1586 users online (331 members and 1255 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

NC - Duke prosecutor Mike Nifong accused of ethics violations

The director of a private testing lab admitted in court that he and Mike Nifong, who is prosecuting the Duke Gang Rape case, made a pact to keep the DNA results secret.

The test results showed DNA material in the dancer's panties, vagina and rectum. None of it matched the three men indicted.

source:http://www.newsobserver.com/1185/story/521773.html

Oh my! I wonder what will happen now. I get almost all of my legal informtion from this board and reruns of Law and Order (so maybe I'm wrong ) but I thought the DA had to turn over that kind of information. I thought from the beginning that Nifong was a little too "married to" this case. Not saying that she's a liar, but . . . when you have to hide results to prove that you're right I think it's time to back up and recondsider other options.

Quote Originally Posted by samhoney
    The director of a private testing lab admitted in court that he and Mike Nifong, who is prosecuting the Duke Gang Rape case, made a pact to keep the DNA results secret.

The test results showed DNA material in the dancer's panties, vagina and rectum. None of it matched the three men indicted.

source:http://www.newsobserver.com/1185/story/521773.html
    Nifong needs to be prosecuted. This is ridiculous to trash these three young men so publically, with NO evidence to support the charges. It is incomprehensible to me that a man in Nifong's position would use his power to persecute (yes, persecute) innocent people.

Seems to me I heard this news about the DNA last Spring.
    And I agree. Nifong should be prosecuted.

Quote Originally Posted by kgeaux
    Nifong needs to be prosecuted. This is ridiculous to trash these three young men so publically, with NO evidence to support the charges. It is incomprehensible to me that a man in Nifong's position would use his power to persecute (yes, persecute) innocent people.
    I agree that this idiot should be prosecuted. What a mockery he is making of the justice system in NC. I just wish that a civil suit could be brought against him, but I think that he has immunity.

Countless amounts of money has been spent by the parents. These boys' reputations will be tarnished forever. So, even though they have good educations, their prospects of finding top employment will be limited because of this case. What a shame.

I also think the prostitute stripper should be prosecuted.

PROSECUTED AND DISBARRED!!! I feel so bad for those boys.

Nifong is a complete idiot but the minute he drops the case, Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton will be on a red-eye to Durham in support of this poor, beaten little woman who was assaulted by the white Duke rich kids.....totally disgusting case.

Nifong says "uncle"

District Attorney Mike Nifong has requested that he have himself removed from prosecuting the Duke Lacrosse rape investigation, ABC News has learned. A source close to the investigation said Nifong sent a letter to North Carolina Attorney General Roy Cooper asking his office to assume responsibility of the case.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/LegalCenter/story?id=2791514
    "Religions are like swimming pools, most of the noise comes from the shallow end." -Bishop Shelby Spong

Why not just drop the case? Still an idiot, but at least he's off this case.

Watching all the news on this and I too am surprised that the case still exists at all. I am also surprised that it is not being mentioned that the accuser made a similiar claim 10 years ago. I have not forgotten that.

I suspect that whoever inherits this turkey of a case will drop the charges in about thirty seconds!
    Order the book "Searching For Anna" directly from [URL="http://www.lulu.com/conte

Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    Why not just drop the case? Still an idiot, but at least he's off this case.

Counselor, you know very well why Nifong can't just drop the charges. If he did, it would be an admission that, other than via his scheming and contriving, the charges were brought for political purposes and a true case never existed.

He needs someone else to drop the charges.
    It's not what a man knows that makes him a fool, it's what he does know that ain't so. .... Josh Billings

Quote Originally Posted by Wudge
    Counselor, you know very well why Nifong can't just drop the charges. If he did, it would be an admission that, other than via his scheming and contriving, the charges were brought for political purposes and a true case never existed.

He needs someone else to drop the charges.
    And yet, all of this will come to pass anyway. Nifong is desperately trying to postpone the inevitable. He is going down, he is going down fast. And the "victim" is going down too.

Quote Originally Posted by kgeaux
    And yet, all of this will come to pass anyway. Nifong is desperately trying to postpone the inevitable. He is going down, he is going down fast. And the "victim" is going down too.

In North Carolina, DAs are expected to manufacture cases and falsify or withhold evidence. Nothing will happen to Nifong other than a potential palm slap given with a wink.
    It's not what a man knows that makes him a fool, it's what he does know that ain't so. .... Josh Billings

The first step to true justice.

I expect the three kids wrongfully accused to come out very wealthy through all the lawsuits. Duke has a billion dollar endowment... well, *had*.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast