817 users online (136 members and 681 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

SC - Wayne, 57, & Diane Guay, 55, Myrtle Beach, 11 Dec 2006

The couple were supposed to have left Thursday morning from Myrtle Beach, SC to drive to Queens, NY to visit family. No word has been heard from them since the night before they were to depart.

Wayne Guay, 57
    Dianne Guay, 55
    Driving a 2003 white, four-door Mazda 3 bearing the South Carolina license plate 732RZZ

http://www.nypost.com/seven/12112006...an_kadison.htm

Wayne is a diabetic.

I vaguely heard about this last night on Kimberly Guilfoyle's show on Fox, and then a friend sent me the NY Post article this morning, commenting on how soon it is after the Kims' ordeal and now here's another multiple missing person/family case. So I-95 goes all the way from Myrtle Beach to NY, correct? Are there any mountainous areas, say, through Virginia, maybe, where they could have had an accident? Although that is such a well-traveled corridor, surely someone would have spotted a broken guard rail or something by now. This is very strange. It almost makes me wonder if they never left their home for the trip, if they were abducted before they could leave, perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by englishleigh
    I vaguely heard about this last night on Kimberly Guilfoyle's show on Fox, and then a friend sent me the NY Post article this morning, commenting on how soon it is after the Kims' ordeal and now here's another multiple missing person/family case. So I-95 goes all the way from Myrtle Beach to NY, correct? Are there any mountainous areas, say, through Virginia, maybe, where they could have had an accident? Although that is such a well-traveled corridor, surely someone would have spotted a broken guard rail or something by now. This is very strange. It almost makes me wonder if they never left their home for the trip, if they were abducted before they could leave, perhaps.
    I thought that same thing, englishleigh, although I suppose if they had been abducted before they left, the abductor would have had to take their car. I assume that one of the first things the police must have done was to visit the couple's home to see if their car was there.

I'm also assuming that the police are tracking credit card activity to see if they stopped for gas anywhere. If there is no record of that, the police should calculate the distance that model of car gets per tank of gas and search between the couple's home and that point. That's assuming, of course, that the couple would have paid via plastic. Obviously no trail with cash. I would think that their daughter would know how her parents typically conducted financial transactions as well as the normal route they would take to Queens from SC.

Thirdly, cell phone pings (as we learned from the Kim case) are critical. I hope this was the first thing the police did.

Different photo of the couple than the one in the NY Post:

http://wistv.images.worldnow.com/images/5794795_BG1.jpg

This article states that the couple made it at least to Virginia, but this seems to be the only article that states this. I would consider this pretty important information, since it narrows down the search area, but maybe some news outfits don't. Or maybe this particular one is incorrect. Hard to say.

http://www.ny1.com/ny1/content/index...id=1&aid=64968

Edited to include this: Yup. Seems like the Virginia reporting was incorrect after all.

"Authorities previously believed the last place they were last seen was a Shell gas station at the Ladysmith exit on 1-95 in Virginia.

But, investigators now tell 8NEWS they've determined the couple was not seen here in VA. A bulletin is out on the couple up and down the East Coast. The missing couple's daughter Megan Liendo says, "This is very unlikely of them to be missing, they always call and give us updates about where they are even when there's no traffic or no problems, they always call to let us know that they're on their way." (http://www.wric.com/global/story.asp?s=5795654).

Quote Originally Posted by cwiz24
    Different photo of the couple than the one in the NY Post:

http://wistv.images.worldnow.com/images/5794795_BG1.jpg

They are a very attractive couple....I pray they can be found safe.

Many of the articles have stated that they were traveling with a lot of cash, tons of Christmas presents, and a rare coin collection worth a substantial amount of money. How a criminal would know about the coins is beyond me, but anyone looking in their car could probably see all the wrapped presents.

They were scheduled to depart their house in Myrtle Beach at 4 am on Thursday. If they had gone off the road and their car was not visible from the highway, my suspicions tell me that this would have happened shortly after they left their house. Not that many people are on the road that early and there would be few witnesses to an accident, if any at all. As the day went on, the likelihood that they would have gone off the road accidentally and no one saw it is slim to none. If anyone knows I95, it's very highly traveled, even at 4 am (with truckers and all), but the chances of being out of eyeshot of another vehicle are greater at that time of day than any other, I would suspect.

And, the daughter said that they are very good about calling and keeping the family apprised of their location. No call, even on Thursday morning to let her know they had gotten off OK. If I were the police, I would search on I95 within 100 miles of their home.

It would be nice to see a posting of their likely routes of travel. I live in WV which is a pretty well-used north-south route. We had terrible roads on Thursday evening coming home from Clarksburg, WV on I79 south to Summersville. Ice!! We had a fatal plane crash near Summersville airport that day from ice and snow squalls.

I'll go check a map to see which is the suggested route.

Does anyone know if any of I-95 through SC, NC, VA is a toll road? If so, toll plaza cameras must have picked up their car if they made it that far.

Google Maps (I know, I know--not that reliable) indicate that I-95 is about 68 miles from Myrtle Beach. That's quite a distance on secondary roads in the dark, early morning.

well, the direct route takes them east of wv. Pretty dumb question, but I am clueless on geography even in my own area - gotta see a map to get it.

prayers and thoughts!! another family missing at a cold, cold time of the year!

"...two of the couple's children have gone to their house in Myrtle Beach, but haven't found anything out of the ordinary." (http://www.wsbtv.com/news/10508396/d...s=atl&psp=news)

Sounds like its unlikely they were abducted from their home before they left.

The first part of 95 with a toll is the tunnel in Baltimore, then Delaware. From Maryland south there are no toll portions.

I wonder when they loaded their car for the trip. I'm betting they had it all loaded and gassed up the night before in order to leave so early the next morning. Bet they had the car serviced too.

Could it be that some shady character from their neighborhood observed this and rather than draw suspicion to himself by burglarizing his neighbor's car that night in their garage, he waited for them to leave and followed them away from the neighborhood to accost the couple and steal the car? Maybe they would have stopped for someone they thought looked familiar.

It's just speculation, but you don't always know what kind of people may be hanging out with the neighbor's son or daughter, or who does odd jobs around their home. If the couple asked a friend to look after the house, someone else may have known when they planned to leave and what they were taking with them.

Their family is doing a fantastic job of publicizing and searching for them. I hope they are found safe so they can have a chance to be proud of their kids for the way they have handled this whole thing!

Susan

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast