Peter Boyle- Everybody Loves Raymond star, dies

I just saw the banner announcement on the CNN website. There is no article as yet.

I was just watching a rerun of Everybody Loves Raymond the other night and thinking how he was starting to look very frail by the end of the show's run. I enjoyed his portrayal of Raymond's father in that show, and who can forget him in Young Frankenstein.

RIP Peter Boyle

Peter Boyle who played the father on "Everybody Loves Raymond" died at 71. He was in a New York hospital and had been suffering with multiple myeloma and heart disease.

He cracked me up on that show.

You, me and kato all posted this at the same time! Fox news had a small article giving the cause of death. It is on the thread I posted.

He was honestly one of my favorite actors. He just had a quality that I think everyone could relate to. How sad. I did not even realize he was sick. I just saw him on a talk show (not sure which one) a few months ago, and he seemed alright. He seemed to be a fighter.

Very sorry to hear this--we have watched Raymond for years--he was perfect in that role--he had a long career starting with the movie Joe(1970)---He suffered a heart attack in the 3rd year of the show--he came within 30 min of death back then--he recovered but it was clear to everyone that soon after he aged drastically--He will be missed--R.I.P. Peter Boyle World Without End Amen

Aww man, I think his charactor on Everybody Love Raymond was one of the funniest ever.

How lovely that Boyle achieved such great success before he died!

I loved the show and especially his role. The way he wise-cracked and told it the way he saw it. There are so few truly great comedians left in this world.

RIP Peter Boyle.

Wow, I had no idea he was the monster in Young Frankenstein!!!!! I LOVE that movie, lol! He was great in Raymond, too. RIP Mr. Boyle! He was also impressive in Monster's Ball, a real stretch for him compared to his Raymond character.

Dark Knight said:
Wow, I had no idea he was the monster in Young Frankenstein!!!!!

I always have a hard time getting Frankenstein's monster out of my head when watching him on Raymond (one of my all time favorite sitcoms). That early role adds meaning to the episode when Frank dresses up as Frankenstein's monster (and Marie as the Bride of Frankenstein) to give out Halloween candy. He runs out of candy and searches the cupboards for more and finds Raymond and Debra's stash of multi-colored condoms which he thinks are chocolate coins. LOL!

I was so sad to hear this. I never watched Raymond when it was on but now DH and I watch the re-runs and love it. My parents watched it all the time. Rest in Peace.

I'm so sad to hear this. :( May he rest in peace. God Bless him. :angel:

I'm so sad. He was such a funny actor- both in Raymond, and as the tuxedo clad Tap Dancing Monster in Young Frankenstein singing(howling?) Puttin' on the Ritz.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back