MI - Theodore Lamborgine charged, sex assaults & brutal killings, 4 children, Detroit, 1970s & 1980s

samhoney said:
I assume that a database hit pointed LE in Theodore's direction. This is a fascinating case. I'll never understand what drives a person to murder defenseless children.
In cases where children are strangers to the perp, it is almost always sexual desire, coupled with a desire not to get caught, that drives a person to murder defenseless children.

More information:

'Promising suspect' named in '70s child murders

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/12/11/child.slayings.ap/index.html

Theodore Lamborgine, 65, is "our most promising suspect at this particular time," Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy said at a news conference in Detroit.

The admission that Lamborgine is a suspect in the recently revived "Oakland County Child Killer" case came as Worthy announced charges against Lamborgine in an unrelated series of sexual assaults against six children in the 1970s and 1980s.

Lamborgine, whose home was listed as Parma Heights, Ohio, pleaded not guilty to four counts of first-degree, one count of second-degree and 12 counts of third-degree criminal sexual conduct Monday afternoon. He was ordered jailed without bond.

Worthy's office also is bringing charges against Richard Lawson, a convicted murderer, in the sexual assaults of eight juveniles from several Detroit-area communities during the same time period. Lawson, 60, faces 28 counts of criminal sexual conduct but is not a suspect in the child killings.

The two men knew each other and worked together as sexual predators, Worthy said.

"We do consider this a sex ring of sorts," she added, saying authorities believe there are "many, many more" victims.

The two lured their victims, some under 13, to motel rooms and homes with soft drinks, drugs, food and cash, Worthy said.

"These suspects knew that there were a lot of kids living in that area -- a lot of poor kids living in that area," said Livonia police Detective Sgt. Cory Williams. "It didn't take too much for them, the suspects, to figure out they could take the kids a case of pop, some drugs or cash."

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/14369255/detail.html

From article:

The wrongful death lawsuit names Ted Lamborgine, 65, as one of the group who collectively raped and murdered several children in the '70s and '80s.

The family of Mark Stebbins, one of the children slain, filed the lawsuit against Lamborgine.

"The police have the burden of proof beyond a reasonable doubt. In a civil lawsuit, we don't have that same burden. Ours is more likely than not," said David Brinkley. "Under the circumstances, we believe we can utilize techniques a civil lawsuit permits and we believe we could perhaps push the investigation a little further."

The new suit will give attorneys new subpoena powers against Lamborgine and others that may have information about the case.

The Stebbins family is not seeking monetary damages. They said they are only filing the lawsuit to help in the investigation to get everyone responsible in jail.

The family of Timothy King is also expected to join in on the lawsuit.

was wondering I had seen a show on this also month or so ago and they had talked to the one boys father who worked for the police department there I believe he was the last one they had found it was a very sad story and the killer had watched the news.These crimes were very,very scary

I am glad they are taking this step. This one has been unsolved for far too long. And rumors kinda indicate that maybe it wasn't investigated as throughly as it might have been.

I never heard about this case. For the past 30 years the other child rapists and child killers have walked around free???

There is a whole thread under the cold case forum dedicated to this. There have been lots of "leads," dead ends, and suspects over time. It's not like they knew who did it and didn't arrest them/him/her....it's more a case of bits and pieces that never completely added up for whatever reason.

There is a whole thread under the cold case forum dedicated to this. There have been lots of "leads," dead ends, and suspects over time. It's not like they knew who did it and didn't arrest them/him/her....it's more a case of bits and pieces that never completely added up for whatever reason.

Actually, from what I read they had some idea of suspects- they do think it is more than one. But they had very little evidence to prove anything with. Until recently the only physical evidence was one hair, and it didn't match any of the ones they suspected at the time. I checked cold cases last night and it looked as though they had reprocessed the clothing found on the children again and did find some new evidence, though they didn't say what that evidence was.

My Lord, that story packs a powerful wallop. My heart is in my throat...I hope closure happens here. I am overwhelmed.

Just recently I'd watched a documentary series on the OCCK murders. Once it delves into Lamborgine and Lawson it just keeps on connecting.

Lawson knew alot of people and gave good leads as a snitch to police. Unfortunately it also turned up a pedophile cop in Michigan. That cop happened to be the one who found Christopher Busch in an "apparent suicide "

From the Cass neighborhood in Detroit to the very wealthy like the guy who owned Fox Island these creeps all knew eachother. Amazingly pre internet.

Not knowing anything about the OCCK murders I came across a cold case in our forums from 1977. That of an art dealer John McKinney. Birmingham Michigan. Then I saw the docu series.

Well I now see there's alot on the cases on many different forums here. Some believed McKinney was the actual murderer.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361
Back