1282 users online (206 members and 1076 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NY - Newborn thrown from 5th floor window, Bronx, 12 Dec 2006

Anyone hear about this? Do we have a thread somewhere on it?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,236218,00.html

NEW YORK — A 14-year-old girl may have tossed her newborn baby, an umbilical cord still attached, out the window of her Bronx apartment building, police said Tuesday.

The teen was being questioned by police at Jacobi Hospital, where the baby girl was pronounced dead on arrival, said police spokesman, Sgt. Carlos Nieves.

Police were dispatched to the Eastchester Gardens apartments at about 8 a.m. Tuesday after a man called 911 and reported that someone had thrown a baby out the window. When officers arrived, the infant was lying unclothed on a patch of grass near the building, police said.

It was unclear how the infant died. An autopsy was scheduled for Wednesday.

The teen, whose name was not released, had not been charged. Police said she lived on the fifth floor of building.

Resident Maxine Thomas, 40, said she was sleeping before going to her afternoon job when her neighbor knocked on the door and told her police were at the building.

"She told me there was some baby thrown through a window," said Thomas, who has a 2-year-old daughter. "I don't know from which floor or who it was."

I'm so sick of hearing that young girls do things like this to their newborns.

That poor little baby.

I'm sorry, forgive the language.... BUT WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE????? I will NEVER understand this kind of thing. Heat of the moment, just plain out crazy.... I don't get it. I never will get it.
    Please read up on the murder of Dr. David Cornbleet here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45720

Not excusing, but at 14 I think she was probably petrified.

Just breaks my heart. There goes another beautiful child that could have made the lives of a couple that couldn't have them.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Angels

Just breaks my heart. There goes another beautiful child that could have made the lives of a couple that couldn't have them.
    Petrified is probable - but I can't see killing a baby because you are scared. Handing it to a stranger, maybe.
    FUN... is a renewable resource!

Kim777 is offline Texan by birth, Longhorn by the grace of God
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Angels

I know, it's just crazy! I feel like a broken record since I just said this, what yesterday, when someone ELSE killed their baby! But I would have been overjoyed to take that baby if she didn't want him/her!! I feel like putting up billboards or something that say "If you don't want your baby and are planning to kill it my husband and I would REALLY like a baby!!!!" Geeeeezzzzzzzzz...

I'm sure at her age, she was frightened, confused and overwhelmed. I'm sure I just answered my own question, but I wonder why these girls can't wrap their baby up, put it on someone's doorstep, knock and haul ass?

Quote Originally Posted by Kim777
    I know, it's just crazy! I feel like a broken record since I just said this, what yesterday, when someone ELSE killed their baby! But I would have been overjoyed to take that baby if she didn't want him/her!! I feel like putting up billboards or something that say "If you don't want your baby and are planning to kill it my husband and I would REALLY like a baby!!!!" Geeeeezzzzzzzzz...
    Kim, I trust and pray you and your husband will soon find the child that is perfect for you.

Unhappy

Gosh, the pain the poor baby must've felt A lost soul not given the chance to live a life and make the most of it.
    I cry for this poor little baby, who I am sure is in Jesus's arms now ... safe and sound.
    Rest in Peace to my best buddy and baby, Buster ~ He crossed the Rainbow Bridge on Jan. 3, 2011. I miss you, Buster and love you with all my being.

Quote Originally Posted by samhoney
    I'm sure at her age, she was frightened, confused and overwhelmed. I'm sure I just answered my own question, but I wonder why these girls can't wrap their baby up, put it on someone's doorstep, knock and haul ass?
    I AGREE! My best friend, had a baby girl who is now 21 years old & in the military. She was petrified also, she moved to Hawaii at 16 years old (where her husband was stationed at the time) & she'd call me every week crying & wanting to come home. She hung in there! She ended up moving back to PA & raising 2 more daughters!

I don't understand either why in the heck these kids toss their babies away like they are garbage. I guess they don't realize the consenquences to their actions?????? Maybe they think they won't get caught. I wish they would think about what they are doing a bit longer. They have a choice to call someone like a neighbor, a minister, a friend, instead of killing their babies. They are throwing their lives away by killing a baby. They could have gave the baby up for adoption, finished school, etc. had a better life and that poor baby would have had a better life. This world stinks...

Who knows what might go through the mind of a child who just had a child?...sometimes grown women don't even handle it well...I am sorry that she felt so trapped and desparate.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

Kim777 is offline Texan by birth, Longhorn by the grace of God
    Thanks Nova. All prayers much appreciated...

Quote Originally Posted by southcitymom
    Who knows what might go through the mind of a child who just had a child?...sometimes grown women don't even handle it well...I am sorry that she felt so trapped and desparate.
    I don't feel sorry for her at all. If she was grown enough to make the baby, she should be grown enough to own up to the consequences! I do feel so sorry for this baby though, who never got the chance to be held and loved.

Quote Originally Posted by teonspaleprincess
    I don't feel sorry for her at all. If she was grown enough to make the baby, she should be grown enough to own up to the consequences! I do feel so sorry for this baby though, who never got the chance to be held and loved.
    I feel the same way....
    Rest in Peace to my best buddy and baby, Buster ~ He crossed the Rainbow Bridge on Jan. 3, 2011. I miss you, Buster and love you with all my being.

Quote Originally Posted by southcitymom
    I feel the same, SCM. It's a sad situation however you look at it - a beautiful little baby who never got the chance to be loved or to even begin it's life, and a 14 year old, still a child herself, who has just destroyed her own life as well as her childs. My thoughts and prayers are with the family!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast