The Family Dog

Status
Not open for further replies.

PolkSaladAnnie

Preventing Truth Decay
Reaction score
OK. I'm starting a new thread on the dog; most of us are animal lovers and there are questons here. Some great thoughts were posted toward the end of the last MC Thread part 5.... those would be great brought over here.

First up, I WISH we knew the dog's name! We've seen a pic of an older black Lab (or cross Lab) in pics and this hound was so loved, he actually carried M&J's wedding bands down the aisle.

We know the dog was at the house when MF arrived as she told the 911 op "the dog was freaking out". But, MF only mentioned Cassie's bloody footprints, not the dog's footprints in and around the crime-scene.

Was the dog locked in another room, or locked outside? The dog would have been freaking out if he could not reach MY or Cassie and sensed danger - was probably hungry... and of course, heard MF arrive and barked for attention.

My view, although it's a bit of a scraggly view based on what we know: if the dog was shut away in another room then there are ominous shades of Chris Porco in this crime. This was no random crime. The perp knew MY Cassie and the dog.

Chris Porco shut the much loved family pet, Barrister, in the basement before plucking an axe and butchering his parents. This demonstrated CARE, CONCERN & PROTECTION FROM THE CRIME by someone who knew the dog. Aside from Porco, McKenzie was the much loved family pet and he too, played a key role in Laci's demise

Dogs are known to lick wounded or ill companions, from humans through their own young. Keeping the dog away from MY stopped him from licking her, too, a natural animal instinct - ESPECIALLY as this was a devoted and much loved family pet - they thought the world of and he was an integral part of the family.

So .... maybe we'll be able to 'tell' something, too, regarding the way he was treated. So, aside from where he was in the house, here are some other questions that may assist:

WHO took him immediately after the murder?

WHERE is he now?

WHAT is his name
(if indeed the dog is male).

Pack_Fan kindly offered to investigate a lil further - but I'm not putting pressure on you, PF ;)..)

No info to report on the dog......

I know, I know, pitiful excuse for a sleuth, huh?

I've brought my post over and with it is raisingcharlie's quoted post that I replied to, for convenience :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by raisincharlie
Panthera

It is good to see you !

I've stewed over the dog issue and I kinda think the dog was indeed "put" somewhere. There are so many rumors going on but there were some posters, supposedly insiders, who said the dog often slept in Cassidy's room. Like you I believe that dog would have gone a bit ballistic over a stranger coming in the house if it were in Cassidy's room and a stranger passed by.

We know that even if Cassidy's door was shut - somehow it got opened because Cassidy was found walking in the house. Meredith in the 911 call references the dog was freaking out but she mentions only the baby's foot prints through the house. In my mind, if the dog was loose in the house, there would have been paw prints as well I think. I also think Meredith would have mentioned this when talking about the dog. Why would the dog be freaking out - it knew Meredith ? So I believe where ever the dog was when Meredith arrived is a clue to the puzzle.

I think Cassidy's bedroom door was open for the simple fact, the baby did not leave the house - either she did not know how to open doors, could not open doors, or the doors leading out of the house were locked - interesting in and of itself IMO.

I agree with you Charlie, no paw prints mentioned.

I think Meredith would've said to Brent if the dog was locked in the bathroom, laundry, den or where ever (ie; the dog was freaking out in the **** when I got here), so I tend to think the dog was outside freaking out at the back door.

The first thought I had that (for me) put the dog outside is that I don't know any dog that wouldn't be tempted by the overpowering smell of a 'kill' (sorry about the awful reference
eek.gif
but I can't think of another word) and be able to control itself and not lap up blood.

ETA: Whether put out side by Michelle or the murderer....But if had been in the house it would have been barking....unless it knew the perp.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

pack_fan said:

No, lol. I think you're pretty cool actually :)

pack_fan said:

LOL !!!! Love yah, Pack... thanks for trying ... am sure we'll build up as we go along..

Polk :)

Samiya said:
I've brought my post over and with it is raisingcharlie's quoted post that I replied to, for convenience :)

snipped

ETA: Whether put out side by Michelle or the murderer....But if had been in the house it would have been barking....unless it knew the perp.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bril, Sami! These were good thoughts, glad they have their own 'kennel' now, LOL!

OK, so your thoughts to charlie ... RC ... being you felt maybe the dog was locked or left outside? Maybe ... as MF said "The dog was really freaking out when I got here.."

Wonder if the dog was allowed to sleep, wander and interact indoors? I Always have my dogs very familiar and comfy indoors - none have ever jumped on furniture and I've trained my darling Spaniel to lie on her own mats in different rooms - I love her with me!

PolkSaladAnnie said:
Bril, Sami! These were good thoughts, glad they have their own 'kennel' now, LOL!

OK, so your thoughts to charlie ... RC ... being you felt maybe the dog was locked or left outside? Maybe ... as MF said "The dog was really freaking out when I got here.."

Wonder if the dog was allowed to sleep, wander and interact indoors? I Always have my dogs very familiar and comfy indoors - none have ever jumped on furniture and I've trained my darling Spaniel to lie on her own mats in different rooms - I love her with me!
Did anyone keep that aerial view photo of the house? If so can you look and see possibilities for a kennel or even a small back porch attached to the house. I'll go look at the outline map on the erality website.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Honestly....I want the builders blueprints to that house!.

I can work out 4 rooms minimum upstairs (not sure the layout though) Main Bedroom (which would usually be at the front side of house), Cassidy's room (usually at back of house), den (probably over garage) and bathroom.

Downstairs probably.... lounge, garage, kitchen, another bathroom or just toilet, and laundry.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hmmmm. Gosh, Sami, have no clue as to the blueprints, lollll! Again, I am going with the dog being locked/shut away inside somewhere - and freaking out for being closed in for so long!

This say be ANOTHER reason JY concocted that silly fax story, USED Michelle Money and lured Meredith into his deadly plot to get over there: to calm, placate, feed and rescue the survivors!

Oh lord! If ONLY McKenzie, Barrister and Young-Dog-With-No-Name ... could talk!

Wouldnt the family dog attack if it were someone the dog did not know and it was hurting its' mommy? I have a German Shepherd and she is a sweetheart but if someone we don't know comes to the door my girl is right next to me standing at attention kinda like feeling out the situation. I would think that if someone tried to do something to me she would most definately attack.

Mygirlsadie said:
Wouldnt the family dog attack if it were someone the dog did not know and it was hurting its' mommy? I have a German Shepherd and she is a sweetheart but if someone we don't know comes to the door my girl is right next to me standing at attention kinda like feeling out the situation. I would think that if someone tried to do something to me she would most definately attack.

Couldn't agree with you more mygirlsadie ... which indicates that when the NON-random perp walked in, the dog was "ok" with it. Any barking would have got MY up. If the dog was 'freaking" she may have even dialled 911, who knows!? But the dogs in my lifetime would definitely have protected me to the hilt - and not been quiet about it...

PolkSaladAnnie said:

That house is huge. I bet we're going to learn that this family
dog was put into another room, with the door closed. The freaking out that Meredith talks about, was that poor dog scratching at the door and going crazy, knowing something was happening to part of it's family. Poor pooch. IMO.

I know..thats exactly what I am wondering about!!! The dog knew the perp. :( I feel pretty strongly about that.

PolkSaladAnnie said:
Couldn't agree with you more mygirlsadie ... which indicates that when the NON-random perp walked in, the dog was "ok" with it. Any barking would have got MY up. If the dog was 'freaking" she may have even dialled 911, who knows!? But the dogs in my lifetime would definitely have protected me to the hilt - and not been quiet about it...

Bee Charmer said:
dog was put into another room, with the door closed. The freaking out that Meredith talks about, was that poor dog scratching at the door and going crazy, knowing something was happening to part of it's family. Poor pooch. IMO.

Oh Bee, and mygirlsadie... I believe in both of your thoughts. I go limp and floppy when it comes to animals. charlie, I know YOU can count for this with your horses .... and I've not spent a day since I was about 7 w/out a dog in my life - (lol... and 8 darling stray cats outside as I type) and couldn't imagine a life w/out a wonderful hound. I'm crazeee over animals, perhps more so as God decided to give me Child-Bearing Lips and not child bearing hips ....which is why I am so obessed wth this thread AND THE DETAILS. WHERE was the dog right after the crime ... where is he/she now?

Animals' behaviour tells us SO much more than 'the front of it' ... and I am sure that if we know this family pet was indeed locked up - or purposely 'cut off' .... then there's NO doubting his/her anxiety; and no doubting LE's conclusion this was NO RANDOM CRIME..

Mygirlsadie said:
I know..thats exactly what I am wondering about!!! The dog knew the perp. :( I feel pretty strongly about that.

INDEED-y. MGS: He/she (pet) had to know the perp. And I believe the dog was steered away ... as the perp needed the pet to "get out' of the way, but still looked after and/or safe ....

The dogs actions are equally important... IMO

again: JMHO ....

Bee Charmer said:

i still keep thinking of the rumor that dog may have been kicked/hit.....IF this rumor is true, i'd bet that the dog was out & about in the house at some point during the murder, THEN "put away" in another room....

One thing about this dog - LE will know exactly how it reacted to their entry to the Young home - this reaction may have been the most telling part of the dog story. This reaction may also have figured into the calculated response of "not a random crime".

LE 101 - insure the perp is not in the residence
- insure that medical attention is obtained for all present, if necessary
I have seen this first hand to include animals.
and so forth from there.

JMO

ETA - thinking on it - I think the chances of the dog being locked outside the home are slim - the neighbors would have definitely heard it "freaking out" long before Meredith arrived.

raisincharlie said:
One thing about this dog - LE will know exactly how it reacted to their entry to the Young home - this reaction may have been the most telling part of the dog story. This reaction may also have figured into the calculated response of "not a random crime".

LE 101 - insure the perp is not in the residence
- insure that medical attention is obtained for all present, if necessary
I have seen this first hand to include animals.
and so forth from there.

JMO

interesting....then i'd say we'll hear if the poor dog had really been kicked/hit..

close - i personally believe the "sore head and sore side" was a s-t-r-e-t-c-h-e-d story by the insiders. IFFFFF that 'rumour' was passed on, then WHOMSOEVER took the dog immed after the crime, fabricated or added it. My guess is JY's family played this one out to friends. The dog was FINE, other that being locked up or out of his/her usual paddling ground. Wanted to 'get out' of it's enclosure, heard Meredith - went crazy to attract attention.

Ooo=er ... JMHO, love yah hon ... just thinking aloud. As a NO RANDOM PERP, the killer KNEW the dog; hushed the dog; hid the dog; shut the dog out from the area.... JMHO hon :blowkiss:

PolkSaladAnnie said:
close - i personally believe the "sore head and sore side" was a s-t-r-e-t-c-h-e-d story by the insiders. IFFFFF that 'rumour' was passed on, then WHOMSOEVER took the dog immed after the crime, fabricated or added it. My guess is JY's family played this one out to friends. The dog was FINE, other that being locked up or out of his/her usual paddling ground. Wanted to 'get out' of it's enclosure, heard Meredith - went crazy to attract attention.

Ooo=er ... JMHO, love yah hon ... just thinking aloud. As a NO RANDOM PERP, the killer KNEW the dog; hushed the dog; hid the dog; shut the dog out from the area.... JMHO hon :blowkiss:

:blowkiss: back atcha Polk....

i know we've read that JY 'rescued' this dog & took it home, & apparently loved the dog, but in a case like this, i wouldn't put it past him to kick the poor thing, if he got in the way.....adrenalin (sp?) pumpin, trying to hurry & get the 'deed' done.....you're probably right though.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie