Kenny Rogers exchanges his head for a new one

PlasmaFiend024

Reaction score
In his best-known song, Kenny Rogers talked about knowing "when to walk away." Perhaps he hasn?t quite yet reached that point.

Promoting his new album Water & Bridges on American Idol last week, the 67-year-old country legend introduced himself to a new generation of fans – and startled some longtime followers with his new, wrinkle-free look.

Rogers, who lives in Atlanta with his wife, Wanda, 39, and 21-month-old identical twin sons Jordan and Justin, opened up about parenthood and plastic surgery with PEOPLE's Michael McCall.

Let's cut to the chase. Have you had plastic surgery?
Yes, I have. I did a lot more a long time ago. Dolly (Parton) used to kid me about it. But like everybody I blame the media for it. The first six years of my career, I got more comments on my weight than on my singing. So I think I became so self-conscious that I started working on it harder.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,26334,1183537,00.html
I saw him on some show and just was dumbfounded :dance:

EDITED BY DP DUE TO COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT

i love his music, and wouldnt care if he grew horns.

Love his music I think he is a wonderful man and entertainer. I do not like what he has done to himself he looks ridiculous but to each his own I guess. BTW I used to think he was a very sexy older looking man.

He's been having lipo for years. I was afraid his face was just a matter of time. Personally, I like the character created by aging. But, then again, that's just how my family has always dealt with aging. With multiple family members making it over one hundred, that's probably a good thing!
(I'll bet part of his decision had to do with people mistaking his twins as his grandsons! My aunt Betty had that problem because her hair went white early--oh the looks she got while she was pregnant with that beautiful head of white hair!!!)

I don't have anything against plastic surgery, but I think it's just ridiculous when celebs go overboard with it. He looks ridiculous, IMO. I honestly don't think he looks better now. He has that "classic plastic" look now. He doesn't look right. Either he's had waaay to many facial procedures done, or his surgeon just plain did a lousy job. Ick, ick, ick. I imagine it won't be long before he's added to the www.awfulplasticsurgery.com website, complete with before and after photos.

The man is 67 years old. There's nothing wrong with the way he looked before, IMO. I mean, at 67, nobody expects him to have a smooth face with no wrinkles. Whenever celebs go overboard on the eye surgery, it always creates MORE crows feet that turn upwards.

I feel for anyone that thinks they look good (once they had face lifts). Sure, there are some who do look good, but he isn't one of them. He's had a facial life prior to just recently. His face was tight, and his eyes looked slanted. Why do these people feel they have to do this?

You know you've had too much plastic surgery when.....you look like a bad impersonator of youself. :crazy: Hee, I saw him on tv last year and I thought he was a Kenny Rogers impersonator, I told my husband he was not the best one I have seen then I found out it was the real one. :eek:

YIKES!!!:eek: He looked better in his unaltered state... and one more of these :eek:, for the face lift.. :eek: ok another one.. this is the way Hollywood is looking these days :eek: .. it's doesn't look good.. :eek: hehe this is why I'm afraid to have anything done to my face.. I don't want to look like this :eek: ! I think I made myself clear on this.. hehe :p

was heartbroken when i saw him on American Idol last year. i would not have recognized him!! i always thought he was good lookin' back in the day. but now he looks nothing like his former self. at least i could recognize barry manilow!

He looks awful. I wonder if he and Robert Blake had the same plastic surgeon? Even my husband commented on Kenny Roger's new look, and he said it was horrendous. The radio DJ's at a local station here even made fun of him. He's just went too far.:silenced:

Mira said:
i love his music, and wouldnt care if he grew horns.
We recently saw his Christmas show (live) and I was not close enough to see whether or not he had wrinkles, but he sure sounded good. I'm with Mira on this one.

I saw him on American Idol and could not fathem it was the same person. Maybe he and Joan Rivers should hook up??:blowkiss: I am sure his plastic surgeon does not want him to give hime a shout out on tv. He looked MUCH better before.

he looks like an absolute freak.
i still can't figure out why people with so many millions of dollars at their disposal, who could do pretty much anything they want, choose to do this kind of thing to themselves.
i would so much rather see someone who has character and lines on their face, ('history', if you will)... than someone who pays perfectly good money to erase their face... or try to look 25 when they are almost 70. please.

I think Kenny is very talented but he went wayyyyyy overboard imo, with the surgery. He doesn't even look like himself.:waitasec:

I hate it! I would have never recognized him.
I love his singing and his voice and how he looked before!
Here's what I have to say to his plastic surgeon --- :razz: :razz: :razz:

I read all the posts first, and expected something awful. To me, just looks like the man has ugly eyes, and no one noticed before because they were hidden. Personally, I think he looks great except for the squishy small eyes - but those were in both photos!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back