1030 users online (192 members and 838 guests)  

Websleuths News

View Poll Results: How many hours?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • 4 hours

20 57.14%
  • 7 hours

15 42.86%

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

How many hours?

From the 1998 A&E documentary The Ramseys vs The Media -

John Ramsey: The American public has been led to believe that we went to bed that night on Christmas, brutally beat JonBenet, sexually molested her, strangled her, woke up the next morning, wrote a three-page ransom note,called the police, sat around the house for four hours then I went down and discovered her body - Then was able to act distraught.

thewebsafe.tripod.com/09281998aedocumentary.htm

According to John's statement, how many hours had elapsed between the time the police were called and his discovering JonBenet's body in the basement?

-Tea

He said four hours, so that is the number for which I voted.

-Tea

I see there have been two votes placed for "seven hours", yet I don't see the word "seven" in John Ramsey's statement. Maybe it's that I'm not seeing it, like it's in some kind of invisible type. Could someone help me out here and show me where "seven" is in what John said?

-Tea

7 isn't what he said, but it's what really happened, which I assume is the point of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrishope
    7 isn't what he said, but it's what really happened, which I assume is the point of this.
    He said he made a trip down to the basement alone that morning, did he not, Chrishope?

-Tea

Quote Originally Posted by icedtea4me
    He said he made a trip down to the basement alone that morning, did he not, Chrishope?

-Tea

Yes, I believe he did. He also told Andrew that JB had been found at 11.

I think he's catching on, folks!
    I'm as mad as HELL and I'm NOT gonna take it anymore!.

In DOI, JR says around 10am he decided to go down to the basement and check the window he broke when he was locked out,as he thought that area needed to be looked at.
    I'm having a hard time beleiving that JR wasn't involved in the cover-up as well,but it does fit that when no call from the KN came by 10am,he thought the whole thing suspect and decided to check the house,esp the basement,more thoroughly.That time fits in with his comment as well,about finding the body 4 hrs after calling police.
    something to ponder:

When the corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and the mortal have put on immortality, then shall we be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

O death, where [is] thy sting? O grave, where [is] thy victory?

The sting of death [is] sin; and the strength of sin [is] the law.
    But thanks [be] to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
    1 Corinthians 15:54-57

Quote Originally Posted by JMO8778
    In DOI, JR says around 10am he decided to go down to the basement and check the window he broke when he was locked out,as he thought that area needed to be looked at.
    I'm having a hard time beleiving that JR wasn't involved in the cover-up as well,but it does fit that when no call from the KN came by 10am,he thought the whole thing suspect and decided to check the house,esp the basement,more thoroughly.That time fits in with his comment as well,about finding the body 4 hrs after calling police.
    Except that he didn't find her at 10 or even 11, as he'd told AR. (At least as far as we know) He found her a few minutes after 1pm. So it doesn't seem to fit very well. The only way it might fit is if you think PR was solely responsible for JB's death, and JR believed it was a kidnapping until he found the body at 10 or 11, during his solo trip to the basement. The only reason for him not to tell police at that point was that he might have realized PR did it, and needed more time to think about how to deal with the situation.

Stewart Long said that John Ramsey told him and JAR that he had discovered JonBenet's body around 11 am.

That combined with his "four hours" comment leads me to believe that "four hours" is correct, and not seven at all.

Except that he didn't find her at 10 or even 11, as he'd told AR. (At least as far as we know) He found her a few minutes after 1pm. So it doesn't seem to fit very well. The only way it might fit is if you think PR was solely responsible for JB's death, and JR believed it was a kidnapping until he found the body at 10 or 11, during his solo trip to the basement. The only reason for him not to tell police at that point was that he might have realized PR did it, and needed more time to think about how to deal with the situation.
    I think he knew way before 10 or 11 am that there was no kidnapper. John Ramsey never behaved as if he thought that RN was real - having Patsy call police without mentioning the threat to their daughter's life, inviting other friends over when the note said NOT to talk to anyone, allowing Burke to leave the house and his personal protective watch...he had to know before the receiver ever left the telephone base that JonBenet had not been kidnapped, or I really don't think he would have gone along with any of that. And with his shirt fibers on her pubic area and in her underwear, he had to know she was dead in the basement.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuisanceposter
    I think he knew way before 10 or 11 am that there was no kidnapper. John Ramsey never behaved as if he thought that RN was real - having Patsy call police without mentioning the threat to their daughter's life, inviting other friends over when the note said NOT to talk to anyone, allowing Burke to leave the house and his personal protective watch...he had to know before the receiver ever left the telephone base that JonBenet had not been kidnapped, or I really don't think he would have gone along with any of that. And with his shirt fibers on her pubic area and in her underwear, he had to know she was dead in the basement.
    Oh I agree. I think he knew there was no kidnapper right from the time they didn't put JB to bed to the time they killed her.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuisanceposter
    Stewart Long said that John Ramsey told him and JAR that he had discovered JonBenet's body around 11 am.

That combined with his "four hours" comment leads me to believe that "four hours" is correct, and not seven at all.
    I was thinking about the 11am conv. w/ Stewart as well.
    something to ponder:

When the corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and the mortal have put on immortality, then shall we be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

But thanks [be] to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Right,that's why I say it fits w/ what JR says in DOI,but it doesn't fit with the fact I think he was involved in the cover-up,if not more.
    In retrospect,I wonder if he made that (so-called?) slip-up on purpose,in order to fit in with what Stewart heard him saying about finding the body sooner than 1pm?That would get him off the hook in being involved w. the actual murder,altho not off the hook with all of the coverup,but only with what happened after finding the body.
    something to ponder:

Oh I agree. I think he knew there was no kidnapper right from the time they didn't put JB to bed to the time they killed her.
    Chrishope,

icedtea4me is asking According to John's statement which is a follow the dots kind of question.

Actually JonBenet may have been placed onto a bed after being killed, her post mortem posture is that of a child lying down on something not bundled or wrapped in anything since her arms are extended.

From memory her head blow was applied from behind, so thats not kind of accidental, this is intentional.

She was asphyxiated from the front, not from behind, how many people think Jonbenet was asphyxiated by the garrote?

She has multiple contusions and abrasions around her face and back, again difficult to see this arising as the consequence of some accident?

So superficially JonBenet was manually strangled, possibly at the same time of the strangulation, JonBenet's assailant repeatedly bashed her head and face against some household object, until she lost consciousness?

But the forensic evidence suggests the head bash and asphyxiation were separate events, some suggest the head bash was meant to make certain JonBenet was dead, others that it was staging to meant to complicate the evidence?

Johns statements to the police regarding his movements after he arrived back from the White's tell you he knew about JonBenet's death prior to 6AM Dec 26th, how else can they synchronise their statements, only Burke slips up and tells us JonBenet walked into the house.

John knows that the rest of the extended Ramsey family may not entirely buy his version of events, he knows they can ask difficult questions that the BPD cannot, so to forestall some questioning, he may have elected to suggest he discovered JonBenet's body earlier.

Curiously I cannot speculate that John did it and after finding JonBenet decided to stage a violent intruder homicide complete with duct-tape, garrote, and wrist ties etc, because Patsy and her matching fibers were upstairs at the alleged time of John discovering JonBenet's corpse.

No, somebody wanted JonBenet dead, since corpses do not speak its that simple!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast