Indiana; Health Dept. investigates Castleton Olive Garden

dark_shadows

Former Member
Reaction score
link

So far about 160 people have complained they got sick after eating at the restaurant. Most of the people were sick for about 36 hours, which is consistent with a food-borne illness.

So now it is up to 300 sick;

link

INDIANAPOLIS A health official says more than 300 people reported feeling sick after eating at an Indianapolis Olive Garden restaurant.

2sisters said:
Where is castleton?

It's an area of Indianapolis on its northeast side. This restaurant is at about 82nd Street and I-69.

who's working in the kitchen?

Im betting its the lettace. I have been avoiding buying lettace for weeks now or eating any raw greens.
My son just had a terrible case of food poisening of some sort after eating a McDonalds salad.

Humpf - it's getting so our healthy foods aren't so healthy for us afterall!! I'm planning on going to an Olive Garden next week, but now I'm getting a little leary of eating anything leafy green!

I think it is the lettuce, too! I haven't bought any lettuce or (fresh) spinach since that tainted spinach showed up a couple months or so ago. I don't plan on buying any in the near future, either.

Food poisoning isn't in the spirit of Christmas, even though it makes you feel green. :D

And, I'd rather be safe, than sorry.

Ya know, funny thing, I'm from the Amish country area in Lancaster, Pa - lots and lots of farms. Their main crops are corn and tobacco, although they grow just about everything. Every spring, however, the whole countryside spells like manure, because that is what they use to fertilize their soil. It's a common smell up there that time of year --- You could always tell when a farm close by just fertilized......... :sick:

I too am kind of believing it may be the lettuce. Like the other poster, I have avoided buying leafy greens since the spinach recall. We love salad, so it's kind of dissappointing!

...meaning I do not buy the prewashed/sliced greens. I buy heads of lettuce, split them into quarters, spray them down with the veggie wash stuff, and then rinse them in a salad spinner....This has worked well for me...

I love salads. When I buy any type of leafy greens, I take each leaf and wash them each by hand, then I put in a salad spinner and finish the job there. It's a hassle but worth the extra effort. I'm getting hesitant to eat salads at any restaurant after that spinach ordeal a few months back..

Boyz_Mum said:
I too am kind of believing it may be the lettuce. Like the other poster, I have avoided buying leafy greens since the spinach recall. We love salad, so it's kind of dissappointing!

Me, too...makes my tummy feel sick to think of eating any leafy greens right now. Ick!!

This is disappointing because I love to go to Olive Garden - but not the one is my town, it appears dirty. But in another town, I get a cup of one of their delicious soups, salad and bread sticks. Or, I should say, I use to. If Indy had bad produce, I am afraid the other towns in Indiana have the same supplies. Another disappointment, our health department prints their restaurant inspections each week and many many places have major problems, past few weeks have been Chineese, which I also love. :eek:

Is it just me being paranoid,or does anybody else think that there could be something more going on here? It just seems like there is a rash of food born illnesses happening all at once. How do we know this isn't some terrorist plot to contaminate our food supply? Sounds ridiculous,I know,but who would have thought people would fly 2 planes into the World Trade Center?

This is in my state, so I've decided to err on the safe side and will only be eating doughnuts from now on. :D

dark_shadows said:
link

So far about 160 people have complained they got sick after eating at the restaurant. Most of the people were sick for about 36 hours, which is consistent with a food-borne illness.
The total is over 300 people now, I've heard. Unreal.

Dark Knight said:
This is in my state, so I've decided to err on the safe side and will only be eating doughnuts from now on. :D
LOL will they be fried in transfat?

I think I have eaten at that one before, on our trips to IN we usually stick to eating pizza king, yum.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kac1991
Back