777 users online (98 members and 679 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1
    less0305's Avatar
    less0305 is offline The face is familiar, but I can't quite remember my name!
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    4,243

    NC - Sherri Jackson, 27, Greensboro, 29 Nov 2006

    Sherri Jackson was reported missing from Greensboro, NC after failing to arrive at work on Nov. 29, 2006. She is 27 years old and was three months pregnant. Police apparently found evidence in her apartment that leads them to believe she is no longer alive, but are unable to find her body. An arrest was finally made yesterday of an acquaintance that has previously abused her. I hope he tells this family where their daughter is so they can have a proper burial and some relief in having her back with them. This is a local story to where I live and is of particular interest to me because my daughter lived in her same apartment building until the early part of November and exchanged the usual pleasantries with her when they encountered each other in the parking lot, etc.

    I imagine it will turn out to be another lowlife boyfriend who didn't want the responsibilities of fatherhood.

    Dogs Search
    http://www.wfmynews2.com/search/arti...?storyid=76354

    Foul Play suspected
    http://www.wfmynews2.com/search/arti...?storyid=76504

    Arrest Made - Still unable to find body
    http://www.wfmynews2.com/news/local_...?storyid=76459
    http://www.news-record.com/apps/pbcs...C0101/61215001
    It's my own two cents. You don't have to read or like it.

  2. #2
    SewingDeb's Avatar
    SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    8,968
    They must have some real good witnesses or evidence of a murder to proceed without finding her body.

  3. #3
    less0305's Avatar
    less0305 is offline The face is familiar, but I can't quite remember my name!
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    4,243
    Quote Originally Posted by SewingDeb
    They must have some real good witnesses or evidence of a murder to proceed without finding her body.
    Forensics in the apartment, I believe......and my guess from how the media has worded it there must have been a lot of blood or something. It must have been something pretty significant because in interviews with Sherri's father he has stated he knows she is no longer alive and was murdered, he just would like to be able to bring her body back for burial. They seem to have no hope whatsoever that she is alive.
    It's my own two cents. You don't have to read or like it.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    On the Third Coast
    Posts
    8,670

    Update: body still missing

    http://www.digtriad.com/news/mostpop...7&provider=top

    10/22/2007

    Police charged Sherri's ex-boyfriend, Decarlo Bennet with her murder. He claims he doesn't know where Sherri' is. But the Jackson's say somebody out there does.

    "In the back of my mind I feel that someone tried to help by getting rid of the body. I think someone else knows something," said Jackson.

    Sherri's parents hope 11 months later, someone will come forward with information that leads police to her body.

    more at link

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,468
    Sad I hope they find her.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    14,165
    GREENSBORO — Police will begin searching this morning for the body of a Greensboro woman believed to have been a homicide victim in late 2006.
    Authorities received a tip this week that Sherri D. Jackson, 27, was buried on property at 2305 Pine Meadows Court, said Capt. Janice Rogers, head of the Greensboro Police Department’s Criminal Investigation Division.




    http://www.news-record.com/apps/pbcs...TAFF/679045669

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    977

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    4,218
    Quote Originally Posted by PrayersForMaura View Post
    GREENSBORO — Police will begin searching this morning for the body of a Greensboro woman believed to have been a homicide victim in late 2006.
    Authorities received a tip this week that Sherri D. Jackson, 27, was buried on property at 2305 Pine Meadows Court, said Capt. Janice Rogers, head of the Greensboro Police Department’s Criminal Investigation Division.




    http://www.news-record.com/apps/pbcs...TAFF/679045669
    According to the article tyou posted, he was found guilty of 2nd degree murder, after a PLEA DEAL. I hope part of that deal is that he discolse where the body is.... Maybe thats the reason they are looking there for her...
    Prayers for Sherri's family....

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    South Texas
    Posts
    1,065
    Police Find Human Remains While Searching For Murder Victim Sherri Jackson


    http://www.digtriad.com/news/feature...6085&catid=216

    I hope that finally, her family can lay her to proper rest and find some peace.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    843

    The remains are hers.

    At least the family now can give her a proper burial.
    So very sad.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Chico, CA
    Posts
    23,126

    Remains are those of missing woman

    Greensboro police say that the remains found in the backyard of a home are those of a woman who had been missing since 2006.

    Capt. Janice Rogers said Friday that a preliminary autopsy confirmed that the remains were those of 27-year-old Sherri Jackson.

    Rogers said that the cause of death has not been determined.

    http://www2.journalnow.com/content/2...missing-woman/

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,715

    At least she is found

    Maybe there is something more to this than meets the eye but I must admit that I would have thought that once they had a suspect the LE looking into the case would have searched the man's backyard for a body since it is not all that rare for bodies to be buried in a backyard. Infact I think that not too long ago the body one of those preg. marine women was found in the backyard of her killer and his wife.

    Because, in this current case, they didn't search the back yard of the place he had lived; the man now gets to make a plea deal and walk away from real consequences that would normally be awarded for a murder?

    Oh well.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    513
    Autopsy shows missing woman was strangled

    GREENSBORO - A prosecutor says an autopsy reveals a Greensboro woman who had been missing since 2006 was apparently strangled.
    The body of 27-year-old Sherri Jackson was found June 26 in a grave behind a house in the city.

    DeCarlo Rayshaun Bennett pleaded guilty to second-degree murder on June 26. The News & Record of Greensboro reported Bennett told police where Jackson's body was as part of a plea deal.

    He had been charged with first-degree murder.

    Assistant District Attorney Howard Neumann had waited for the final autopsy before scheduling Bennett's sentencing. Neumann said he expects the sentencing hearing to be scheduled within a month.

    Bennett faces a maximum sentence of 16 years in prison.

    Jackson disappeared Nov. 29, 2006.

    http://www.newsobserver.com/news/cri...y/1185822.html

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    South Texas
    Posts
    1,065
    Quote Originally Posted by DogWood View Post
    Autopsy shows missing woman was strangled

    GREENSBORO - A prosecutor says an autopsy reveals a Greensboro woman who had been missing since 2006 was apparently strangled.
    The body of 27-year-old Sherri Jackson was found June 26 in a grave behind a house in the city.

    DeCarlo Rayshaun Bennett pleaded guilty to second-degree murder on June 26. The News & Record of Greensboro reported Bennett told police where Jackson's body was as part of a plea deal.

    He had been charged with first-degree murder.

    Assistant District Attorney Howard Neumann had waited for the final autopsy before scheduling Bennett's sentencing. Neumann said he expects the sentencing hearing to be scheduled within a month.

    Bennett faces a maximum sentence of 16 years in prison.

    Jackson disappeared Nov. 29, 2006.

    http://www.newsobserver.com/news/cri...y/1185822.html
    A MAXIMUM of 16 years in prison? OMG - how totally unfair and unjust this is !! A young woman strangled to death, 3 months pregnant, and this scumbag faces a max of 16 years in prison. I can't believe it. Oh how I wish that judge could find a way to reject this plea deal and sentence him to a longer term.
    ****************************************
    Forever in my heart
    Riley Ann Sawyers aka "Baby Grace" &
    Jose Bernardo Martinez, aka "Beloved Doe" or "Amado Angelito"

    Everything stated above is my own personal opinion, and not a reflection of anyone else's, including any organization which I may be affiliated with or support.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    501
    Quote Originally Posted by barb0301 View Post
    A MAXIMUM of 16 years in prison? OMG - how totally unfair and unjust this is !! A young woman strangled to death, 3 months pregnant, and this scumbag faces a max of 16 years in prison. I can't believe it. Oh how I wish that judge could find a way to reject this plea deal and sentence him to a longer term.
    I just googled and judges can and do deny plea deals. I guess this one felt it was the best case scenario with out a body. The guy could have told a sob story about manslaughter and you never know who on a jury would buy it. Now of course it is too late. And I know of no way strangulation is anything but 1st degree murder.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. NC NC - Allison Jackson Foy, 34, Wilmington, 2006
    By ShowerSinger in forum Cold Cases
    Replies: 123
    Last Post: 09-11-2016, 01:34 PM
  2. TX TX - Cole Jackson, 33, Timpson, 13 July 2006
    By momtective in forum 2000's Missing
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-16-2015, 05:32 AM
  3. TX Kendrick Terrell Jackson (3) - Houston TX, 2006
    By SheWhoMustNotBeNamed in forum Missing Children in America - A Profile
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-22-2010, 06:54 PM
  4. GUILTY PA - Gabrielle Bechen, 12, Greensboro, 13 June 2006
    By Usher737 in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 09-17-2008, 03:42 PM

Tags for this Thread