Judith Regan....Your Fired.....

I don't take joy in seeing someone lose their job but I must be honest: what she did to the Goldman and the Brown families is reprehensible. Every time I see Fred Goldman, I want to give him the tightest hug.

perhaps this lapse in judgment (the OJ Book) was reflected in her other work as well. or it could be this was just too much for anyone to overcome, she was now a liability instead of an asset, and they cut her lose.

This is very interesting. Judith has brought in a ton of money for them and has always been known as rather a loud mouth bully type of executive. She was the one who had an affair with Bernie Kerik, the former NY Police Commissioner. She was the one who was responsible for Howard Stern's book Private Parts. Howard absolutely LOVES her. He raves about her constantly - about how she is an attractive ball buster.

samhoney said:
I don't take joy in seeing someone lose their job but I must be honest: what she did to the Goldman and the Brown families is reprehensible. Every time I see Fred Goldman, I want to give him the tightest hug.
I dont take joy in it either, but I cant help myself on this one.:angel:

Publisher allegedly cited 'Jewish cabal'

Monday, December 18, 2006 · Last updated 5:24 p.m. PT
By HILLEL ITALIE
AP NATIONAL WRITER

NEW YORK -- In an explosive telephone argument that led to her firing, publisher Judith Regan allegedly complained of a "Jewish cabal" against her in the book industry and stated that Jews "should know about ganging up, finding common enemies and telling the big lie."

A spokesman for Regan's former employer, Rupert Murdoch's News Corp., told The Associated Press on Monday that the remarks were made during a conversation between Regan and HarperCollins attorney Mark Jackson, who took notes. At the time, the two were discussing the future of a controversial new novel about baseball star Mickey Mantle.

Butcher said that Regan and Jackson were discussing an upcoming Regan book, Peter Golenbock's "7: The Mickey Mantle Novel," in which the author, imagining he is Mantle, confesses in detail to a life of sexual exploits, including a tryst with Marilyn Monroe.

With Mantle's family and fans of the former Yankee enraged, Regan and Jackson of HarperCollins were discussing the timing and content of the book, according to Butcher. Regan became enraged by what she believed was HarperCollins' lack of support, and lashed out.

She complained that Jackson, HarperCollins CEO Jane Friedman, HarperCollins Executive Editor David Hirshey and longtime literary agent Esther Newberg were a "Jewish cabal," Butcher said.

She pleaded with Jackson: "Of all people, Jews should know about ganging up, finding common enemies and telling the big lie."

Fields, whose other clients have included Steven Spielberg and Tom Cruise, said Regan and Jackson had discussed some records Regan was trying to obtain. Fields acknowledged that Regan argued with Jackson, but denied she said anything anti-Semitic.

The future of the Mantle book is uncertain. Fields said HarperCollins had told Regan that "7," the title referring to Mantle's uniform number, was "unpublishable." more at link:http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/artandlife/1404AP_Books_Simpson_Publisher.html

By JULIE BOSMAN and RICHARD SIKLOS
Published: December 18, 2006
Rupert Murdoch personally ordered the dismissal of Judith Regan, the publisher of a widely criticized O. J. Simpson book, after he heard reports of a heated conversation Ms. Regan had with a company lawyer on Friday that included comments that were deemed anti-Semitic, according to two people familiar with the News Corporation’s account of the firing.

Mark Jackson, a lawyer with HarperCollins, a division of the News Corporation that includes Ms. Regan’s imprint, reported the alleged comments from a phone conversation with Ms. Regan to Jane Friedman, HarperCollins’s president and chief executive.

“And then Jane called Rupert and Rupert said he won’t tolerate that kind of behavior,” said one of the people, who spoke on condition of anonymity.

The conversation with Mr. Jackson on Friday afternoon was described by sources as heated and confrontational, even for the famously forceful Ms. Regan. Ms. Regan’s alleged comments, which came in the midst of a tense conversation in which she berated Mr. Jackson, were directed at him and Ms. Friedman, who are Jewish, as well as toward other Jews, one of the sources said.

That source would not say specifically what Ms. Regan is alleged to have said, but characterized the comments as offensive and inappropriate, but not a hateful tirade. Still, the source said, it was enough to prompt Mr. Murdoch to dismiss her.

Ms. Friedman, known to have had a testy relationship with Ms. Regan, called Mr. Murdoch in the late afternoon in New York to discuss Ms. Regan’s behavior just as he was preparing to play host to the News Corporation’s annual holiday party for employees from across the company’s subsidiaries, which include the Fox television network, Fox News Channel, The New York Post, the 20th Century Fox film studio and the Web site MySpace.com.

Later that day, at the ReganBooks offices on Santa Monica Boulevard in Los Angeles, a stunned Ms. Regan was confronted by security guards who arrived with boxes and ordered her to leave, according to an account by a HarperCollins executive that was confirmed by another person familiar with the situation.

“This came completely out of the blue,” one executive said. “She was completely taken by surprise.”more at link:http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/18/business/media/18regan.html?ex=1167109200&en=5844dfac8d4eb216&ei=5053&partner=NYTHEADLINES_BOOKS

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back