GUILTY NY - Newborn thrown from 5th floor window, Bronx, 12 Dec 2006

4Angels

Former Member
Reaction score
Anyone hear about this? Do we have a thread somewhere on it?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,236218,00.html

NEW YORK — A 14-year-old girl may have tossed her newborn baby, an umbilical cord still attached, out the window of her Bronx apartment building, police said Tuesday.

The teen was being questioned by police at Jacobi Hospital, where the baby girl was pronounced dead on arrival, said police spokesman, Sgt. Carlos Nieves.

Police were dispatched to the Eastchester Gardens apartments at about 8 a.m. Tuesday after a man called 911 and reported that someone had thrown a baby out the window. When officers arrived, the infant was lying unclothed on a patch of grass near the building, police said.

It was unclear how the infant died. An autopsy was scheduled for Wednesday.

The teen, whose name was not released, had not been charged. Police said she lived on the fifth floor of building.

Resident Maxine Thomas, 40, said she was sleeping before going to her afternoon job when her neighbor knocked on the door and told her police were at the building.

"She told me there was some baby thrown through a window," said Thomas, who has a 2-year-old daughter. "I don't know from which floor or who it was."

:sick: I'm so sick of hearing that young girls do things like this to their newborns. :sick:

That poor little baby.:(

I'm sorry, forgive the language.... BUT WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE????? :banghead: I will NEVER understand this kind of thing. Heat of the moment, just plain out crazy.... I don't get it. I never will get it.

Not excusing, but at 14 I think she was probably petrified.

Just breaks my heart. There goes another beautiful child that could have made the lives of a couple that couldn't have them.

4Angels said:

Just breaks my heart. There goes another beautiful child that could have made the lives of a couple that couldn't have them.
Petrified is probable - but I can't see killing a baby because you are scared. Handing it to a stranger, maybe.

4Angels said:

I know, it's just crazy! I feel like a broken record since I just said this, what yesterday, when someone ELSE killed their baby! But I would have been overjoyed to take that baby if she didn't want him/her!! I feel like putting up billboards or something that say "If you don't want your baby and are planning to kill it my husband and I would REALLY like a baby!!!!" Geeeeezzzzzzzzz...

I'm sure at her age, she was frightened, confused and overwhelmed. I'm sure I just answered my own question, but I wonder why these girls can't wrap their baby up, put it on someone's doorstep, knock and haul *advertiser censored*?

Kim777 said:
I know, it's just crazy! I feel like a broken record since I just said this, what yesterday, when someone ELSE killed their baby! But I would have been overjoyed to take that baby if she didn't want him/her!! I feel like putting up billboards or something that say "If you don't want your baby and are planning to kill it my husband and I would REALLY like a baby!!!!" Geeeeezzzzzzzzz...

Kim, I trust and pray you and your husband will soon find the child that is perfect for you.

Gosh, the pain the poor baby must've felt :( A lost soul not given the chance to live a life and make the most of it.
I cry for this poor little baby, who I am sure is in Jesus's arms now ... safe and sound.

samhoney said:
I'm sure at her age, she was frightened, confused and overwhelmed. I'm sure I just answered my own question, but I wonder why these girls can't wrap their baby up, put it on someone's doorstep, knock and haul *advertiser censored*?
I AGREE! My best friend, had a baby girl who is now 21 years old & in the military. She was petrified also, she moved to Hawaii at 16 years old (where her husband was stationed at the time) & she'd call me every week crying & wanting to come home. She hung in there! She ended up moving back to PA & raising 2 more daughters!

I don't understand either why in the heck these kids toss their babies away like they are garbage. I guess they don't realize the consenquences to their actions?????? Maybe they think they won't get caught. I wish they would think about what they are doing a bit longer. They have a choice to call someone like a neighbor, a minister, a friend, instead of killing their babies. They are throwing their lives away by killing a baby. They could have gave the baby up for adoption, finished school, etc. had a better life and that poor baby would have had a better life. This world stinks...:banghead:

Who knows what might go through the mind of a child who just had a child?...sometimes grown women don't even handle it well...I am sorry that she felt so trapped and desparate.

Thanks Nova. All prayers much appreciated...

southcitymom said:
Who knows what might go through the mind of a child who just had a child?...sometimes grown women don't even handle it well...I am sorry that she felt so trapped and desparate.
I don't feel sorry for her at all. If she was grown enough to make the baby, she should be grown enough to own up to the consequences! I do feel so sorry for this baby though, who never got the chance to be held and loved.

teonspaleprincess said:
I don't feel sorry for her at all. If she was grown enough to make the baby, she should be grown enough to own up to the consequences! I do feel so sorry for this baby though, who never got the chance to be held and loved.

I feel the same way....

southcitymom said:
I feel the same, SCM. It's a sad situation however you look at it - a beautiful little baby who never got the chance to be loved or to even begin it's life, and a 14 year old, still a child herself, who has just destroyed her own life as well as her childs. My thoughts and prayers are with the family!

Every time I hear one of these stories I literally get naseous. I was young, single and found myself pregnant, and never once did anything like what some girls do cross my mind. Ever. Now, I know there are underground organizations for women/children (I suppose men too) that help to make you dissappear if you are in an abusive situation. I do however get most of my information on such groups from Lifetime movies. However, there so needs to be an organization that helps these girls to realize that if they feel they have no other choice, they can hide their pregnancy and come to them with their baby. People they grow to trust that they know will never reveal their secret. In my mind, it happens something like this: 14 year old girl hides pregnancy (having had three kids, not a CLUE how this happens, but anyhow.....), hears of "secret group" of underground helpers, probably all moms themselves who get sick at the thought of someone killing their baby - contacts group, remains anonymous as do they....when time comes and she refuses to get medical help and winds up with a newborn she doesn't want, this group helps to make sure that the baby winds up "anonymously" at the right place.

These are just the ramblings of a mom, mind you, but I really think that the problem lies in these girls feeling all alone, like there is no one out there that they can trust to talk to that won't run and tell their parents. Of course, the right thing for them to do is to step up and make a good decision about their baby. Many teenage girls do this, but not nearly enough.

I think this teenager knew what throwing a newborn out a five-story window would do to the baby and she needs to face up to her actions. She made the choice to do it.

Waterlily said:
I feel the same, SCM. It's a sad situation however you look at it - a beautiful little baby who never got the chance to be loved or to even begin it's life, and a 14 year old, still a child herself, who has just destroyed her own life as well as her childs. My thoughts and prayers are with the family!
I feel the same too.

Kids having kids is just not a good look...they have no idea how to handle such a situation and is why you get teenagers coming up with brilliant ideas like this.

If these girls are so scared, trapped, alone, whatever. Then go to the hopital, police station, or fire department and hand them the baby and walk away. Christ even just leave it inside a church or something. Anything but kill them. To toss a human out a 5 story window just makes me ill. I know coples that would love to have a baby, and they are heartbroken every month when they find out they are not pregnant yet these kids get pregnant at the drop of a hat. it just isn't fair.

Mom2threestooges - That is a great idea! It would take some work, but clearly it is something that is needed in our society (sadly).

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Onaquest
Back