735 users online (69 members and 666 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."

NC - Julie Bowling, 45, found murdered, Rocky Mount, 8 Dec 2006

Rocky Mount Man, Lover Arrested In Wife's Death

ROCKY MOUNT, N.C. -- A Rocky Mount man and his alleged girlfriend were arrested Saturday in connection with the shooting death of his wife.

Mark Bowling, 35, and Rose Parker Vincent, 27, of Middlesex, were charged with first-degree murder in connection with the death of 45-year-old Julie Bowling, who was found dead inside the garage of the Bowlings' home Friday morning.

According to investigators with the Nash County Sheriff's Department and the State Bureau of Investigation, Mark Bowling and Vincent were found to be involved in a romantic relationship. Investigators said that the affair might have been a possible motive for the alleged homicide. The firearm believed to be the weapon used in the shooting was also recovered, said authorities.

After Julie Bowling's body was found on Friday, family members said Mark Bowling was in Florida on a fishing trip. He arrived at the Rocky Mount Sheriff's Department Friday afternoon and was questioned by investigators.

Both Mark Bowling and Vincent were placed in the Nash County Jail without bond. Their first court appearance was scheduled on Tuesday.

Do you have any links to this story please?

Quote Originally Posted by KatK
    Do you have any links to this story please?
    Oops! Yes, I do:
    http://www.wral.com/news/10502066/detail.html

And here's a link to an earlier article:

http://www.wral.com/news/10495725/detail.html

Wow, yet another guy who supposedly went fishing when his wife happens to turn up dead.

Pathetic.

I am glad LE nabbed him, and quite quickly!!
    Rest in Peace to my best buddy and baby, Buster ~ He crossed the Rainbow Bridge on Jan. 3, 2011. I miss you, Buster and love you with all my being.

Wow, I am not far from Rocky Mount, and I had not heard about this. I wonder why it isn't all over the place.

Why didn't this idiot just get a divorce? There were no children. So, they could have made a clean break. I guess we'll find out how much insurance this guy had on his wife.

Quote Originally Posted by nanandjim
    Why didn't this idiot just get a divorce? There were no children. So, they could have made a clean break. I guess we'll find out how much insurance this guy had on his wife.
    It seems to be the going thing. Bet the insurance policy is huge. A poster on About.com's Crime and Punishment forum says she heard on the news that it was the girlfriend who actually pulled the trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by SewingDeb
    It seems to be the going thing. Bet the insurance policy is huge. A poster on About.com's Crime and Punishment forum says she heard on the news that it was the girlfriend who actually pulled the trigger.
    It will be interesting to find out who really pulled the trigger. I guess that I still don't think that many women are this ruthless and cruel. It's hard to say, though.

Quote Originally Posted by nanandjim
    It will be interesting to find out who really pulled the trigger. I guess that I still don't think that many women are this ruthless and cruel. It's hard to say, though.
    I would like to think they are not. There's no telling what this guy has led the mistress to believe about the wife though. They do like to exagerate the wife's bad qualities and make themselves look like the victims in a bad marriage.

The husband (and deceased wife) owned and operated a funeral home in the area. Very well respected supposedly. Apparently the wife had recently received a large inheritance after a parent's passing. I guess that explains why the husband didn't go for the divorce....

Quote Originally Posted by wufdude
    The husband (and deceased wife) owned and operated a funeral home in the area. Very well respected supposedly. Apparently the wife had recently received a large inheritance after a parent's passing. I guess that explains why the husband didn't go for the divorce....
    Very interesting, Wufdude.

Quote Originally Posted by wufdude
    ...Apparently the wife had recently received a large inheritance after a parent's passing. I guess that explains why the husband didn't go for the divorce....
    Ding...Ding...Ding...I think that we've found the answer...

Update:
    "I shot her until the gun stopped"
    http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/2500507/

Rose Vincent pleaded guilty to second-degree murder and conspiracy to commit murder in the Dec. 8, 2006, slaying of Julie Bowling. The plea deal spares her life – she had been charged with first-degree murder and faced the prospect of a death sentence – and sets her up as the star witness in the trial of Bowling's husband. (more plus video and {scary!}pic at link)

Good Lord..that is one scary looking women..is that the nicest face she could put forward for the court? Guess the husband set her up to do the killing or maybe not..maybe he would have been next.

JMHO

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast