920 users online (173 members and 747 guests)  

Websleuths News

Post Diary of a Collapsing Superpower

Diary of a Collapsing Superpower

By Christian Neef

In the fall of 1990, as Germany celebrated reunification, an enormous tragedy was taking shape in Moscow. The historical turning point can be reconstructed from previously undisclosed minutes of Politburo meetings published in Russia this month. And Mikhail Gorbachev may finally get the historical recognition he deserves.

Editor's Note: Seventeen years ago, the Berlin Wall fell, and two years later the Soviet Union broke apart. More than 1,400 minutes published earlier this month in Russia from meetings that took place behind the closed doors of the Politburo in Moscow read like a thriller from the highest levels of the Kremlin. They reveal Mikhail Gorbachev as a party chief who had to fight bitterly for his reforms and ultimately lost his battle. But in doing so, he changed the course of history and helped bring an end to the Cold War. Christian Neef, 54, who served as DER SPIEGEL's correspondent in Moscow until 1996, explains why the "Kremlin minutes" may polish Gorbachev's image in the history books.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/spiegel/0,1518,449326,00.html

This is extremely intriguing and somewhat addictive to read, lol. Be warned.

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

But then Putin rose from the heap... Be Warned!

Thought this was going to be about America lol

If I had to pick, I'd pick you guys over China any day

Quote Originally Posted by narlacat
    Thought this was going to be about America lol

If I had to pick, I'd pick you guys over China any day
    Well, thanks, I think!
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

i thought this was a thread about the USA too... and i'm not joking! under bush, we've gone from #1 to #6 economic superpower. that's quite a testament to FAILURE. then again, it's not like we didn't try our hardest to warn everybody...