Banned for a George Bush T-shirt

Status
Not open for further replies.

czechmate7

Former Member
Reaction score
AN Australian was barred from a London-Melbourne flight unless he removed a T-shirt depicting George Bush as the world's number one terrorist.

Allen Jasson was also prevented from catching a connecting flight within Australia later the same day unless he removed the offending T-shirt.

Mr Jasson says Qantas and Virgin Blue were engaging in censorship but the airlines say the T-shirt was a security issue and could affect the sensitivities of other passengers.

"The woman at the security check-in (at Heathrow) just said to me, 'You are not wearing that'," Mr Jasson, 55, said yesterday.

Mr Jasson, who lives in London and was flying to Australia to visit family on December 2, said he was first told he would need to turn the T-shirt inside-out before he would be allowed to board the Qantas flight.

"I told her I had the right to express my opinion," he said.

"She called other security and other people got involved. Ultimately, they said it was a security issue . . . in light of the present situation."

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,20925632-38200,00.html

Hehehe, we don't like him (think I can safely talk for the rest of Oz lol)

I don't see why it's a big deal. I don't think that Bush is the #1 terrorist but maybe this guy does and who care if he thinks so and advertises it.

narlacat said:
Hehehe, we don't like him (think I can safely talk for the rest of Oz lol)
That isn't the reason he was asked to take the shirt off..

Jeana (DP) said:
You don't have to darlin. He's not your president!
But he's affecting the world.

Jeana (DP) said:
You don't have to darlin. He's not your president!

I don't have to, either, though he is.

That being said, it's not a t-shirt I would wear. However, I don't understand what the security personnel were thinking.

Ya know, I've always thought message t-shirts were tacky but I know they're popular with teen-agers. But a fifty-five year old man really needs to learn a more mature way to communicate or hire somone to dress him.

Sally said:
Ya know, I've always thought message t-shirts were tacky but I know they're popular with teen-agers. But a fifty-five year old man really needs to learn a more mature way to communicate or hire somone to dress him.
Maybe so, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't have been able to wear it on the plane, IMO.

IrishMist said:
Maybe so, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't have been able to wear it on the plane, IMO.
Well that was the airlines' decision to make.

Sally said:
Well that was the airlines' decision to make.
Airfare is not cheap. You pay them to take you where you need to go. I really don't think the airlines should be able to tell you what you can wear and what you can't.

IrishMist said:
Airfare is not cheap. You pay them to take you where you need to go. I really don't think the airlines should be able to tell you what you can wear and what you can't.
I'm sure the airline didn't feel comfortable with a "terrorist" theme t-shirt...no matter who's face was on it. The airline was looking out for the feelings of the others on the flights...I think they were right on.

IrishMist said:
Really? Where would you draw the line? Or would you?

Sally said:
Really? Where would you draw the line? Or would you?
That's a good question.

Probably cuss words.

ETA: Or anything X-rated.

Where do you draw the line?

windovervocalcords said:
lol

Where do you draw the line? Did the guy have it designed by Chavez?
If so, it might have had cuss words on it!!

Nova said:
I don't have to, either, though he is.

That being said, it's not a t-shirt I would wear. However, I don't understand what the security personnel were thinking.

I don't know. But I would rather ya'll kept the politics talk where it belongs and not here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtandSims4