... this is true, then perhaps pics WERE taken of JY's bodum? For hair samples, I hope they yanked a few of the short 'n curlie-twirlies so he winced in pain - but then, that's only my own personal pondering...

So, if we follow Willoughby's comments, then actually, are we wrong to determine that LE have officially named JY as a suspect - but not verbally? In pen and ink?

Looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and in this case it's spelt like a duck! :confused:

this brings up something that we all talked about early on.....if this info is factual about Michelle being struck on the head 10 times, & there were defensive wounds, you'll never make me believe that there wasn't a struggle, & most likely some yelling/screaming.....i still think there could have been enough noise during all of this, that could have possibly woke Cassie up....i still think that baby saw something....either she saw the perp beating her mother, or she woke up at SOME point & saw him just as he was 'fininshed' beating Michelle....it was brought up over at ctv, it's obvious that Cassidy was able to get out of her bed, since she was found out of it, walking around....as much as so many believe that Cassidy slept though it all, i still think there IS a possiblility that she was awaken during the murder....

close_enough said:
the article that i'm pulling up from that link shows Dec 8th, although it could have been an updated article that still had this bit still within the article.....i think most of the articles from early November stated the same thing AT FIRST.....i have no doubt that JY was heading to Brevard when Michelle's body was FOUND, but i well NEVER believe that he was in Brevard when the murdered occured.....he told a friend at the funeral he was heading to VA, & i still think that he was.....somewhere just over the state line, & made the 11 pm phone call, headed back & killed Michelle....

ya know i think it's crying shame that JY won't interview w/LE....hell, sounds like they're having to investigate his whereabouts without ANY help from him....he wants to make it hard on LE, IMO....i can't even believe that a reputable atty would tell him, DO NOT cooperate w/LE.....just boggles my mind....

Not to worry - LE will get it - takes longer but they will.

Actually, JY could have been very close to Brevard in the night time hours. I also think we will need additional threads for each of his special friends as they come to light. Right Frankie Bones ?

close_enough said:
this brings up something that we all talked about early on.....if this info is factual about Michelle being struck on the head 10 times, & there were defensive wounds, you'll never make me believe that there wasn't a struggle, & most likely some yelling/screaming.....i still think there could have been enough noise during all of this, that could have possibly woke Cassie up....i still think that baby saw something....either she saw the perp beating her mother, or she woke up at SOME point & saw him just as he was 'fininshed' beating Michelle....it was brought up over at ctv, it's obvious that Cassidy was able to get out of her bed, since she was found out of it, walking around....as much as so many believe that Cassidy slept though it all, i still think there IS a possiblility that she was awaken during the murder....
Yes, I got a few pm's saying no way was Cassidy awake at any time during the murder after I posted that small recording. ctv would have lots to talk about if they knew where my blog was, lmao. I tell ya though, folks are fast (and I think LE was too, lol) as that recording I put up was downloaded 31 times before I removed it not long afterwards!

Samiya said:
Yes, I got a few pm's saying no way was Cassidy awake at any time during the murder after I posted that small recording. ctv would have lots to talk about if they knew where my blog was, lmao. I tell ya though, folks are fast (and I think LE was too, lol) as that recording I put up was downloaded 31 times before I removed it not long afterwards!

there's NO WAY that ANYONE knows for sure if Cassidy was awaken that night...i think folks want to HOPE that she wasn't, but the fact remains, it IS a possibility....

close_enough said:
there's NO WAY that ANYONE knows for sure if Cassidy was awaken that night...i think folks want to HOPE that she wasn't, but the fact remains, it IS a possibility....
Close,

I agree, just the brief information we have suggests that this was definitely not a "quiet" crime. There was a dog in the house, I suspect the dog was aware of something not being right. The dog was "freaking out" when Meredith got there. I suspect it was also "freaking out" when the crime was committed. It is very possible the dog woke Cassidy during the event. JMO Righto Frankie Bones?

raisincharlie said:
Close,

I agree, just the brief information we have suggests that this was definitely not a "quiet" crime. There was a dog in the house, I suspect the dog was aware of something not being right. The dog was "freaking out" when Meredith got there. I suspect it was also "freaking out" when the crime was committed. It is very possible the dog woke Cassidy during the event. JMO Righto Frankie Bones?

Ok I'll bite......lol who is Frankie Bones.

<<Samiya, prepare for that to be a stupid question>>

**giggles**

Samiya said:
Ok I'll bite......lol who is Frankie Bones.

<<Samiya, prepare for that to be a stupid question>>

**giggles**
I'm just having a bit of fun with a poster who likes to cut and paste too much.:)

raisincharlie said:
I'm just having a bit of fun with a poster who likes to cut and paste too much.:)
lmao I just saw that person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member