Mel Gibson's Secret Love Child

Floh

Former Member
Reaction score
A PRETTY blonde is taking legal action against troubled Hollywood superstar Mel Gibson to force him to take a DNA test and prove she's his secret daughter.
Painter Carmel Sloane claims the millionaire actor made her mum pregnant on a mattress in the back of his car before he was famous 30 YEARS ago.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/story_pages/showbiz/showbiz2.shtml

I'm not sure if this is someone out to make a fast buck or if Mel will recognise she's his daughter.

"I'd love it if he recognised us as family. I'm not looking for a meal ticket. I am happy with my life. I would love to meet him but I wouldn't expect to be part of his life. I'm not looking for a piece of the pie or that lifestyle. I would like him to know he has a grandson who is a great kid. He is very bright and creative. He would be proud of him," she said.

just how fast has his image transmuted in a few short months?

no comment from his people as yet. :slap:

I'm happy to read he wasn't married at the time this supposedly occurred. Must be a shock for him to have this lady come out of the woodwork after all this time.

IdahoMom said:
I'm happy to read he wasn't married at the time this supposedly occurred. Must be a shock for him to have this lady come out of the woodwork after all this time.

He'd have been around 20 at the time, wouldn't he? has there ever been a whisper of him being unfaithful to his wife? i don't think so and clearly he wasn't married at the time he supposedly was briefly with this lady's mother.

Floh said:
He'd have been around 20 at the time, wouldn't he? has there ever been a whisper of him being unfaithful to his wife? i don't think so and clearly he wasn't married at the time he supposedly was briefly with this lady's mother.
I held my breath there for a minute when I started to read it, then realized the timing was off.

There have been whispers of infidelity. I haven't seen anything with any substance, though, so who knows?

Thanks for posting the interesting article. This will be a good one to follow.

Thus far, the South Asian Women's Forum,*India, has picked up on it, but i expect an explosion of media interest during the rest of the day as the world awakens.

I think the word "alleged" should be edited into the title of the post.

Floh said:
there have been roars not just whispers..believe me anyone with his drinking problem and rednecked heritage combined with perceived gorgeousness - who has women throwing themselves at him - has been unfaithful..I would be shocked more if he wasn't..

Dark Knight said:
I think the word "alleged" should be edited into the title of the post.

I think the question matk at the beginning is sufficient to indicate this isn't a solid and factual story as yet.

newtv said:
there have been roars not just whispers..believe me anyone with his drinking problem and rednecked heritage combined with perceived gorgeousness - who has women throwing themselves at him - has been unfaithful..I would be shocked more if he wasn't..

As i said, i haven't heard even a whisper, so if there are roars i've failed to hear, i need to know.

this story isn't saying anything about unfaithfulness.

newtv said:
Mel is one of the few actors I pay any attention to but I have nver heard one word about him being unfaithful.
As for this "love child" the timing of her coming forward is rather odd I'd say. Why now? I would think that her mother would have wanted to collect on some pretty hefty child support payments all these years if it were true.

Sally said:
...Why now?...

The timing does seem suspicious. However, perhaps, she really believes that Mel is the father. As the article said, she married two years later. This was a young girl (17), and she was probably very naive.

The young lady is really pretty and does bear a resemblance to Mel. Of course, Mel has the kind of face that a lot of people could look like. ;)

I hope that there is at least closure for the girl. If she proves to be his daughter, I hope that she is welcomed into his large fold. There should be room for her.

The story makes me think of Hank Williams daughter. She had to fight to be part of his family. However, Hank Williams either kept in touch with the mother or mentioned the daughter or something that made her realize that he acknowledged her. That as of yet doesn't seem to be the case here. I guess only time will tell.

I could totally be wrong, but I thought that I read a few years back that Mel's wife gave him an ultimatim, saying that if he continued to run around, she was going to divorce him. I thought that was when he cleaned up his act.

Floh said:

Um, actually yes. Gibson himself has made vague references to causing his wife "grief" until he gave up drinking some years ago. (Something that obviously didn't take.) He didn't exactly say he had cheated on her, but his statements were certainly worded so as to allow that interpretation.

This is not to say he isn't basically a loving husband and father these days. But he himself has made it clear he hasn't always been a saint.

Nova said:
Um, actually yes. Gibson himself has made vague references to causing his wife "grief" until he gave up drinking some years ago. (Something that obviously didn't take.) He didn't exactly say he had cheated on her, but his statements were certainly worded so as to allow that interpretation.

This is not to say he isn't basically a loving husband and father these days. But he himself has made it clear he hasn't always been a saint.
yes he admitted to infidelity in an interview-and based it on his drinking problem-and his own dark side..he readily admitted to having a dark side and long before the anit-semetic comments/tirade..but its very talked about regarding gibson and womanizing..I think we havent heard about it because he is very protected and also he lived in austrailia of NZ for a lot of this life..it didnt hit north american news so much..I have no doubt he has had many many trysts..and I dont doubt this gilr on principle..lots of people have love children and once in the while it is someone who is later famous.
I dont assume its true-but it doesnt surprise me in the least..i wouldnt be surprised if Geaorge Bush had one.,.so thats all I mean..I dont think he does but if he did-its just another thing that happens in many peoples lives.
many of us have siblings in the world we dont know about-some people have children and never tell anyone..i think its very very common.

:waitasec: Not looking for a meal ticket? Eh.. we will see.... she probably is his kid though I mean why would someone be so persistent on getting a DNA test if they had any doubt?..

Floh said:
A PRETTY blonde is taking legal action against troubled Hollywood superstar Mel Gibson to force him to take a DNA test and prove she's his secret daughter.
Painter Carmel Sloane claims the millionaire actor made her mum pregnant on a mattress in the back of his car before he was famous 30 YEARS ago.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/story_pages/showbiz/showbiz2.shtml

I'm not sure if this is someone out to make a fast buck or if Mel will recognise she's his daughter.

"I'd love it if he recognised us as family. I'm not looking for a meal ticket. I am happy with my life. I would love to meet him but I wouldn't expect to be part of his life. I'm not looking for a piece of the pie or that lifestyle. I would like him to know he has a grandson who is a great kid. He is very bright and creative. He would be proud of him," she said.

just how fast has his image transmuted in a few short months?

no comment from his people as yet. :slap:

I am not sure she can force him to take a DNA test. She is emancipated and her mother never established paternity. The laws on this vary depending on where this woman lives.

Just a few thoughts.

He might not of ever been told of this child, we don't know the facts.

We also don't know when the mother decided to tellt his child that she was the off spring of a famous person.

If she grew up thinking that her stepfather was really her father, then told late in life, this wasn't the case, she might have been dealing with some really uncertain feelings up until lately.

We just don't have all the facts.

These types of things, are never cut and dry, trust me I know all the emotions involved in such matters.

Those that have grown up knowing where they came from and from whom, wouldn't understand the questions, that some others of us might have.

If you learn later in life, your whole life can become a lie for sometime until you get it settled in your own space.

We just don't know all the facts right now.

However, if she went to the media first, then I do question her reasons.

Yes, there was a layout with photos in one of the tabloids about 4-5 years ago. In the photos, taken by one of the women, he was in a bar drinking with two women. The tabloid interview was with one of the women. Mel was dancing with the women trying to seduce either one or both of them. I believe the location was in Mexico near where he was making a movie at the time.

I know that many do not "believe" what is written in the tabloids. But I do think it is their policy to give a polygraph to the person being interviewed before they publish the story. Also, these women had photographs and I was Mel in them and he did not appear to be sober.

The tabloids do not necessarily make up stuff. They print stuff to sell magazines. Generally with the threat of libel and slander hanging over their heads, generally they verify things before they are printed. I am sure most of the stuff in Star, Enquirer, US and People is not totally made up. Sometimes it gets exagerated a bit, but if you have photographic proof, it is hard to dispute that.

Yes, I, too, think she looks like Mel.

According to the article, she's known he was her father for a long time. She says that she and her mother would watch Mel Gibson movies together.

Just a quess as to the question, "Why now?" I would have to say it has to do with this young woman's son. She says she would like to give Mel the chance to know his grandson and then she goes on to describe the boy as smart and creative. She is probably looking to Mel for some kind of financial help with raising her son (allegedly Mel's "grandson.")

My dad and I were estranged for over 10 years until I had my DD. After she was born we realized we were both missing out and we didn't want her to miss out too and we started rebuilding our relationship.

Maybe this woman doesn't want her son to miss out on the chance to know his grandfather or doesn't want to miss out on the chance to know her dad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back